Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Default Solar 1kW installation pics

Attached Thumbnails
Solar 1kW installation pics-2009_05050004_1-jpg  Solar 1kW installation pics-2009_05050006-1-jpg
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2009_05050005_1.jpg (243.3 KB, 50 views)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Bill of materials.PDF (94.2 KB, 57 views)
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On Wed, 6 May 2009 22:54:03 -0700, "BobW"
wrote:

:
:"Ross Herbert" wrote in message
.. .
:
:Very nice.
:
:Are the panels to the left more electrical panels or are they for heating
:water?
o you get tax credits?
:What did the hardware cost?
:
:Thanks.
:
:Bob

Bob,

The left hand panels are for solar water heating. The storage tank is on the
other side of the gable so it isn't visible from the front of the house.
Re cost - see my reply to David Jones in aus.electronics newsgroup.

At the moment the position re credits in WA is as shown on this page
http://www.synergy.net.au/Residentia...y_Buyback.html
but it is not yet clear whether the current government will swing into line with
either Queensland or ACT where they pay for gross production at 3.88 times the
residential selling price I believe.
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Ross Herbert wrote:

[Image]

What kind of roofing material is that and how well is the roof insulated ?

I assume the black panels on the left are solar thermal.

Graham

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On Thu, 07 May 2009 13:54:25 +0100, Eeyore
wrote:

:
:
:Ross Herbert wrote:
:
: [Image]
:
:What kind of roofing material is that and how well is the roof insulated ?
:
:I assume the black panels on the left are solar thermal.
:
:Graham

The roofing is standard Colorbond corrugated steel in light green.
http://www.colorbond.com/

There is only a layer of aluminium coated foil directly underneath the sheeting
and the ceiling surface is insulated with a mix of R4 polyester batts and loose
fill cellulose fibre.
http://www.insulfibre.com.au/products_cell.htm
I am gradually removing the loose fill stuff and replacing it with polyester
batts because it is a bugger when the ceiling needs repairs. Since the plaster
ceiling panels are attached to the ceiling rafters using adhesive, over time -
through shrinkage etc, some of the adhesive dobs become detached from the
plasterboard and it begins to sag. The loose fill cellulose then takes up the
space between the plasterboard and the rafter and proceeds to pack even tighter
forcing the ceiling to sag even more. To re-attach the plasterboard the loose
fill must first be completely removed and blown out from the gap before
re-gluing.

For those thinking of loose fill cellulose insulation with timber rafters and
Gyprock ceiling material http://www.gyprock.com.au/ I would recommend against
it. If you do want to use cellulose make sure it is already sealed in bags.
http://www.thermalinsulationperth.com/index.htm
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

"Ross Herbert" wrote in message
news
On Thu, 07 May 2009 13:54:25 +0100, Eeyore
wrote:

:
:
:Ross Herbert wrote:
:
: [Image]
:
:What kind of roofing material is that and how well is the roof insulated
?
:
:I assume the black panels on the left are solar thermal.
:
:Graham

The roofing is standard Colorbond corrugated steel in light green.
http://www.colorbond.com/

You'll wear the sun out sooner you will!

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

ian field wrote:

"Ross Herbert" wrote in message
news
On Thu, 07 May 2009 13:54:25 +0100, Eeyore
wrote:

:
:
:Ross Herbert wrote:
:
: [Image]
:
:What kind of roofing material is that and how well is the roof insulated
?
:
:I assume the black panels on the left are solar thermal.
:
:Graham

The roofing is standard Colorbond corrugated steel in light green.
http://www.colorbond.com/

You'll wear the sun out sooner you will!

Only 'down under' so don't worry about it!

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida

http://www.flickr.com/photos/materrell/
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message
ian field wrote:

"Ross Herbert" wrote in message
news
On Thu, 07 May 2009 13:54:25 +0100, Eeyore
wrote:

:
:
:Ross Herbert wrote:
:
: [Image]
:
:What kind of roofing material is that and how well is the roof
insulated
?
:
:I assume the black panels on the left are solar thermal.
:
:Graham

The roofing is standard Colorbond corrugated steel in light green.
http://www.colorbond.com/

You'll wear the sun out sooner you will!

Only 'down under' so don't worry about it!

They must fart more down under - just look at the state of their ozone
layer!

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

ian field wrote:

"Ross Herbert" wrote in message
news On Thu, 07 May 2009 13:54:25 +0100, Eeyore
wrote:

:
:
:Ross Herbert wrote:
:
: [Image]
:
:What kind of roofing material is that and how well is the roof
insulated
?
:
:I assume the black panels on the left are solar thermal.
:
:Graham

The roofing is standard Colorbond corrugated steel in light green.
http://www.colorbond.com/

You'll wear the sun out sooner you will!

Only 'down under' so don't worry about it!

They must fart more down under - just look at the state of their ozone
layer!

I blame it all on Phil. He torments those poor little O2 molecules,
until they reforms into O3 molecules.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida

http://www.flickr.com/photos/materrell/
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

ian field wrote:

"Ross Herbert" wrote in message
news On Thu, 07 May 2009 13:54:25 +0100, Eeyore
wrote:

:
:
:Ross Herbert wrote:
:
: [Image]
:
:What kind of roofing material is that and how well is the roof
insulated
?
:
:I assume the black panels on the left are solar thermal.
:
:Graham

The roofing is standard Colorbond corrugated steel in light green.
http://www.colorbond.com/

You'll wear the sun out sooner you will!

Only 'down under' so don't worry about it!

They must fart more down under - just look at the state of their ozone
layer!

I blame it all on Phil. He torments those poor little O2 molecules,
until they reforms into O3 molecules.

I thought damage to the ozone layer was a LACK of O3.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

ian field wrote:

"Ross Herbert" wrote in message
news On Thu, 07 May 2009 13:54:25 +0100, Eeyore
wrote:

:
:
:Ross Herbert wrote:
:
: [Image]
:
:What kind of roofing material is that and how well is the roof
insulated
?
:
:I assume the black panels on the left are solar thermal.
:
:Graham

The roofing is standard Colorbond corrugated steel in light green.
http://www.colorbond.com/

You'll wear the sun out sooner you will!

Only 'down under' so don't worry about it!

They must fart more down under - just look at the state of their ozone
layer!

I blame it all on Phil. He torments those poor little O2 molecules,
until they reforms into O3 molecules.

I thought damage to the ozone layer was a LACK of O3.

Ozone is O2. Down here at sea level, it cannot exist. Up there, the
loosely bound pair can. Unless a nasty Chlorine molecule wanders near.
It can break several Ozone molecules apart, negating their function.

We need Chlorine scrubbers up there.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

ian field wrote:

"Ross Herbert" wrote in message
news On Thu, 07 May 2009 13:54:25 +0100, Eeyore
wrote:

:
:
:Ross Herbert wrote:
:
: [Image]
:
:What kind of roofing material is that and how well is the roof
insulated
?
:
:I assume the black panels on the left are solar thermal.
:
:Graham

The roofing is standard Colorbond corrugated steel in light green.
http://www.colorbond.com/

You'll wear the sun out sooner you will!

Only 'down under' so don't worry about it!

They must fart more down under - just look at the state of their ozone
layer!

I blame it all on Phil. He torments those poor little O2 molecules,
until they reforms into O3 molecules.

I thought damage to the ozone layer was a LACK of O3.

Sure. Its all hanging around Phil, in an attempt to bleach away his
defects. We all know how well that works, don't we?

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On 13/05/2009 Archimedes' Lever wrote:

..
..
..
Ozone is O2. Down here at sea level, it cannot exist. Up there,
the loosely bound pair can. Unless a nasty Chlorine molecule wanders
near. It can break several Ozone molecules apart, negating their
function.

We need Chlorine scrubbers up there.

Huh?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ozone

--
The Force is dark on one side, light on the other and holds the world
together.

Hmmm, just like Gaffer Tape then.
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

ian field wrote:

"Ross Herbert" wrote in message
news On Thu, 07 May 2009 13:54:25 +0100, Eeyore
wrote:

:
:
:Ross Herbert wrote:
:
: [Image]
:
[...]

Probably best not to start him off if he isn't ranting already.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

ian field wrote:

"Ross Herbert" wrote in message
news On Thu, 07 May 2009 13:54:25 +0100, Eeyore
wrote:

:
:
:Ross Herbert wrote:
:
: [Image]
:
[...]

That's when double kill filtering comes in handy.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On 13 May 2009 19:07:15 GMT, "Hot Jock" wrote:

Huh?

Yes. What was I thinking. I thought it was two atoms. Duh.