Default Solar screen arc installation?

Hi experts. I am making solar screens for my windows because the high
electricity bill here in Texas. I can make the square ones pretty
easily, but the ones with the arc is impossible to do. There is no
metal that can bend or curve for this to happen. Anyone figure out a
way to do this him/herself? I appreciate the input!

p.s: For people who have done solar screen installs, how much have you
saved per month on average in electricity bills? Thanks.

Just to clarify. What i meant was the window has an arc at the top
which also needs to be covered by the solar screen. Any thoughts?
Thanks.

SQLit

wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi experts. I am making solar screens for my windows because the high
electricity bill here in Texas. I can make the square ones pretty
easily, but the ones with the arc is impossible to do. There is no
metal that can bend or curve for this to happen. Anyone figure out a
way to do this him/herself? I appreciate the input!

p.s: For people who have done solar screen installs, how much have you
saved per month on average in electricity bills? Thanks.

I know there is a machine that is used to bend the channel. Never seen one
and that is probably why the arched windows cost so much to have done. Your
probably going to have to call a local contractor for those.

I paid a contractor to put shade screens on my last house. It was about
$500.00 sorry I moved in in the winter time and by summer I had replaced the
a/c as well. Total electric bill drop was about 50% from the high of the
previous owner. Which is irrelevant cause I do not know how many people
there were nor how they ran the home.

Your savings will depend a lot on the type of screen material and the number
of full sun windows you have. Guessing I would think ~10% maybe more. I used
the screens to keep the furniture from solar fade.

Fred

p.s: For people who have done solar screen installs, how much have you
saved per month on average in electricity bills? Thanks.

Doesn't seem like much at all, if any. Have the full solar screens installed
on one side of a 2 story house, the side where the sun hits it the most. A
little cooler, it blocks the sun but also blocks the view compared with the
regular screen. I wanted to take it off during winters which is a PIA for a
2-story house. If I have to do it again awnings over the windows would be
the way to go.