Old January 29th 04, 05:17 PM
Gunner

Default OT- I thought Bush on imigration was evil?

http://www.washtimes.com/national/20...2045-1558r.htm

Laugh laugh laugh.

You Libs are sooooo predictable.

Gunner

"This device is provided without warranty of any kind as to reliability,
accuracy, existence or otherwise or fitness for any particular purpose
and Bioalchemic Products specifically does not warrant, guarantee,
imply or make any representations as to its merchantability for any
particular purpose and furthermore shall have no liability for or
responsibility to you or any other person, entity or deity with respect
to any loss or damage whatsoever caused by this device or object or by
any attempts to destroy it by hammering it against a wall or dropping it
into a deep well or any other means whatsoever and moreover asserts
that you indicate your acceptance of this agreement or any other
agreement that may he substituted at any time by coming within
five miles of the product or observing it through large telescopes or
by any other means because you are such an easily cowed moron
who will happily accept arrogant and unilateral conditions on a piece
of highly priced garbage that you would not dream of accepting on a
bag of dog biscuits and is used solely at your own risk.'

Old January 29th 04, 06:03 PM
Tom Gardner

Immigration is our second original sin after slavery. The whole concept of
pretending to control border crossings is a total joke. America wants the
cheap labor, just like we did in the days of slavery, but has yet to come up
with a workable protocol. I think we should just open the borders and
document anyone that wants to come here but stipulate that there is no free
lunch, they must work and learn English, In return for contributing to our
society they can enjoy the benefits. I'm not an advocate of set minimum
wages but I don't like people being taken advantage of because of situation.
Somewhere in the past, my ancestors came here for opportunity not
oppression.

Why can't our government go back to fostering our creation of real wealth
within our borders? The deindustrialization of our country is just the
start, this situation is unsustainable. I often think that this whole
industrial revolution thing was a big mistake!

Old January 30th 04, 12:06 AM
Tom Stovall

Tom Gardner wrote:

Immigration is our second original sin after slavery. The whole concept of pretending to control border crossings is a total joke...

Immigration can be controlled to a much greater degree by enforcing
existing laws. Meaningful fines for any employer who allows an illegal
alien on a job site would be a good start.

America wants the cheap labor, just like we did in the days of slavery, but has yet to come up with a workable protocol...

I don't know that America wants or needs "cheap labor", but those
business that pay bottom wages for unskilled labor - especially
construction, agribusiness and restaurants/hotels are addicted to the
concept.

I think we should just open the borders and document anyone that wants
to come here but stipulate that there is no free lunch, they must work...

Any job an illegal alien holds is a job lost to an American citizen.
The
standard argument presented by big business is that Americans won't do
the jobs done by illegal aliens, but such arguments are transparently
self serving and laughably specious.

and learn English...

No puede hablar la lengua de la raza?

In return for contributing to our society they can enjoy the benefits.

Illegal aliens already enjoy many of the benefits of our society,
including free emergency medical care and free education as well as many
of the rights of the citizenry.

I'm not an advocate of set minimum wages but I don't like people being
taken advantage of because of situation...

The situation is that illegal aliens work for substandard wages doing
jobs that could be done by American citizens. As I see it, if an
employer can't make a profit hiring American labor, he's in the wrong
business.

Somewhere in the past, my ancestors came here for opportunity not
oppression...

Opportunity is where you find it, but the field ain't level if some
folks are playing by the rules while others are flaunting the rules.

Why can't our government go back to fostering our creation of real wealth within our borders?...

We can't create wealth because we don't make stuff anymore. Corporate
greed and the willingness or our political leaders from both sides of
the aisle to suck up to stateless multinationals will be our undoing.

The deindustrialization of our country is just the start, this situation
is unsustainable. I often think that this whole industrial revolution
thing was a big mistake!...

We can certainly agree that sending industry and jobs offshore is a big
mistake! It will enrich big business in the short term and devastate us
blue collar types in the long run.
--
Tom Stovall, CJF
Farrier & Blacksmith

http://www.katyforge.com

"I ride a big blue roan, I carry all I own,
In the pouches of my saddlebag, with my bedroll tied behind..."
Mary McCaslin, "Prairie in the Sky"
Old January 30th 04, 02:48 PM
Cliff Huprich

In article , Gunner
writes:

http://www.washtimes.com/national/20...2045-1558r.htm

Laugh laugh laugh.

You Libs are sooooo predictable.

??

Been done many times before IIRC.
But YOU like the new "legalized slavery" method ...
--
Cliff
Old January 30th 04, 03:16 PM
Cliff Huprich

In article , Tom Stovall writes:

Illegal aliens already enjoy many of the benefits of our society,
including free emergency medical care and free education as well as many
of the rights of the citizenry.

Do they pay the same taxes?
Do their employers?
--
Cliff

Old January 30th 04, 08:38 PM
Tom Stovall

Cliff Huprich wrote:

Illegal aliens already enjoy many of the benefits of our society,
including free emergency medical care and free education as well as many of the rights of the citizenry.

Do they pay the same taxes?

Nossir. Illegal aliens have to pay sales tax on goods and services they
buy in this country, but they don't pay ANY income tax when they're paid
in cash by their employer - and many are.

Do their employers?

When an employer pays an illegal alien in cash, there's no withholding
of any kind - it's off the books.

If an employer pays by check, and they meet the criteria, illegal aliens
are kept on the books as "independent contractors."

Outsourcing is an extremely common practice: Instead of hiring American
workers, a company will hire a another company employing illegal aliens
to perform certain tasks. When they're caught doing this - as was
Wal-Mart - an outfit can sanctimoniously disclaim any knowledge of the
hiring of illegal aliens.

An employer must do some creative accounting if he keeps an illegal
alien on the books as a regular employee because illegal aliens are
ineligible for social security.

An illegal alien can't get a bank account because he has no social
security card; so if he's paid by check, he has to cash his paycheck
someplace in order to send money home. It ain't by accident that check
cashing and money order ripoffs abound in the barrios.
--
Tom Stovall, CJF
Farrier & Blacksmith

http://www.katyforge.com

En boca cerrada no entran moscas.
Old January 31st 04, 12:16 AM
Santa Cruz Mike

On Fri, 30 Jan 2004 14:38:36 -0600, Tom Stovall
wrote:

An illegal alien can't get a bank account because he has no social
security card; so if he's paid by check,

You don't need a SS number to open a bank account.

Mike
Old January 31st 04, 01:10 AM
Kathy

wrote:

An illegal alien can't get a bank account because he has no social
security card; so if he's paid by check,

You don't need a SS number to open a bank account.

Mike

yes you do and you need 2 id's, at least one with a photo and you have to be
over 18 to get one at Commerce Bank

Old January 31st 04, 02:07 AM
Santa Cruz Mike

On Fri, 30 Jan 2004 20:10:34 -0500, "Kathy"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

An illegal alien can't get a bank account because he has no social
security card; so if he's paid by check,

You don't need a SS number to open a bank account.

Mike

yes you do and you need 2 id's, at least one with a photo and you have to be
over 18 to get one at Commerce Bank

At Wells Fargo in Santa Cruz you need only two ids to open an account.
One must have a picture... a long list of other agreements, etc are
acceptable.. no SS needed... Depending on if you are white or
other.. there is a bery broad range of acceptable ids to use.

A business account requires a DBA, business liscense.. Tax Id number
of some kind....

MRAs requere Tax Id number, SS number to send info to IRS.

Many ask for SS numbers.. they don't require them. It is just an easy
way to identify you.

Later,
Mike
Old January 31st 04, 02:32 AM
Tom Stovall

wrote:

An illegal alien can't get a bank account because he has no social
security card; so if he's paid by check,

You don't need a SS number to open a bank account.

It may be just a Texas thing, but a social security number is required
to open an account at any Texas bank.