Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Default Tektronix Germanium Tunnel Diode.

While sorting some boxes of old junk I found a resealable plastic bag full
of tiny paper envelopes, a couple of which had Tektronix brand labels.

One envelope was marked: Tektronix 152-0177-00 Germanium tunnel diode, the
others we 152-0434-00 and 152-0465-00

Anyone know if its possible to find info on these parts? I've tried putting
"152-0177-00" into google, there was only 2 pages of hits and no data that I
could find.

TIA.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

ian field wrote:
While sorting some boxes of old junk I found a resealable plastic bag full
of tiny paper envelopes, a couple of which had Tektronix brand labels.

One envelope was marked: Tektronix 152-0177-00 Germanium tunnel diode, the
others we 152-0434-00 and 152-0465-00

Anyone know if its possible to find info on these parts? I've tried putting
"152-0177-00" into google, there was only 2 pages of hits and no data that I
could find.

Try on s.e.equipment, maybe an older Tektronix service tech or engineer
remembers those.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

ian field wrote:
While sorting some boxes of old junk I found a resealable plastic bag full
of tiny paper envelopes, a couple of which had Tektronix brand labels.

One envelope was marked: Tektronix 152-0177-00 Germanium tunnel diode, the
others we 152-0434-00 and 152-0465-00

Anyone know if its possible to find info on these parts? I've tried putting
"152-0177-00" into google, there was only 2 pages of hits and no data that I
could find.

P.S.: Also cross post into s.e.repair

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

"Joerg" wrote in message
.. .
ian field wrote:
While sorting some boxes of old junk I found a resealable plastic bag
full of tiny paper envelopes, a couple of which had Tektronix brand
labels.

One envelope was marked: Tektronix 152-0177-00 Germanium tunnel diode,
the others we 152-0434-00 and 152-0465-00

Anyone know if its possible to find info on these parts? I've tried
putting "152-0177-00" into google, there was only 2 pages of hits and no
data that I could find.

P.S.: Also cross post into s.e.repair

Thanks - I'll try that.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On Thu, 17 Apr 2008 15:34:54 GMT, "ian field"
wrote:

While sorting some boxes of old junk I found a resealable plastic bag full
of tiny paper envelopes, a couple of which had Tektronix brand labels.

One envelope was marked: Tektronix 152-0177-00 Germanium tunnel diode, the
others we 152-0434-00 and 152-0465-00

Anyone know if its possible to find info on these parts? I've tried putting
"152-0177-00" into google, there was only 2 pages of hits and no data that I
could find.

TIA.

Check with the Yahoo scope groups..bet the Tek bunch can tell ya and
might even buy them from ya..

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

wrote:

While sorting some boxes of old junk I found a resealable plastic bag full
of tiny paper envelopes, a couple of which had Tektronix brand labels.

One envelope was marked: Tektronix 152-0177-00 Germanium tunnel diode, the
others we 152-0434-00 and 152-0465-00

Anyone know if its possible to find info on these parts? I've tried
putting
"152-0177-00" into google, there was only 2 pages of hits and no data that
could find.

TIA.

Check with the Yahoo scope groups..bet the Tek bunch can tell ya and
might even buy them from ya..

Might be for those old plug in sampeling heads. I used to repair those in
the late 60's in the WSMR cal lab. Can't remember tek tunnel diodes used in
anything other than pulse generators back then? Possible memory fade
though.

rich

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

wrote:

While sorting some boxes of old junk I found a resealable plastic bag full
of tiny paper envelopes, a couple of which had Tektronix brand labels.

One envelope was marked: Tektronix 152-0177-00 Germanium tunnel diode, the
others we 152-0434-00 and 152-0465-00

Anyone know if its possible to find info on these parts? I've tried
putting
"152-0177-00" into google, there was only 2 pages of hits and no data that
could find.

TIA.

Check with the Yahoo scope groups..bet the Tek bunch can tell ya and
might even buy them from ya..

A quick look in the envelopes reveals that they appear to be pulls from old
equipment so I can't guarantee they're any good, assuming they are any good
I have a 465 which uses a couple of tunnel diodes so it seems sensible to
hang on to them.

If I decided I could use one and only keep one spare, I've been trying to
get around to building a dip meter for ages - obviously a tunnel diode
dipper is now possible.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Tektronix 152-0177-00 TD253B tunnel diode 10mA 4.7pF
found on page http://www.slack.com/temodel.html
googling for "152-0177-00" diode

http://www.datasheetarchive.com/TD253B-datasheet.html
http://www.datasheetarchive.com/specsheet/TD253B.html
TD253B
General Electric Solid State :: General Purpose Tunnel Diode

Specsheet / Datasheet

V(f)(V) Forward Voltage @Ipeak=600m
Ipeak Max. (A)=10m
Peak Current Tol. (A)=1.0m
V(P) (V) Peak-Point Voltage=90m
V(V) (V) Valley-Point Voltage=420m
Ratio Ipeak/Ivalley Min.=8.0
I(F) Max. (A) Forward Current=10m
r(s) Max. (Ohms) Series Res.=2.5
L(s) Max.(H),Series Inductance=1.5n
C(t) Max.(F) Total Capacitance=2.0p
P(D) Max.(W) Power Dissipation=7.0m
Semiconductor Material=Germanium
Status=Discontinued
Package=Axial-E
Military=N

Oppie

"ian field" wrote in message
While sorting some boxes of old junk I found a resealable plastic bag full
of tiny paper envelopes, a couple of which had Tektronix brand labels.

One envelope was marked: Tektronix 152-0177-00 Germanium tunnel diode, the
others we 152-0434-00 and 152-0465-00

Anyone know if its possible to find info on these parts? I've tried
putting "152-0177-00" into google, there was only 2 pages of hits and no
data that I could find.

TIA.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

"Oppie" wrote in message
[...]

Very useful, thanks.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

"ian field" wrote in message

"Oppie" wrote in message
Tektronix 152-0177-00 TD253B tunnel diode 10mA 4.7pF
found on page http://www.slack.com/temodel.html
googling for "152-0177-00" diode

[snip]
Oppie

Very useful, thanks.

Glad to help. An occasional challenge helps me to hone the search skills -
which eventually helps me.

With Google, the dashes are interpreted as 'remove this term' from the
search. when you put it in qoutes, it is a litteral. Add a specific item
like 'diode' in this case or 'schematic' and the results usually pop out
pretty fast.

Oppie

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

"Oppie" wrote in message news:ea4Oj.11$NK1.2@trndny05...

"ian field" wrote in message

"Oppie" wrote in message
Tektronix 152-0177-00 TD253B tunnel diode 10mA 4.7pF
found on page http://www.slack.com/temodel.html
googling for "152-0177-00" diode

[snip]
Oppie

Very useful, thanks.

Glad to help. An occasional challenge helps me to hone the search skills -
which eventually helps me.

With Google, the dashes are interpreted as 'remove this term' from the
search. when you put it in qoutes, it is a litteral. Add a specific item
like 'diode' in this case or 'schematic' and the results usually pop out
pretty fast.

Oppie

Composing google search strings reminds me of writing DOS batch files, I
never got the hang of replaceable characters.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

wrote:

[...]

I once built a tunnel diode beat frequency metal detector. The major problem
with it was that when the frequencies got real close to each other the
oscillators would injection lock to each other.

Bob

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

"sycochkn" wrote in message
m...

wrote:

[...]

That could happen to any 2 oscillators with similar frequencies unless
output buffering is used, one of the uses for a TD is a threshold detector
so they're practically made to lock together.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

"ian field" wrote in message
Composing google search strings reminds me of writing DOS batch files, I
never got the hang of replaceable characters.

Bah, you need a %1 upside the %2 ;-)

Tim

--
Deep Fryer: A very philosophical monk.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

"ian field" wrote in message

"sycochkn" wrote in message
m...

wrote:

[...]

The were buffered with a level shifter and digital logic. I think TDs are
especially sensetive to injection locking.

Bob