Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
ian field ian field is offline

Default Tektronix Germanium Tunnel Diode.

"J.P." wrote in message
On Thu, 17 Apr 2008 15:34:54 GMT, "ian field"
wrote:

While sorting some boxes of old junk I found a resealable plastic bag full
of tiny paper envelopes, a couple of which had Tektronix brand labels.

One envelope was marked: Tektronix 152-0177-00 Germanium tunnel diode, the
others we 152-0434-00 and 152-0465-00

Anyone know if its possible to find info on these parts? I've tried
putting
"152-0177-00" into google, there was only 2 pages of hits and no data that
could find.

TIA.

Check with the Yahoo scope groups..bet the Tek bunch can tell ya and
might even buy them from ya..

A quick look in the envelopes reveals that they appear to be pulls from old
equipment so I can't guarantee they're any good, assuming they are any good
I have a 465 which uses a couple of tunnel diodes so it seems sensible to
hang on to them.

If I decided I could use one and only keep one spare, I've been trying to
get around to building a dip meter for ages - obviously a tunnel diode
dipper is now possible.