Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Default DVD Database - DVD_Database_pic.jpg (1/1)

Attached Thumbnails
DVD Database - DVD_Database_pic.jpg (1/1)-dvd_database_pic-jpg
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

JackShephard wrote:

[Image]

Whoopee. Any IDIOT can play with spreadsheets. Try doing something
USEFUL. Write a killer MRP program. Get a job, or even better, a life.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On Sun, 27 May 2007 10:04:13 GMT, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

JackShephard wrote:

[Image]

Whoopee. Any IDIOT can play with spreadsheets. Try doing something
USEFUL. Write a killer MRP program. Get a job, or even better, a life.

Oh boy. Purchased MRP applications are far better than any tripe you
could ever author.

Just proves how little use you are in your larded years.

I have a job. I also have a DVD collection, and am now into the HD
forms. That screenshot was from a 32" monitor.

You probably still watch VHS on your 25 year old 25" cheap Japanese TV.
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

wrote:

JackShephard wrote:

[Image]

Whoopee. Any IDIOT can play with spreadsheets. Try doing something
USEFUL. Write a killer MRP program. Get a job, or even better, a life.

Yeah, spreadsheets are crap, toys for people who never learned to
program. We had an admin who couldn't type and edit a simple list of
names without cranking up Excel. HAD an admin.

On the other hand, now it will be easy for him to convert his DVD list
into a PowerPoint presentation.

John

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

wrote:

JackShephard wrote:

[Image]

Whoopee. Any IDIOT can play with spreadsheets. Try doing something
USEFUL. Write a killer MRP program. Get a job, or even better, a life.

Yeah, spreadsheets are crap, toys for people who never learned to
program. We had an admin who couldn't type and edit a simple list of
names without cranking up Excel. HAD an admin.

On the other hand, now it will be easy for him to convert his DVD list
into a PowerPoint presentation.

He might as well, he'll never have a LIFE.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

wrote:

JackShephard wrote:

[Image]

Whoopee. Any IDIOT can play with spreadsheets. Try doing something
USEFUL. Write a killer MRP program. Get a job, or even better, a life.

Yeah, spreadsheets are crap, toys for people who never learned to
program. We had an admin who couldn't type and edit a simple list of
names without cranking up Excel. HAD an admin.

Shows how many YEARS you are behind what modern spreadsheets can do,
and Visual Basic is required for many of the functions.

On the other hand, now it will be easy for him to convert his DVD list
into a PowerPoint presentation.

Not at all. This pulls from over 110 thousand records. There is no way
you or anyone else could do it in powerpoint without calling on data from
a spreadsheet, database table, or SQL database table.

I could easily make an Access front end for it, or even a PowerPoint
front end, but why do that when the power modern spreadsheets carry
takes care of it fine?

I think you know about 2% of what modern spreadsheets can do today. Yet
another proof of haw many decades behind modern times you really are.
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
Bob Bob is offline

[snip all the argumentative babble]

Have you figured out a way to scan DVDs (and CDs?) with a barcode scanner,
link the scan data to an online database, and have them automatically
entered into your database? That's what I would really like to be able to
do.

I would gladly pay you Tuesday for this type of product today.

Bob

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

wrote:

JackShephard wrote:

[Image]

Whoopee. Any IDIOT can play with spreadsheets. Try doing something
USEFUL. Write a killer MRP program. Get a job, or even better, a life.

Yeah, spreadsheets are crap, toys for people who never learned to
program. We had an admin who couldn't type and edit a simple list of
names without cranking up Excel. HAD an admin.

On the other hand, now it will be easy for him to convert his DVD list
into a PowerPoint presentation.

He might as well, he'll never have a LIFE.

So, folks that program databases for folks that own DVDs "have no life"?
How rich, your pathetic assessment is.

When did you sell out that part of your brain that allowed you to garner
a clue about the real world, Terrell?
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On Sun, 27 May 2007 19:54:44 -0700, "Bob"
wrote:

[snip all the argumentative babble]

Have you figured out a way to scan DVDs (and CDs?) with a barcode scanner,
link the scan data to an online database, and have them automatically
entered into your database? That's what I would really like to be able to
do.

I would gladly pay you Tuesday for this type of product today.

Bob

Fry's Electronics (among other sources) sells the bar code scanner
kits, and why refer to an online DB, when you can DL a fully populated DB
with weekly updates?

Then, the only thing you need to do is scan YOUR discs to put them in
the "Purchasing" sheet, and then DL the disc image, which very well may
be DLable soon (it is for other, purchased DBs)

So, yes, there are a few out there that you have to pay for. Mine (the
front end, the database is the work of another person) is 100% free, and
constantly updated, and typically carries all of the available info. I am
working on integrating actor and director info into it as well.

You can also type in the UPC to pump data into the purchasing data
table.

So what you have at that point is not only a database of your title, but
a searchable database of ALL titles made, whether still in the channel or
not (even a field for that "status").

Then, you can look up your favorite film that you do not have, and see
ALL the discs currently made for that film title.

My Forbidden Planet "library" is one example. Even though this database
doesn't have LD titles in it, I have The Forbidden Planet about fives
times over, in various formats. :-[

That way, you don't spend time DLing off of some site that may or may
not exist from year to year.

Of course you can merely look it up on Amazon, and get plenty of info
there.

Or IMDB for that matter, which is run by Amazon, IIRC.

AFAIK, however, what you want costs money, and likely has the Bill Gates
business model of trying to get "update" monies out of your hiney as
well.

I happen to like free databases, and I merely made a front end for a
popular one out there.

Mine requires the new Office product, however, as the limit for cell
ranges in the older Office versions is 65535 rows, and this DB has over
110,000.

The proper thing for me to do would be to make an ACCESS front end, and
ACCESS tables to import this info into. Then, I am quite sure there
would be no limitations on size, and likely no VB Macros in it either.

However, Vista and the new Office products are hot shtuff, and I'll be
happy with mine for years to come.
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
Bob Bob is offline

"JackShephard" wrote in
message ...
wrote:

[...]

Wow. I had no idea this 'scan and link-to-db' stuff existed.

Thanks for the info, Jack. I'll run it up the flagpole and see who salutes.

Bob

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Bob wrote:

"JackShephard" wrote in
message ...
wrote:

[...]

You don't know Jack! That's 'dork mutter', AKA 'Spastic dong', AKA
the biggest morphing ass on usenet.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On Sun, 27 May 2007 21:19:07 -0700, "Bob"
wrote:

"JackShephard" wrote in
message ...
wrote:

[...]

Of course it does. Their depth varies though. (just like the folks
here).

Thanks for the info, Jack. I'll run it up the flagpole and see who salutes.

It certainly seems as though it won't be any of the backward dopes in
here.
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On Mon, 28 May 2007 04:56:32 GMT, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Bob wrote:

"JackShephard" wrote in
message ...
wrote:

[...]

Hardly. I have had a grand total of maybe twelve nyms in all of ten
years, asswipe.
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

wrote:

Wow. I had no idea this 'scan and link-to-db' stuff existed.

Thanks for the info, Jack. I'll run it up the flagpole and see who salutes.

Bob

If you want pre-done, must be purchased stuff, try this one. It covers
books and other media as well.

http://www.readerware.com/
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

JackShephard wrote:

On Mon, 28 May 2007 04:56:32 GMT, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Bob wrote:

"JackShephard" wrote in
message ...
wrote:

[...]

then you can use, "Dead from the neck, up" for your next one. Truth
in advertising, and all that.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On Thu, 31 May 2007 04:42:25 GMT, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

JackShephard wrote:

On Mon, 28 May 2007 04:56:32 GMT, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Bob wrote:

"JackShephard" wrote in
message ...
wrote:

[...]

Still the perpetual, immature retard, you are.
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

JackShephard wrote:

---
Still the perpetual, immature retard.

Don't worry, we know you are never going to change, missy! BTW, I
like your new sig file.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell