Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
No Name

Default Eeyore = Jack S limey

Nuff said
--
Heaven is where the police are British, the chefs Italian, the mechanics
German, the lovers French and it is all organized by the Swiss.

Hell is where the police are German, the chefs British, the mechanics
French, the lovers Swiss and it is all organized by Italians.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

wrote in message

Heaven is where the police are British, the chefs Italian, the mechanics
German, the lovers French and it is all organized by the Swiss.

No, the lovers are Italian and the cooks are French.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On Mon, 21 May 2007 02:29:28 GMT, Eeyore
wrote:

British food is amongt the best in the world with chefs ever keen to work here.

Bwuaahahahahhaa!

Is that why they are on the Iron Chef competitions so often (not!)?

The get chefs from around the world, but I don't see many brit twits in
the heated battles!

Try again, euroboy.
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On Mon, 21 May 2007 02:29:28 GMT, Eeyore

Hell is where the police are German, the chefs British

You're *SO* out of date.

British food is amongt the best in the world with chefs ever keen to work here.
Not to mention that British food these days embraces just about every style from
around the world. Even downmarket US burger joints - LOL !

---
That's not British food, dumb ass, that's good _foreign_ food served
in the UK.

--
JF

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

John Fields wrote:

Eeyore wrote:
wrote:

Hell is where the police are German, the chefs British

You're *SO* out of date.

British food is amongt the best in the world with chefs ever keen to work here.
Not to mention that British food these days embraces just about every style from
around the world. Even downmarket US burger joints - LOL !

---
That's not British food, dumb ass, that's good _foreign_ food served
in the UK.

That is what British Food *is* these days.

Having said that, the traditional British Roast takes some beating too. Even hundreds
of years ago the French commnted on its excellence. It seems they can't do it and
indeed I've never come across a classic roast meal anywhere else in Europe.

Bangers and mash make a very warming and satisfying meal too. Food doesn't *have* to
be complicated.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bangers_and_Mash

For some intriguing reason Spaghetti Bolognese has long been a British favourite too.

Graham

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On Mon, 21 May 2007 13:10:26 GMT, Eeyore
wrote:

John Fields wrote:

Eeyore wrote:
wrote:

Hell is where the police are German, the chefs British

You're *SO* out of date.

British food is amongt the best in the world with chefs ever keen to work here.
Not to mention that British food these days embraces just about every style from
around the world. Even downmarket US burger joints - LOL !

---
That's not British food, dumb ass, that's good _foreign_ food served
in the UK.

That is what British Food *is* these days.

---
I guess next you're going to claim that hamburgers are British food.

--
JF
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

wrote:

John Fields wrote:

Eeyore wrote:
wrote:

Hell is where the police are German, the chefs British

You're *SO* out of date.

British food is amongt the best in the world with chefs ever keen to work here.
Not to mention that British food these days embraces just about every style from
around the world. Even downmarket US burger joints - LOL !

---
That's not British food, dumb ass, that's good _foreign_ food served
in the UK.

That is what British Food *is* these days.

---
No. It's what Britons eat, but it's not British food just as fish
and chips isn't American food.

--
JF
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

wrote:

You forgot to mention tripe AKA offal. I would like to forget it too.

It is not a popular dish.

Graham

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

John Fields wrote:

Eeyore wrote:
John Fields wrote:
Eeyore wrote:
wrote:

Hell is where the police are German, the chefs British

You're *SO* out of date.

British food is amongt the best in the world with chefs ever keen to work here.
Not to mention that British food these days embraces just about every style

from around the world. Even downmarket US burger joints - LOL !

---
That's not British food, dumb ass, that's good _foreign_ food served
in the UK.

That is what British Food *is* these days.

---
I guess next you're going to claim that hamburgers are British food.

It's well known that they're German. Or at least a derivation therefrom.

Graham

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

John Fields wrote:

Eeyore wrote:
John Fields wrote:
Eeyore wrote:
wrote:

Hell is where the police are German, the chefs British

You're *SO* out of date.

British food is amongt the best in the world with chefs ever keen to work here.
Not to mention that British food these days embraces just about every style

from around the world. Even downmarket US burger joints - LOL !

---
That's not British food, dumb ass, that's good _foreign_ food served
in the UK.

That is what British Food *is* these days.

---
No. It's what Britons eat, but it's not British food

Tell it to a chef and see what response you get. If you like, it's *modern* British
food. Much of course is the result of Empire.

Graham

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On Mon, 21 May 2007 19:25:33 GMT, Eeyore
wrote:

John Fields wrote:

Eeyore wrote:
John Fields wrote:
Eeyore wrote:
wrote:

Hell is where the police are German, the chefs British

You're *SO* out of date.

British food is amongt the best in the world with chefs ever keen to work here.
Not to mention that British food these days embraces just about every style
from around the world. Even downmarket US burger joints - LOL !

---
That's not British food, dumb ass, that's good _foreign_ food served
in the UK.

That is what British Food *is* these days.

---
No. It's what Britons eat, but it's not British food

Tell it to a chef and see what response you get. If you like, it's *modern* British
food. Much of course is the result of Empire.

---
I suppose when you go to a French restaurant that's also "British
food?"

Or when you feel like eating Italian food you say: "Let's go British
tonight."

Ditto for Indian food?

--
JF
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

In message , John Fields
writes
wrote:

John Fields wrote:

Eeyore wrote:
John Fields wrote:
Eeyore wrote:
wrote:

[...]

Look at
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KG-pmg_CCeI
Ian.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On Tue, 22 May 2007 16:57:28 +0100, Ian Jackson
wrote:

In message , John Fields
writes
wrote:

John Fields wrote:

Eeyore wrote:
John Fields wrote:
Eeyore wrote:
wrote:

[...]

Funny! :-)

--
JF

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

"Phil Hobbs" wrote in message

It isn't English food that's bad, it's English _restaurants_ (except the
foreign ones). Real English food is stuff like roast beef with
Yorkshire pudding and roasted potatoes, cold game pie, steamed
three-ginger pudding, rhubarb-strawberry pie, the kind of stuff Bertie
Wooster ate...and I grew up on. Amazing. We used to have Porterhouse
*roasts* when I was a kid. You just can't get it in restaurants.

What is a cold game pie?

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Lord Garth wrote:
"Phil Hobbs" wrote in message
It isn't English food that's bad, it's English _restaurants_ (except the
foreign ones). Real English food is stuff like roast beef with
Yorkshire pudding and roasted potatoes, cold game pie, steamed
three-ginger pudding, rhubarb-strawberry pie, the kind of stuff Bertie
Wooster ate...and I grew up on. Amazing. We used to have Porterhouse
*roasts* when I was a kid. You just can't get it in restaurants.

What is a cold game pie?

It's usually made in a loaf pan, with a savoury crust top and bottom.
Inside it's half-inch cubes of a mixture of venison, pheasant,
partridge, duck, rabbit, or whatever the beaters shook out yesterday,
embedded in jellied stock from boiling same. It usually has, iirc,
salt, pepper, sage and rosemary in it. It's served as a cold dish,
sliced. The gelatine holds it all together--it's pretty looking as well
as very very tasty. An old Christmas holiday standby.

Chicken pot pie is another English specialty. All good
stick-to-the-ribs stuff from the days before central heating or house
insulation.

Cheers,

Phil Hobbs
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Default Cold game pie

"Phil Hobbs" wrote in message

It's usually made in a loaf pan, with a savoury crust top and bottom.
Inside it's half-inch cubes of a mixture of venison, pheasant,
partridge, duck, rabbit, or whatever the beaters shook out yesterday,
embedded in jellied stock from boiling same. It usually has, iirc,
salt, pepper, sage and rosemary in it. It's served as a cold dish,
sliced. The gelatine holds it all together--it's pretty looking as well
as very very tasty. An old Christmas holiday standby.

Chicken pot pie is another English specialty. All good
stick-to-the-ribs stuff from the days before central heating or house
insulation.

Sounds much like what my brother and I did with our doves from last
season. We added wine to the pot for an extra treat.

Does a shepherds pie have a savory crust? Here, it is beef on top of
a mashed potato.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Phil Hobbs wrote:

It isn't English food that's bad, it's English _restaurants_ (except the
foreign ones).

Show me a bad restaurant these days. If they can't cook decent food they'll go bust.

Real English food is stuff like roast beef with
Yorkshire pudding and roasted potatoes,

There's a classic. I challenge anyone to cook a meal that's really any more satisfying
than a really good roast. I additionally roast vegetables like carrot, parsnip and onion
in the the roasting dish with the meat. Make sure they don't dry out and you'll get a
wonderful gravy as well as a yummy vegetable accompaniment.

cold game pie, steamed
three-ginger pudding, rhubarb-strawberry pie, the kind of stuff Bertie
Wooster ate...and I grew up on. Amazing. We used to have Porterhouse
*roasts* when I was a kid. You just can't get it in restaurants.

On the subject of dessert, steamed puddings like spotted dick, apple charlotte, apple and
blackberry crumble.... all are delicious.

Graham

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Lord Garth wrote:
"Phil Hobbs" wrote in message

It's usually made in a loaf pan, with a savoury crust top and bottom.
Inside it's half-inch cubes of a mixture of venison, pheasant,
partridge, duck, rabbit, or whatever the beaters shook out yesterday,
embedded in jellied stock from boiling same. It usually has, iirc,
salt, pepper, sage and rosemary in it. It's served as a cold dish,
sliced. The gelatine holds it all together--it's pretty looking as well
as very very tasty. An old Christmas holiday standby.

Chicken pot pie is another English specialty. All good
stick-to-the-ribs stuff from the days before central heating or house
insulation.

Sounds much like what my brother and I did with our doves from last
season. We added wine to the pot for an extra treat.

Does a shepherds pie have a savory crust? Here, it is beef on top of
a mashed potato.

My mum always made it with the mashed potato on top for a crust, and I
always hated it. I got into the habit of wolfing down all the leftover
beef on the second day, so she couldn't make shepherd's pie.

Cheers,

Phil
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

"Phil Hobbs" wrote in message

Does a shepherds pie have a savory crust? Here, it is beef on top of
a mashed potato.

My mum always made it with the mashed potato on top for a crust, and I
always hated it. I got into the habit of wolfing down all the leftover
beef on the second day, so she couldn't make shepherd's pie.

That sounds like a good plan!