Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
Phil Hobbs Phil Hobbs is offline

Default Cold game pie

Lord Garth wrote:
"Phil Hobbs" wrote in message

It's usually made in a loaf pan, with a savoury crust top and bottom.
Inside it's half-inch cubes of a mixture of venison, pheasant,
partridge, duck, rabbit, or whatever the beaters shook out yesterday,
embedded in jellied stock from boiling same. It usually has, iirc,
salt, pepper, sage and rosemary in it. It's served as a cold dish,
sliced. The gelatine holds it all together--it's pretty looking as well
as very very tasty. An old Christmas holiday standby.

Chicken pot pie is another English specialty. All good
stick-to-the-ribs stuff from the days before central heating or house
insulation.

Sounds much like what my brother and I did with our doves from last
season. We added wine to the pot for an extra treat.

Does a shepherds pie have a savory crust? Here, it is beef on top of
a mashed potato.

My mum always made it with the mashed potato on top for a crust, and I
always hated it. I got into the habit of wolfing down all the leftover
beef on the second day, so she couldn't make shepherd's pie.

Cheers,

Phil