Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.design

Default Timing Diagram Tool?

Anyone know of a cheap (or free) Timing Diagram tool?

I need to communicate with my digital counterparts on an IC design ;-)

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.design

"Jim Thompson" ...
Anyone know of a cheap (or free) Timing Diagram tool?

I need to communicate with my digital counterparts on an IC design ;-)

See the XWAVE font from Joseph Palmer:

http://www.josephpalmer.com/history/2004_history.shtml (search for XWAVE)
http://www.josephpalmer.com/etc-local/misc/xwave.zip

Regards,
Arie de Muynck

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.design

On Mon, 7 May 2007 20:03:48 +0200, "Arie de Muynck"
wrote:

"Jim Thompson" ...
Anyone know of a cheap (or free) Timing Diagram tool?

I need to communicate with my digital counterparts on an IC design ;-)

See the XWAVE font from Joseph Palmer:

http://www.josephpalmer.com/history/2004_history.shtml (search for XWAVE)
http://www.josephpalmer.com/etc-local/misc/xwave.zip

Regards,
Arie de Muynck

NICE! Thanks!

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |
| Phoenix, Arizona Voice480)460-2350 | |

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.design

On Mon, 07 May 2007 11:10:20 -0700, Jim Thompson
wrote:

On Mon, 7 May 2007 20:03:48 +0200, "Arie de Muynck"
wrote:

"Jim Thompson" ...
Anyone know of a cheap (or free) Timing Diagram tool?

I need to communicate with my digital counterparts on an IC design ;-)

See the XWAVE font from Joseph Palmer:

http://www.josephpalmer.com/history/2004_history.shtml (search for XWAVE)
http://www.josephpalmer.com/etc-local/misc/xwave.zip

Regards,
Arie de Muynck

NICE! Thanks!

...Jim Thompson

Now. A dumb question... do I just copy this to the \Windows\Fonts
directory, or is some other step required?

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |
| Phoenix, Arizona Voice480)460-2350 | |

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.design

"Jim Thompson"...
Now. A dumb question... do I just copy this to the \Windows\Fonts
directory, or is some other step required?

I think I just copied it into the folder that is shown when you follow
Start -- Settings -- Control Panel -- Fonts
but maybe it must also be registered.

See also:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314960

Adding New Fonts
----------------
Windows supports TrueType fonts or fonts that are specially designed for
Windows, and these fonts are available commercially. Some programs also
include special fonts that are installed as part of the program
installation. Additionally, printers frequently come with TrueType or
special Windows fonts. Follow the directions that come with these products
to install these fonts.

To manually install or re-install a font:
1. Click Start, and then click Run.
2. Type %windir%\fonts, and then click OK.
3. On the File menu, click Install New Font.
4. In the Drives box, click the drive that has the floppy or CD-ROM
that contains the fonts you want to add. If you are installing fonts from a
floppy disk, this is typically drive A or drive B. If you are installing the
fonts from a compact disc, your CD-ROM drive is typically drive D.
Double-click the folder that contains the fonts.
5. Click the font you want to add. To select more than one font at a
time, press and hold down the CTRL key while you click each font.
6. Click to select the Copy Fonts To Fonts Folder check box. The
Windows\Fonts folder is where the fonts that are included with Windows are
stored.
7. Click OK.

Note On Microsoft Windows NT 4.0, Microsoft Windows 2000, Microsoft Windows
XP, and Microsoft Windows Server 2003, you must be an administrator to add
and remove fonts.

Regards,
Arie de Muijnck

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.design

Jim Thompson wrote:

Anyone know of a cheap (or free) Timing Diagram tool?

I need to communicate with my digital counterparts on an IC design ;-)

Arie's hint is great. But it'll be lots of typing. If it isn't for doc
purposes but just for mutual understanding there is an easier way. This
Saturday me and my layouter (with him being in Vermont) just could not
get onto the same page with a weird kind of laser diode mounting
(z-bend, then rotate a bit and lay flat over some discretes).

So I sketched it up, scanned that in and zipped it over. Tada! Problem
solved, layout is now done. But the fab people haven't come back with a
quote for hours now. Hope that doesn't spell trouble.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.design

wrote:

On Mon, 7 May 2007 20:03:48 +0200, "Arie de Muynck"
wrote:

"Jim Thompson" ...
Anyone know of a cheap (or free) Timing Diagram tool?

I need to communicate with my digital counterparts on an IC design ;-)

See the XWAVE font from Joseph Palmer:

http://www.josephpalmer.com/history/2004_history.shtml (search for XWAVE)
http://www.josephpalmer.com/etc-local/misc/xwave.zip

Regards,
Arie de Muynck

NICE! Thanks!

...Jim Thompson

Now. A dumb question... do I just copy this to the \Windows\Fonts
directory, or is some other step required?

...Jim Thompson

My Computer - Control Panel- Fonts and drag & drop the ttf file in,
it should install.

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.design

On Mon, 07 May 2007 12:44:17 -0700, Joerg
wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:

Anyone know of a cheap (or free) Timing Diagram tool?

I need to communicate with my digital counterparts on an IC design ;-)

Arie's hint is great. But it'll be lots of typing. If it isn't for doc
purposes but just for mutual understanding there is an easier way. This
Saturday me and my layouter (with him being in Vermont) just could not
get onto the same page with a weird kind of laser diode mounting
(z-bend, then rotate a bit and lay flat over some discretes).

So I sketched it up, scanned that in and zipped it over. Tada! Problem
solved, layout is now done. But the fab people haven't come back with a
quote for hours now. Hope that doesn't spell trouble.

I sketch on grid paper, photograph, and email. One of my customers
jokingly asked me what CAD package I use, and I answered "Sharpie."

John

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.design

wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:

Anyone know of a cheap (or free) Timing Diagram tool?

I need to communicate with my digital counterparts on an IC design ;-)

Arie's hint is great. But it'll be lots of typing. If it isn't for doc
purposes but just for mutual understanding there is an easier way. This
Saturday me and my layouter (with him being in Vermont) just could not
get onto the same page with a weird kind of laser diode mounting
(z-bend, then rotate a bit and lay flat over some discretes).

So I sketched it up, scanned that in and zipped it over. Tada! Problem
solved, layout is now done. But the fab people haven't come back with a
quote for hours now. Hope that doesn't spell trouble.

I sketch on grid paper, photograph, and email. One of my customers
jokingly asked me what CAD package I use, and I answered "Sharpie."

Didn't Bob Widlar call that his "Mexican Computer"?

I really like the scanner. Got myself one of those biz-hub style things
and it sits within arms length from me. It's connected to the LAN.
Sketch up, click the scan to email thingamagic on the PC, bzzzzt, click,
click, click, done.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.design

Spehro Pefhany wrote:

wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:

Anyone know of a cheap (or free) Timing Diagram tool?

I need to communicate with my digital counterparts on an IC design ;-)

Arie's hint is great. But it'll be lots of typing. If it isn't for doc
purposes but just for mutual understanding there is an easier way. This
Saturday me and my layouter (with him being in Vermont) just could not
get onto the same page with a weird kind of laser diode mounting
(z-bend, then rotate a bit and lay flat over some discretes).

So I sketched it up, scanned that in and zipped it over. Tada! Problem
solved, layout is now done. But the fab people haven't come back with a
quote for hours now. Hope that doesn't spell trouble.

I sketch on grid paper, photograph, and email. One of my customers
jokingly asked me what CAD package I use, and I answered "Sharpie."

John

Nothing works like quadrille paper, pencil, eraser, ruler and eraser
shield until you get the concept settled. Then, and only then, is CAD
productive, IMHO.

Agree. Except that I don't know what an eraser shield is. Do I have to
feel dprived now?

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.design

Spehro Pefhany wrote:

wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:

[...]

It's handy effectively having a photocopier within reach too (scan
directly to laser printer). I use it rarely, but it sure comes in
handy when it's needed.

Yep, it does that, too. Just have to hit another button and it copies.
Faxes, scans, prints and copies at a pretty good clip. This has freed up
a lot of space in my office plus I have better redundancy now. It has so
many buttons that I just discovered a new one after over a year: It can
scale copies. Yeehaw. Didn't know that.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.design

An eraser shield is a small piece of stainless steel, about the size of a
credit card and very (0.010" or so) thin. It has various size cutouts in
the steel, some circles, some radiuses, some straight lines, some !
teardrops, etc.. You put the shield over the part you want to erase a tiny
portion of and erase like hell without worry about erasing too much.

I've still got a working electric eraser (both plug-in and cordless) if
anybody needs one. Otherwise they go to the engineering museum when I kick
off.

Jim

"Joerg" wrote in message
news

Agree. Except that I don't know what an eraser shield is. Do I have to
feel dprived now?

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.design

Arie de Muynck wrote:

"Jim Thompson" ...

Anyone know of a cheap (or free) Timing Diagram tool?

I need to communicate with my digital counterparts on an IC design ;-)

See the XWAVE font from Joseph Palmer:

http://www.josephpalmer.com/history/2004_history.shtml (search for XWAVE)
http://www.josephpalmer.com/etc-local/misc/xwave.zip

Thanks, Arie. Just tried it in MS-Word. Works nicely. Just in case
someone wonders: It doesn't show up as XWave but just two brackets in
the font list, way at the end.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.design

Joerg wrote:
John Larkin wrote:

I sketch on grid paper, photograph, and email. One of my customers
jokingly asked me what CAD package I use, and I answered "Sharpie."

Didn't Bob Widlar call that his "Mexican Computer"?

Nah, that was Teledeltos paper. It was electrically conductive, with a
sheet resistance of something like 10k ohms per square. You cut it with
an X-Acto knife, put a voltage across it, and it solved the 2D Laplace
equation for voltage drop vs position pretty well. I went looking for
some a few years ago--it had been picked up by a British outfit,
allegedly, but they didn't seem to have any for sale any more.

Cheers,

Phil Hobbs
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.design

RST Engineering (jw) wrote:

An eraser shield is a small piece of stainless steel, about the size of a
credit card and very (0.010" or so) thin. It has various size cutouts in
the steel, some circles, some radiuses, some straight lines, some !
teardrops, etc.. You put the shield over the part you want to erase a tiny
portion of and erase like hell without worry about erasing too much.

Thanks for explaining. Didn't know that. But I could imagine that the
sharp edges will increase the amount of eraser turds that go all over
the place, where my wife says "look at the mess you made now".

I've still got a working electric eraser (both plug-in and cordless) if
anybody needs one. Otherwise they go to the engineering museum when I kick
off.

I've never gone that high-tech :-)

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.design

wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:

[...]

---
LOL, on the contrary, if you don't know what an eraser shield is you
must be a genius working with India ink from the start.

Long before CAD came on the scene, these were my two best friends:

The logic template was the bugger and the eraser shield was the
debugger.

--
JF
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.design

wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:

[...]

At the university we were forced to use ink pens. The tricky ones from
Rotring or Staedtler that would only work if held at exactly 90 degrees
to the vellum, would leak a lot and dry up in no time. Plus ruin the
occasional shirt. Same during the internships that were mandatory. So
yeah, I kind of got used to that.

Long before CAD came on the scene, these were my two best friends:

The logic template was the bugger and the eraser shield was the
debugger.

For some reason those links don't work for me. When I click on these
nothing happens :-(

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.design

Phil Hobbs wrote:

Joerg wrote:

John Larkin wrote:

I sketch on grid paper, photograph, and email. One of my customers
jokingly asked me what CAD package I use, and I answered "Sharpie."

Didn't Bob Widlar call that his "Mexican Computer"?

Nah, that was Teledeltos paper. It was electrically conductive, with a
sheet resistance of something like 10k ohms per square. You cut it with
an X-Acto knife, put a voltage across it, and it solved the 2D Laplace
equation for voltage drop vs position pretty well. I went looking for
some a few years ago--it had been picked up by a British outfit,
allegedly, but they didn't seem to have any for sale any more.

Ah yes, thanks, that was the Mexican computer. I wonder if some of the
carbon copy sheets would be good enough for such jobs.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.design

wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:

[...]

I was just kidding, and I wasn't referring to formal drafting. The
premise was that if you can do logic design with an ink pen (ergo,
no easy erasure available) then you must be able to get it right the
first time out, ergo you must be a genius.
---

Long before CAD came on the scene, these were my two best friends:

The logic template was the bugger and the eraser shield was the
debugger.

For some reason those links don't work for me. When I click on these
nothing happens :-(

---
Oh, well...

I posted it here (abse) as "Eraser shield and friend."

--
JF
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.design

wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:

[...]

Whenever I was working up that uppity genius feeling gravity struck.
There have been times where I had to use a razor blade more than once in
the same spot. The first instance could be somewhat muffled by rubbing a
fingernail over it but the 2nd razor application definitely showed. By
the 3rd there was a hole...

The ME guys had some kind of "cheat vellum" where you could peel off a
layer and it almost looked as if nothing ever happened. Very expensive
though but it did prevent the ink from frazzling out too much. Somehow
many of them had more money than us EEs.

Long before CAD came on the scene, these were my two best friends:

om

The logic template was the bugger and the eraser shield was the
debugger.

For some reason those links don't work for me. When I click on these
nothing happens :-(

---
Oh, well...

I posted it here (abse) as "Eraser shield and friend."

abse seems to roll off the servers at a fast clip.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.design

wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:

[...]

The file's nearly a couple of megabytes long, so maybe your ISP has
some rules which are keeping you from getting it.

If you like, send me your email addy and I'll email it to you.

--
JF
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.design

Joerg wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:

Anyone know of a cheap (or free) Timing Diagram tool?

I need to communicate with my digital counterparts on an IC design ;-)

Arie's hint is great. But it'll be lots of typing. If it isn't for doc
purposes but just for mutual understanding there is an easier way. This
Saturday me and my layouter (with him being in Vermont) just could not
get onto the same page with a weird kind of laser diode mounting
(z-bend, then rotate a bit and lay flat over some discretes).

So I sketched it up, scanned that in and zipped it over. Tada! Problem
solved, layout is now done. But the fab people haven't come back with a
quote for hours now. Hope that doesn't spell trouble.

There's a lot to be said for sketching things freehand. Particularly if
one is a visual/spatial thinker, it helps with the conceptualization
process.

Some years ago, I was responsible for maintaining a rather complex
engineering document management an configuration control system (built
in house). All of the diagrams in my documentation were done by hand on
quad ruled paper. From time to time, management required that an
'official' version be done by the CAD group, but I came to find out that
the IT folks had taken to distributing copies of my drawings to the
various support groups and shelving the CAD versions.

One (new) manager had requested that the CAD group produce an overview
data flow diagram by combining all the individual diagram pages into a
single sheet. It was about 36x48 inches with small (10pt) font labels
and symbols. The story was that as soon as he saw the system he was to
take responsibility for on one page, he quit.

My drawings were 8.5 x 11 sheets with each sheet being the data flow or
E-R for a single event (weekly backup, new version checkout, etc.)
making the system a lot easier to comprehend.

--
Paul Hovnanian
Smoking is one of the leading causes of statistics.
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.design

wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:

[...]

Tried Google as well, it seems to be gone from their servers as well. My
email is jsc AT analogconsultants DOT com.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.design

On Mon, 07 May 2007 18:10:03 -0500, the renowned John Fields
wrote:

Long before CAD came on the scene, these were my two best friends:

The logic template was the bugger and the eraser shield was the
debugger.

I posted it here (abse) as "Eraser shield and friend."

What's that round thing in the top slot, a drop of solder flux?

Here's a photo of the kind of thing:
http://www.danielsmith.com/products~...24+090+010.asp

It's also an inexpensive source of small bits of SS shim stock. ;-)

Hmmm. speaking of solder, Digikey seems to have jacked up their prices
of 63/37 Kester '44' to *double* that of Mouser ($28/lb rather than
$14/lb). Seems a bit much.

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.design

"Joerg" ...
Arie de Muynck wrote:
See the XWAVE font from Joseph Palmer:
http://www.josephpalmer.com/history/2004_history.shtml (search for XWAVE)
http://www.josephpalmer.com/etc-local/misc/xwave.zip

Thanks, Arie. Just tried it in MS-Word. Works nicely. Just in case someone
wonders: It doesn't show up as XWave but just two brackets in the font
list, way at the end.

Normally that can be cured using
On the Tools menu, click Customize.
Click the Options tab.
Select or clear the "List font names in their font" check box.

Also, when an administrator installs the font while a user is logged in, the
user cannot use it (Office does not show it) until the user logs out and in
again.

Regards,
Arie de Muijck

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.design

On Tue, 08 May 2007 00:11:30 GMT, Joerg
wrote:

John Fields wrote:

The file's nearly a couple of megabytes long, so maybe your ISP has
some rules which are keeping you from getting it.

If you like, send me your email addy and I'll email it to you.

Tried Google as well, it seems to be gone from their servers as well. My
email is jsc AT analogconsultants DOT com.

---
Done. :-)

Google doesn't archive binaries, so it'll never show up there.

--
JF
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.design

wrote:

Long before CAD came on the scene, these were my two best friends:

The logic template was the bugger and the eraser shield was the
debugger.

I posted it here (abse) as "Eraser shield and friend."

What's that round thing in the top slot, a drop of solder flux?

---
Nope, a reflection from a glass of Chardonnay in the background. :-)
---

Here's a photo of the kind of thing:
http://www.danielsmith.com/products~...24+090+010.asp

It's also an inexpensive source of small bits of SS shim stock. ;-)

Hmmm. speaking of solder, Digikey seems to have jacked up their prices
of 63/37 Kester '44' to *double* that of Mouser ($28/lb rather than
$14/lb). Seems a bit much.

---
Damn! "Insane" is more like it. Maybe they're buying it from Mouser

--
JF
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.design

That is SOOOOOOOOOOOoooooo nice an image.

"John Fields" wrote in message
I can suck my owned ass.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.design

On 2007-05-07, Spehro Pefhany wrote:

Now. A dumb question... do I just copy this to the \Windows\Fonts
directory, or is some other step required?

My Computer - Control Panel- Fonts and drag & drop the ttf file in,
it should install.

yeah, if you don't see fonts in control panel type it in the control-panel
address bar.

Bye.
Jasen
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.design

On 2007-05-08, Spehro Pefhany wrote:

It's also an inexpensive source of small bits of SS shim stock. ;-)

3.5" floppy disks are too

Bye.
Jasen
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.design

John Fields wrote:
On Mon, 07 May 2007 22:33:44 -0500, Spehro Pefhany

Hmmm. speaking of solder, Digikey seems to have jacked up their prices
of 63/37 Kester '44' to *double* that of Mouser ($28/lb rather than
$14/lb). Seems a bit much.

---
Damn! "Insane" is more like it. Maybe they're buying it from Mouser

Probably an RoHS thing. As I recall, if they allow *any* lead into their
building, everything they sell is suspect for having lead contamination.

RoHS manufacturers have to be very careful to not allow lead in their
doors.

-Chuck
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.design

wrote:

Tried Google as well, it seems to be gone from their servers as well. My
email is jsc AT analogconsultants DOT com.

Google doesn't carry ANY of the binary groups.
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.design

On Tue, 08 May 2007 07:42:19 -0400, Chuck Harris
wrote:

RoHS manufacturers have to be very careful to not allow lead in their
doors.

Absurd.

Many mil contractors are exempt and have both technologies in house at
any given time, and nobody is so retarded as to say that one contaminates
the other.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.design

On Mon, 07 May 2007 16:49:36 -0700, "Paul Hovnanian P.E."
wrote:

There's a lot to be said for sketching things freehand. Particularly if
one is a visual/spatial thinker, it helps with the conceptualization
process.

How would a pirate know?
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.design

On 8 May 2007 10:52:15 GMT, the renowned jasen

On 2007-05-08, Spehro Pefhany wrote:

It's also an inexpensive source of small bits of SS shim stock. ;-)

3.5" floppy disks are too

Bye.
Jasen

Eraser shield: 0.0038" SS (0.1mm?)
3.5" floppy window: 0.014" plastic or 0.0073" SS

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.design

Jim Thompson wrote:

Anyone know of a cheap (or free) Timing Diagram tool?

I need to communicate with my digital counterparts on an IC design ;-)

...Jim Thompson

There is a package for Linux.
"This software package provides a command line tool for documenting hardware
and software designs through timing diagrams. It reads signal descriptions
from a text file with an intuitive syntax, and outputs a timing diagram to
an image file. Notation typical of timing diagrams found in the Electrical
Engineering discipline is used, including arrows indicating causal
relationships between signal transitions."

It is a mainstream Linux package and should be easy to obtain. (It is part
of the Debian distribution). SourceForge should certainly have it.

Mark Walter
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On Tue, 08 May 2007 20:55:35 -0400, Mark wrote:
Jim Thompson wrote:

Anyone know of a cheap (or free) Timing Diagram tool?

I need to communicate with my digital counterparts on an IC design ;-)

There is a package for Linux.
"This software package provides a command line tool for documenting hardware
and software designs through timing diagrams. It reads signal descriptions
from a text file with an intuitive syntax, and outputs a timing diagram to
an image file. Notation typical of timing diagrams found in the Electrical
Engineering discipline is used, including arrows indicating causal
relationships between signal transitions."

It is a mainstream Linux package and should be easy to obtain. (It is part
of the Debian distribution). SourceForge should certainly have it.

What's it called?

Thanks,
Rich

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Jim Thompson wrote:

Anyone know of a cheap (or free) Timing Diagram tool?

I need to communicate with my digital counterparts on an IC design ;-)

There is a package for Linux.
"This software package provides a command line tool for documenting hardware
and software designs through timing diagrams. It reads signal descriptions
from a text file with an intuitive syntax, and outputs a timing diagram to
an image file. Notation typical of timing diagrams found in the Electrical
Engineering discipline is used, including arrows indicating causal
relationships between signal transitions."

It is a mainstream Linux package and should be easy to obtain. (It is part
of the Debian distribution). SourceForge should certainly have it.

What's it called?

Hi,
Pasting the above text, including the quote marks, into Google returns

http://drawtiming.sourceforge.net/

at number four.

--
Regards