Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.design
Joerg Joerg is offline

Default Timing Diagram Tool?

John Fields wrote:
On Mon, 07 May 2007 21:06:43 GMT, Joerg
wrote:

Spehro Pefhany wrote:

On Mon, 07 May 2007 13:12:56 -0700, the renowned John Larkin
wrote:

On Mon, 07 May 2007 12:44:17 -0700, Joerg
wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:

Anyone know of a cheap (or free) Timing Diagram tool?

I need to communicate with my digital counterparts on an IC design ;-)

Arie's hint is great. But it'll be lots of typing. If it isn't for doc
purposes but just for mutual understanding there is an easier way. This
Saturday me and my layouter (with him being in Vermont) just could not
get onto the same page with a weird kind of laser diode mounting
(z-bend, then rotate a bit and lay flat over some discretes).

So I sketched it up, scanned that in and zipped it over. Tada! Problem
solved, layout is now done. But the fab people haven't come back with a
quote for hours now. Hope that doesn't spell trouble.

I sketch on grid paper, photograph, and email. One of my customers
jokingly asked me what CAD package I use, and I answered "Sharpie."

John

Nothing works like quadrille paper, pencil, eraser, ruler and eraser
shield until you get the concept settled. Then, and only then, is CAD
productive, IMHO.

Agree. Except that I don't know what an eraser shield is. Do I have to
feel dprived now?

---
LOL, on the contrary, if you don't know what an eraser shield is you
must be a genius working with India ink from the start.

At the university we were forced to use ink pens. The tricky ones from
Rotring or Staedtler that would only work if held at exactly 90 degrees
to the vellum, would leak a lot and dry up in no time. Plus ruin the
occasional shirt. Same during the internships that were mandatory. So
yeah, I kind of got used to that.

Long before CAD came on the scene, these were my two best friends:

The logic template was the bugger and the eraser shield was the
debugger.

For some reason those links don't work for me. When I click on these
nothing happens :-(

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com