Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Default pulse - T250_pulse.jpg

A 65-volt pulse into a 50 ohm load.

John

Attached Thumbnails
pulse - T250_pulse.jpg-t250_pulse-jpg
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
Bob Bob is offline

"John Larkin" wrote in message
A 65-volt pulse into a 50 ohm load.

John

That is the nicest looking semi-high voltage pulse I've seen all day.

Bob

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Default pulse - T250_pulse.jpg - T250_pulse-wide.jpg

On Sun, 29 Apr 2007 16:35:33 -0700, "Bob"
wrote:

"John Larkin" wrote in message
.. .
A 65-volt pulse into a 50 ohm load.

John

That is the nicest looking semi-high voltage pulse I've seen all day.

Bob

Here's the same pulse on a slower timebase. You can see the start of
the srd drive that is pumping the charge out of the diodes. It takes
about 5 ns to pump out the stored charge, and the trick is to get the
current high enough, roughly 2 amps, before the diodes run out of
charge and snap. In extreme situations, about the only way to drive an
srd hard and fast enough is an avalanche transistor, or another,
slower srd. We used a gaasfet here.

John

Attached Thumbnails
pulse - T250_pulse.jpg-t250_pulse-wide-jpg
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
Bob Bob is offline

"John Larkin" wrote in message
On Sun, 29 Apr 2007 16:35:33 -0700, "Bob"
wrote:

"John Larkin" wrote in
message
. ..
A 65-volt pulse into a 50 ohm load.

John

That is the nicest looking semi-high voltage pulse I've seen all day.

Bob

Here's the same pulse on a slower timebase. You can see the start of
the srd drive that is pumping the charge out of the diodes. It takes
about 5 ns to pump out the stored charge, and the trick is to get the
current high enough, roughly 2 amps, before the diodes run out of
charge and snap. In extreme situations, about the only way to drive an
srd hard and fast enough is an avalanche transistor, or another,
slower srd. We used a gaasfet here.

John

Would you PLEASE stop generating those pulses? Everytime you do my toilets
flush.

Bob

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Bob wrote:

"John Larkin" wrote in message
On Sun, 29 Apr 2007 16:35:33 -0700, "Bob"
wrote:

"John Larkin" wrote in
message
. ..
A 65-volt pulse into a 50 ohm load.

John

That is the nicest looking semi-high voltage pulse I've seen all day.

Bob

Here's the same pulse on a slower timebase. You can see the start of
the srd drive that is pumping the charge out of the diodes. It takes
about 5 ns to pump out the stored charge, and the trick is to get the
current high enough, roughly 2 amps, before the diodes run out of
charge and snap. In extreme situations, about the only way to drive an
srd hard and fast enough is an avalanche transistor, or another,
slower srd. We used a gaasfet here.

John

Would you PLEASE stop generating those pulses? Everytime you do my toilets
flush.

You should thank him.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

"Bob" wrote in message
Would you PLEASE stop generating those pulses? Everytime you do my toilets
flush.

Really? I better get one of those things... our toilet can't flush crap!

Tim

--
"Librarians are hiding something." - Steven Colbert

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Tim Williams wrote:

"Bob" wrote in message

Would you PLEASE stop generating those pulses? Everytime you do my toilets
flush.

Really? I better get one of those things... our toilet can't flush crap!

I installed a Yorkville Pressure-Assist. Had no choice, only one that
fit. Boy does that flush. A wee downside: Every flush sounds like an
exploding fire hydrant.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

"Joerg" wrote in message
t...

I installed a Yorkville Pressure-Assist. Had no choice, only one that fit.
Boy does that flush. A wee downside: Every flush sounds like an exploding
fire hydrant.

Or the results of a Texas chili contest?

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

"Homer J Simpson" wrote in message
I installed a Yorkville Pressure-Assist. Had no choice, only one that

fit.
Boy does that flush. A wee downside: Every flush sounds like an

exploding fire hydrant.

Or the results of a Texas chili contest?

LOL! I suspect those two events are complementary; only one or the other is
needed!

Tim

--
"Librarians are hiding something." - Steven Colbert

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On Tue, 01 May 2007 16:28:41 -0700, Joerg
wrote:

Tim Williams wrote:

"Bob" wrote in message

Would you PLEASE stop generating those pulses? Everytime you do my toilets
flush.

Really? I better get one of those things... our toilet can't flush crap!

I installed a Yorkville Pressure-Assist. Had no choice, only one that
fit. Boy does that flush. A wee downside: Every flush sounds like an
exploding fire hydrant.

We had one of those power-explosion things. When it broke, after
almost 10 years (lots of flushes!) we had to replace the whole thing,
because the parts are unavailable and it's unfixable.

John

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

wrote:

Tim Williams wrote:

"Bob" wrote in message
news:QMadnQcvmM7VAavbnZ2dnUVZ_hisnZ2d@giganews. com...

Would you PLEASE stop generating those pulses? Everytime you do my toilets
flush.

Really? I better get one of those things... our toilet can't flush crap!

I installed a Yorkville Pressure-Assist. Had no choice, only one that
fit. Boy does that flush. A wee downside: Every flush sounds like an
exploding fire hydrant.

We had one of those power-explosion things. When it broke, after
almost 10 years (lots of flushes!) we had to replace the whole thing,
because the parts are unavailable and it's unfixable.

That's one of the downsides. When it breaks after such a long time you
will probably at least have to replace the whole tank. I wouldn't have
bought it but we really had no choice here. It's back-discharge plumbing
for a wall-mounted toilet and I definitely don't like a commode hanging
on fours screws tied into a wimpy wood-frame wall. There are things
engineers just don't do...

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Joerg wrote:

That's one of the downsides. When it breaks after such a long time you
will probably at least have to replace the whole tank. I wouldn't have
bought it but we really had no choice here. It's back-discharge plumbing
for a wall-mounted toilet and I definitely don't like a commode hanging
on fours screws tied into a wimpy wood-frame wall. There are things
engineers just don't do...

That's why we have plumbers. ;-)

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

Joerg wrote:

That's one of the downsides. When it breaks after such a long time you
will probably at least have to replace the whole tank. I wouldn't have
bought it but we really had no choice here. It's back-discharge plumbing
for a wall-mounted toilet and I definitely don't like a commode hanging
on fours screws tied into a wimpy wood-frame wall. There are things
engineers just don't do...

That's why we have plumbers. ;-)

Well, I could have done it but the crawl space down there is so cramped
that this could only be done by a contortionist. Re-connecting the vent
would have been a whole 'nother challenge.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
Bob Bob is offline

"Joerg" wrote in message
t...
Michael A. Terrell wrote:

Joerg wrote:

That's one of the downsides. When it breaks after such a long time you
will probably at least have to replace the whole tank. I wouldn't have
bought it but we really had no choice here. It's back-discharge plumbing
for a wall-mounted toilet and I definitely don't like a commode hanging
on fours screws tied into a wimpy wood-frame wall. There are things
engineers just don't do...

That's why we have plumbers. ;-)

Well, I could have done it but the crawl space down there is so cramped
that this could only be done by a contortionist. Re-connecting the vent
would have been a whole 'nother challenge.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com

Will you guys please get back on topic! We were talking about high energy
pulses and their propensity for flushing toilets -- not plumbing
contortionists.

TIA

Bob

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

"Bob" wrote in message
Will you guys please get back on topic! We were talking about high energy
pulses and their propensity for flushing toilets -- not plumbing
contortionists.

What about female contortionist plumbers? Would that be on topic?

Tim

--
"Librarians are hiding something." - Steven Colbert

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
Bob Bob is offline

"Tim Williams" wrote in message
"Bob" wrote in message
Will you guys please get back on topic! We were talking about high energy
pulses and their propensity for flushing toilets -- not plumbing
contortionists.

What about female contortionist plumbers? Would that be on topic?

Tim

--
"Librarians are hiding something." - Steven Colbert

Yeah, baby, yeah!

Bob

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On Wed, 02 May 2007 21:10:56 -0500, Tim Williams wrote:
"Bob" wrote in message
Will you guys please get back on topic! We were talking about high energy
pulses and their propensity for flushing toilets -- not plumbing
contortionists.

What about female contortionist plumbers? Would that be on topic?

Only if you post pictures of female controtionist plumber buttcracks.

Cheers!
Rich

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On Wed, 2 May 2007 21:10:56 -0500, "Tim Williams"
wrote:

"Bob" wrote in message
m...
Will you guys please get back on topic! We were talking about high energy
pulses and their propensity for flushing toilets -- not plumbing
contortionists.

What about female contortionist plumbers? Would that be on topic?

Tim

Post some pics and we'll decide.

John

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
Bob Bob is offline

"John Larkin" wrote in message
On Wed, 2 May 2007 21:10:56 -0500, "Tim Williams"
wrote:

"Bob" wrote in message
om...
Will you guys please get back on topic! We were talking about high
energy
pulses and their propensity for flushing toilets -- not plumbing
contortionists.

What about female contortionist plumbers? Would that be on topic?

Tim

Post some pics and we'll decide.

John

Here's the last plumber I hired figuring my bill. She did an excellent job
working on my pipes.

Bob

Attached Thumbnails
pulse - T250_pulse.jpg-rotorooter-jpg

TIG with Pulse feature [email protected] Metalworking 7 August 2nd 07 07:50 AM
What is the definition for ESD Pulse Withstand? [email protected] Electronics 3 August 3rd 06 05:36 PM
F/S- F/T Airco Pulse Arc 350 Gunner Metalworking 16 March 7th 05 01:05 AM
URL for Pulse? kl1k Electronics Repair 2 January 6th 05 04:02 PM
Pulse oxymeter probe ilClod Electronics Repair 4 November 22nd 04 10:00 PM