DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   Electronic Schematics (https://www.diybanter.com/electronic-schematics/)
-   -   pulse - T250_pulse.jpg (https://www.diybanter.com/electronic-schematics/209560-pulse-t250_pulse-jpg.html)

John Larkin April 30th 07 12:12 AM

pulse - T250_pulse.jpg

1 Attachment(s)
A 65-volt pulse into a 50 ohm load.

John

Bob April 30th 07 12:35 AM

pulse - T250_pulse.jpg

"John Larkin" wrote in message
A 65-volt pulse into a 50 ohm load.

John

That is the nicest looking semi-high voltage pulse I've seen all day.

Bob

John Larkin April 30th 07 05:57 PM

pulse - T250_pulse.jpg - T250_pulse-wide.jpg

1 Attachment(s)
On Sun, 29 Apr 2007 16:35:33 -0700, "Bob"
wrote:

"John Larkin" wrote in message
.. .
A 65-volt pulse into a 50 ohm load.

John

That is the nicest looking semi-high voltage pulse I've seen all day.

Bob

Here's the same pulse on a slower timebase. You can see the start of
the srd drive that is pumping the charge out of the diodes. It takes
about 5 ns to pump out the stored charge, and the trick is to get the
current high enough, roughly 2 amps, before the diodes run out of
charge and snap. In extreme situations, about the only way to drive an
srd hard and fast enough is an avalanche transistor, or another,
slower srd. We used a gaasfet here.

John

Bob May 1st 07 02:47 AM

pulse - T250_pulse.jpg - T250_pulse-wide.jpg

"John Larkin" wrote in message
On Sun, 29 Apr 2007 16:35:33 -0700, "Bob"
wrote:

"John Larkin" wrote in
message
. ..
A 65-volt pulse into a 50 ohm load.

John

That is the nicest looking semi-high voltage pulse I've seen all day.

Bob

Here's the same pulse on a slower timebase. You can see the start of
the srd drive that is pumping the charge out of the diodes. It takes
about 5 ns to pump out the stored charge, and the trick is to get the
current high enough, roughly 2 amps, before the diodes run out of
charge and snap. In extreme situations, about the only way to drive an
srd hard and fast enough is an avalanche transistor, or another,
slower srd. We used a gaasfet here.

John

Would you PLEASE stop generating those pulses? Everytime you do my toilets
flush.

Bob

Michael A. Terrell May 1st 07 03:27 AM

Bob wrote:

"John Larkin" wrote in message
On Sun, 29 Apr 2007 16:35:33 -0700, "Bob"
wrote:

"John Larkin" wrote in
message
. ..
A 65-volt pulse into a 50 ohm load.

John

That is the nicest looking semi-high voltage pulse I've seen all day.

Bob

Here's the same pulse on a slower timebase. You can see the start of
the srd drive that is pumping the charge out of the diodes. It takes
about 5 ns to pump out the stored charge, and the trick is to get the
current high enough, roughly 2 amps, before the diodes run out of
charge and snap. In extreme situations, about the only way to drive an
srd hard and fast enough is an avalanche transistor, or another,
slower srd. We used a gaasfet here.

John

Would you PLEASE stop generating those pulses? Everytime you do my toilets
flush.

You should thank him.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida

Tim Williams May 1st 07 09:14 PM

"Bob" wrote in message
Would you PLEASE stop generating those pulses? Everytime you do my toilets
flush.

Really? I better get one of those things... our toilet can't flush crap!

Tim

--
"Librarians are hiding something." - Steven Colbert

Joerg May 2nd 07 12:28 AM

Tim Williams wrote:

"Bob" wrote in message

Would you PLEASE stop generating those pulses? Everytime you do my toilets
flush.

Really? I better get one of those things... our toilet can't flush crap!

I installed a Yorkville Pressure-Assist. Had no choice, only one that
fit. Boy does that flush. A wee downside: Every flush sounds like an
exploding fire hydrant.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com

Homer J Simpson May 2nd 07 03:26 AM

pulse - T250_pulse.jpg - T250_pulse-wide.jpg

"Joerg" wrote in message
t...

I installed a Yorkville Pressure-Assist. Had no choice, only one that fit.
Boy does that flush. A wee downside: Every flush sounds like an exploding
fire hydrant.

Or the results of a Texas chili contest?

Tim Williams May 2nd 07 04:11 AM

"Homer J Simpson" wrote in message
I installed a Yorkville Pressure-Assist. Had no choice, only one that

fit.
Boy does that flush. A wee downside: Every flush sounds like an

exploding fire hydrant.

Or the results of a Texas chili contest?

LOL! I suspect those two events are complementary; only one or the other is
needed!

Tim

--
"Librarians are hiding something." - Steven Colbert

John Larkin May 2nd 07 04:30 AM

pulse - T250_pulse.jpg - T250_pulse-wide.jpg

On Tue, 01 May 2007 16:28:41 -0700, Joerg
wrote:

Tim Williams wrote:

"Bob" wrote in message

Would you PLEASE stop generating those pulses? Everytime you do my toilets
flush.

Really? I better get one of those things... our toilet can't flush crap!

I installed a Yorkville Pressure-Assist. Had no choice, only one that
fit. Boy does that flush. A wee downside: Every flush sounds like an
exploding fire hydrant.

We had one of those power-explosion things. When it broke, after
almost 10 years (lots of flushes!) we had to replace the whole thing,
because the parts are unavailable and it's unfixable.

John

Joerg May 2nd 07 04:45 PM

wrote:

Tim Williams wrote:

"Bob" wrote in message
news:QMadnQcvmM7VAavbnZ2dnUVZ_hisnZ2d@giganews. com...

Would you PLEASE stop generating those pulses? Everytime you do my toilets
flush.

Really? I better get one of those things... our toilet can't flush crap!

I installed a Yorkville Pressure-Assist. Had no choice, only one that
fit. Boy does that flush. A wee downside: Every flush sounds like an
exploding fire hydrant.

We had one of those power-explosion things. When it broke, after
almost 10 years (lots of flushes!) we had to replace the whole thing,
because the parts are unavailable and it's unfixable.

That's one of the downsides. When it breaks after such a long time you
will probably at least have to replace the whole tank. I wouldn't have
bought it but we really had no choice here. It's back-discharge plumbing
for a wall-mounted toilet and I definitely don't like a commode hanging
on fours screws tied into a wimpy wood-frame wall. There are things
engineers just don't do...

Michael A. Terrell May 2nd 07 05:20 PM

Joerg wrote:

That's one of the downsides. When it breaks after such a long time you
will probably at least have to replace the whole tank. I wouldn't have
bought it but we really had no choice here. It's back-discharge plumbing
for a wall-mounted toilet and I definitely don't like a commode hanging
on fours screws tied into a wimpy wood-frame wall. There are things
engineers just don't do...

That's why we have plumbers. ;-)

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida

Joerg May 2nd 07 05:54 PM

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

Joerg wrote:

That's one of the downsides. When it breaks after such a long time you
will probably at least have to replace the whole tank. I wouldn't have
bought it but we really had no choice here. It's back-discharge plumbing
for a wall-mounted toilet and I definitely don't like a commode hanging
on fours screws tied into a wimpy wood-frame wall. There are things
engineers just don't do...

That's why we have plumbers. ;-)

Well, I could have done it but the crawl space down there is so cramped
that this could only be done by a contortionist. Re-connecting the vent
would have been a whole 'nother challenge.

Bob May 3rd 07 02:59 AM

pulse - T250_pulse.jpg - T250_pulse-wide.jpg

"Joerg" wrote in message
t...
Michael A. Terrell wrote:

Joerg wrote:

That's one of the downsides. When it breaks after such a long time you
will probably at least have to replace the whole tank. I wouldn't have
bought it but we really had no choice here. It's back-discharge plumbing
for a wall-mounted toilet and I definitely don't like a commode hanging
on fours screws tied into a wimpy wood-frame wall. There are things
engineers just don't do...

That's why we have plumbers. ;-)

Well, I could have done it but the crawl space down there is so cramped
that this could only be done by a contortionist. Re-connecting the vent
would have been a whole 'nother challenge.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com

Will you guys please get back on topic! We were talking about high energy
pulses and their propensity for flushing toilets -- not plumbing
contortionists.

TIA

Bob

Tim Williams May 3rd 07 03:10 AM

"Bob" wrote in message
Will you guys please get back on topic! We were talking about high energy
pulses and their propensity for flushing toilets -- not plumbing
contortionists.

What about female contortionist plumbers? Would that be on topic?

Tim

--
"Librarians are hiding something." - Steven Colbert

Bob May 3rd 07 04:07 AM

"Tim Williams" wrote in message
"Bob" wrote in message
Will you guys please get back on topic! We were talking about high energy
pulses and their propensity for flushing toilets -- not plumbing
contortionists.

What about female contortionist plumbers? Would that be on topic?

Tim

--
"Librarians are hiding something." - Steven Colbert

Yeah, baby, yeah!

Bob

Rich, but drunk May 3rd 07 11:50 PM

On Wed, 02 May 2007 21:10:56 -0500, Tim Williams wrote:
"Bob" wrote in message
Will you guys please get back on topic! We were talking about high energy
pulses and their propensity for flushing toilets -- not plumbing
contortionists.

What about female contortionist plumbers? Would that be on topic?

Only if you post pictures of female controtionist plumber buttcracks.

Cheers!
Rich

John Larkin May 4th 07 12:21 AM

pulse - T250_pulse.jpg - T250_pulse-wide.jpg

On Wed, 2 May 2007 21:10:56 -0500, "Tim Williams"
wrote:

"Bob" wrote in message
m...
Will you guys please get back on topic! We were talking about high energy
pulses and their propensity for flushing toilets -- not plumbing
contortionists.

What about female contortionist plumbers? Would that be on topic?

Tim

Post some pics and we'll decide.

John

Bob May 4th 07 04:00 AM

pulse - T250_pulse.jpg - T250_pulse-wide.jpg

1 Attachment(s)

"John Larkin" wrote in message
On Wed, 2 May 2007 21:10:56 -0500, "Tim Williams"
wrote:

"Bob" wrote in message
om...
Will you guys please get back on topic! We were talking about high
energy
pulses and their propensity for flushing toilets -- not plumbing
contortionists.

What about female contortionist plumbers? Would that be on topic?

Tim

Post some pics and we'll decide.

John

Here's the last plumber I hired figuring my bill. She did an excellent job
working on my pipes.

Bob