Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
Bob Bob is offline

Default pulse - T250_pulse.jpg - T250_pulse-wide.jpg

"John Larkin" wrote in message
On Sun, 29 Apr 2007 16:35:33 -0700, "Bob"
wrote:

"John Larkin" wrote in
message
. ..
A 65-volt pulse into a 50 ohm load.

John

That is the nicest looking semi-high voltage pulse I've seen all day.

Bob

Here's the same pulse on a slower timebase. You can see the start of
the srd drive that is pumping the charge out of the diodes. It takes
about 5 ns to pump out the stored charge, and the trick is to get the
current high enough, roughly 2 amps, before the diodes run out of
charge and snap. In extreme situations, about the only way to drive an
srd hard and fast enough is an avalanche transistor, or another,
slower srd. We used a gaasfet here.

John

Would you PLEASE stop generating those pulses? Everytime you do my toilets
flush.

Bob