Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Rust removal / next generation taser

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8q3DZB_l6M

li-ion battery for the hand held version?
Would make a hella defensive weapon!

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 09/07/2016 8:02 AM, Spalted Walt wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8q3DZB_l6M

li-ion battery for the hand held version?
Would make a hella defensive weapon!

I like that.

I am surprised that our nanny state permits its sale with out thousands
of guards, and other safety devices.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wed, 07 Sep 2016 12:02:14 +0000
Spalted Walt wrote:

does a nice job

wonder if it can strip paint from wood without destroying the wood
if it left some marks that would be ok and even some slight burns
would be alright

li-ion battery for the hand held version?

it needs one thousand watts

Would make a hella defensive weapon!

in use already as an offensive weapon

maybe very offensive weapon is the better description

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 9/7/2016 12:27 PM, Keith Nuttle wrote:
On 09/07/2016 8:02 AM, Spalted Walt wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8q3DZB_l6M

li-ion battery for the hand held version?
Would make a hella defensive weapon!

I like that.

I am surprised that our nanny state permits its sale with out thousands
of guards, and other safety devices.

In due time after one person uses it for the wrong reason.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wednesday, September 7, 2016 at 8:02:23 AM UTC-4, Spalted Walt wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8q3DZB_l6M

li-ion battery for the hand held version?
Would make a hella defensive weapon!

At the beginning of this video you'll see the "base unit".

Ain't gonna work with a battery. ;-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZ_90920Zbg

Posted to rec.woodworking

DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Wednesday, September 7, 2016 at 8:02:23 AM UTC-4, Spalted Walt wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8q3DZB_l6M

li-ion battery for the hand held version?
Would make a hella defensive weapon!

At the beginning of this video you'll see the "base unit".

Ain't gonna work with a battery. ;-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZ_90920Zbg

If it is evaporating the paint It seems that some sort of respirator
would be useful.

--
GW Ross

If a program is useless, it must be
documented.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thursday, September 8, 2016 at 11:35:49 AM UTC-4, G. Ross wrote:
DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Wednesday, September 7, 2016 at 8:02:23 AM UTC-4, Spalted Walt wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8q3DZB_l6M

li-ion battery for the hand held version?
Would make a hella defensive weapon!

At the beginning of this video you'll see the "base unit".

Ain't gonna work with a battery. ;-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZ_90920Zbg

If it is evaporating the paint It seems that some sort of respirator
would be useful.

Uh oh...here come the regulations! ;-)

I did notice that in the OP's youtube link there was a vacuum hose near the
pipe in the 2nd sequence but there was still a lot of smoke. Rust laden
smoke or paint fumes...ain't neither one of them good for you.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2016-09-08, G. Ross wrote:

If it is evaporating the paint It seems that some sort of respirator
would be useful.

Does it work on wood? Instead of a pressure washer to scrape paint
from bldgs?

nb
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2016-09-08, G. Ross wrote:

If it is evaporating the paint It seems that some sort of respirator
would be useful.

Does it work on wood? Instead of a pressure washer to scrape paint
from bldgs?

nb

If you want a black building. Or should I say "charcoal grey".

--
GW Ross

Of course I'm sane. The voices said so.

Posted to rec.woodworking

In article , gwr95
@comwest.net says...

On 2016-09-08, G. Ross wrote:

If it is evaporating the paint It seems that some sort of respirator
would be useful.

Does it work on wood? Instead of a pressure washer to scrape paint
from bldgs?

nb

If you want a black building. Or should I say "charcoal grey".

Apparently it does work on "delicate" materials--I found some references
to using it for art restoration. I don't think that the Catholics want
their cross to turn black.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2016-09-08, J. Clarke wrote:
In article , gwr95
@comwest.net says...

On 2016-09-08, G. Ross wrote:

If it is evaporating the paint It seems that some sort of respirator
would be useful.

Does it work on wood? Instead of a pressure washer to scrape paint
from bldgs?

nb

If you want a black building. Or should I say "charcoal grey".

Apparently it does work on "delicate" materials--I found some references
to using it for art restoration. I don't think that the Catholics want
their cross to turn black.

Gonna paint it! Does "charcoal grey" wood require a primer?

nb
Posted to rec.woodworking

A battery version would be great for a welder or general metal worker.

Martin

On 9/7/2016 7:02 AM, Spalted Walt wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8q3DZB_l6M

li-ion battery for the hand held version?
Would make a hella defensive weapon!

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thursday, September 8, 2016 at 10:36:24 PM UTC-4, Martin Eastburn wrote:
A battery version would be great for a welder or general metal worker.

Martin

On 9/7/2016 7:02 AM, Spalted Walt wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8q3DZB_l6M

li-ion battery for the hand held version?
Would make a hella defensive weapon!

Check out the video link I posted earlier. There's a huge base unit that is attached
to the device that you see being used by the operator. I'm guessing we're years away
from anything that can be considered portable.
Posted to rec.woodworking

DerbyDad03 wrote:

On Thursday, September 8, 2016 at 10:36:24 PM UTC-4, Martin Eastburn wrote:
A battery version would be great for a welder or general metal worker.

Martin

On 9/7/2016 7:02 AM, Spalted Walt wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8q3DZB_l6M

li-ion battery for the hand held version?
Would make a hella defensive weapon!

Check out the video link I posted earlier. There's a huge base unit that is attached
to the device that you see being used by the operator. I'm guessing we're years away
from anything that can be considered portable.

The video you posted is 6 yrs old. "Portable" is already a reality:

Mobile Trolley MTR-01
"TAKE THE LASER ANYWHERE!
Increase the mobility of laser cleaning with the mobile trolley. It fits in the back of your
car an can be loaded by one person only."

http://www.p-laser.com/PRODUCTS_deta...1-dfba5f3edbf6

However, IMO battery powered probably is *many* years away.

For those wondering if the technology works on wood:

http://www.nortonsandblasting.com/nsblaserclean.html

"Restoration of the wooden crucifix in the
church of Santa Maria of the Soul in Rome"

Posted to rec.woodworking

Spalted Walt wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8q3DZB_l6M

li-ion battery for the hand held version?
Would make a hella defensive weapon!

Next gen taser/weapon?
Maybe not, at least at lower power levels. Intentionally zapping a
finger appears painless:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TN9WNgxsmo

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Friday, September 9, 2016 at 7:12:51 AM UTC-4, Spalted Walt wrote:
DerbyDad03 wrote:

On Thursday, September 8, 2016 at 10:36:24 PM UTC-4, Martin Eastburn wrote:
A battery version would be great for a welder or general metal worker.

Martin

On 9/7/2016 7:02 AM, Spalted Walt wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8q3DZB_l6M

li-ion battery for the hand held version?
Would make a hella defensive weapon!

Check out the video link I posted earlier. There's a huge base unit that is attached
to the device that you see being used by the operator. I'm guessing we're years away
from anything that can be considered portable.

The video you posted is 6 yrs old. "Portable" is already a reality:

OK, so I'm living in the past. ;-)

Mobile Trolley MTR-01
"TAKE THE LASER ANYWHERE!
Increase the mobility of laser cleaning with the mobile trolley. It fits
in the back of your car an can be loaded by one person only."

http://www.p-laser.com/PRODUCTS_deta...1-dfba5f3edbf6

I stumbled around that website but I couldn't find any specs as to the size
or weight of the unit. "It fits in the back of your car" obviously depends
on what kind of car you have and how strong the "one person" is.

Based on this image, I'd say it will fit in the back of 3 out of 4 of my
vehicles, but they include a van, an SUV and a station wagon. Weight could
still be the deciding factor as to it's level of portability.

http://www.imaxxdna.be/UPL/39dfd315-...late_thumb.jpg

In any case, I want one!

However, IMO battery powered probably is *many* years away.

For those wondering if the technology works on wood:

http://www.nortonsandblasting.com/nsblaserclean.html

"Restoration of the wooden crucifix in the
church of Santa Maria of the Soul in Rome"

Posted to rec.woodworking

DerbyDad03 wrote:

[...]

Hey honey ... can you get the grime off these copper pots? Why sure, let
me just take it to the garage. [lights dim around the house].

Rust removal Steve Walker[_4_] Metalworking 13 May 20th 11 09:46 PM
Rust removal [email protected] Metalworking 12 August 26th 07 03:12 AM
rust removal RDT Woodworking 10 August 10th 05 04:43 AM
rust removal Boots Woodworking 17 April 4th 05 05:27 AM
Rust Removal- Rust covering? Tilt Trailer mechanisms Gunner Metalworking 22 September 14th 04 07:55 PM