Posted to rec.woodworking
Greg Guarino[_2_] Greg Guarino[_2_] is offline

Default Rust removal / next generation taser

On 9/9/2016 10:09 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Friday, September 9, 2016 at 7:12:51 AM UTC-4, Spalted Walt wrote:
DerbyDad03 wrote:

On Thursday, September 8, 2016 at 10:36:24 PM UTC-4, Martin Eastburn wrote:
A battery version would be great for a welder or general metal worker.

Martin

On 9/7/2016 7:02 AM, Spalted Walt wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8q3DZB_l6M

li-ion battery for the hand held version?
Would make a hella defensive weapon!

Check out the video link I posted earlier. There's a huge base unit that is attached
to the device that you see being used by the operator. I'm guessing we're years away
from anything that can be considered portable.

The video you posted is 6 yrs old. "Portable" is already a reality:

OK, so I'm living in the past. ;-)

Mobile Trolley MTR-01
"TAKE THE LASER ANYWHERE!
Increase the mobility of laser cleaning with the mobile trolley. It fits
in the back of your car an can be loaded by one person only."

http://www.p-laser.com/PRODUCTS_deta...1-dfba5f3edbf6

I stumbled around that website but I couldn't find any specs as to the size
or weight of the unit. "It fits in the back of your car" obviously depends
on what kind of car you have and how strong the "one person" is.

Based on this image, I'd say it will fit in the back of 3 out of 4 of my
vehicles, but they include a van, an SUV and a station wagon. Weight could
still be the deciding factor as to it's level of portability.

http://www.imaxxdna.be/UPL/39dfd315-...late_thumb.jpg

In any case, I want one!

However, IMO battery powered probably is *many* years away.

For those wondering if the technology works on wood:

http://www.nortonsandblasting.com/nsblaserclean.html

"Restoration of the wooden crucifix in the
church of Santa Maria of the Soul in Rome"

Hey honey ... can you get the grime off these copper pots? Why sure, let
me just take it to the garage. [lights dim around the house].