Old men & cats

Old February 19th 08, 11:51 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default Old men & cats

What is it with old men and cats? Is that my destiny? I will get old
and become a cat dude?

Young men don't like cats. Many old men do. I know old guys that
relate to their cats like a wife. They tell stories about them. I've
seen old men ride their cat around in their car and on their
motorcycle.

I know I'm getting older. I don't mind a little gray hair. I wouldn't
mind losing my hair. (luckily that doesn't look to be the case) I
don't mind being called sir, I don't mind being a little forgetful, I
don't mind repeating myself, I don't mind being a little forgetful, I
don't mind when a pretty young thing snuggles up, smiles at me, and
says with a twinkle in her eye... "you remind me of my dad".

I don't mind any of that.

But... I live in dread of the day when I have to run home and feed my
cat, because if I don't, she'll be mad at me.

Joe Barta
Old February 19th 08, 11:59 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Check out this video of a not-young man who loves his cat Iris, who flies
with him on the dash of his Cessna.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nheqDASt7bg

Tom

Old February 20th 08, 12:17 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Tom Hayden wrote:

Check out this video of a not-young man who loves his cat Iris,
who flies with him on the dash of his Cessna.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nheqDASt7bg

Cat looks just a little nervous ;-)

The cat is thinking.. "While flying is certainly an uplifting and
exhilarating experience, this old man is definitely getting more out
of it than I am. Couldn't we just go home so I can eat, **** and take
a nap?"

Joe Barta
Old February 20th 08, 02:01 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On Tue, 19 Feb 2008 23:51:00 GMT, Joe Barta wrote:

I like dogs, but have preferred cats all my life...
Main reason, I think, is because they're so damn independent... Nobody ever owns
a cat, they're only around when they want to be..

The other reason is that they're so low maintenance... leave them food, water
and a box and you can be gone for a week with no worries..

[...]

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing
Old February 20th 08, 02:25 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

mac davis wrote in
news
On Tue, 19 Feb 2008 23:51:00 GMT, Joe Barta wrote:

I like dogs, but have preferred cats all my life...
Main reason, I think, is because they're so damn independent... Nobody
ever owns a cat, they're only around when they want to be..

The other reason is that they're so low maintenance... leave them
food, water and a box and you can be gone for a week with no worries..

That independence thing also, to me, means that when a cat curls up on
your lap, or chest, or wherever, and purrs itself to sleep it does so
because it wants to, and trusts you. That trust is very powerful, and
makes me feel like a good fellow. Of course, YMMV.

Old February 20th 08, 10:20 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Bob

"Joe Barta" wrote in message
.. .
What is it with old men and cats? Is that my destiny? I will get
old
and become a cat dude?

Young men don't like cats. Many old men do.

Snip

Actually, cats aren't too bad, especially when well marinated and
smoke on a medium heat for five or six hours.
Just kidding -
I'm an old man and can't stand cats.
Now we are mixing pets & barbecue on a wood working NG.
What's next; stamp collecting?
Bob-tx

Old February 20th 08, 10:56 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
RLM

On Tue, 19 Feb 2008 23:51:00 +0000, Joe Barta wrote:

[...]

Dogs think you are the leader of the pack. Cats think of you as staff.
Old February 20th 08, 01:19 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Bob" wrote in message

"Joe Barta" wrote in message
.. .
Now we are mixing pets & barbecue on a wood working NG.
What's next; stamp collecting?
Bob-tx

BBQ takes wood, as does paper. Have to ask, who collects stamps anymore?
As kids, we all learned more about geography and a touch of foreign
languages from the hobby. Given the deplorable state of knowledge about
geography prevailing today, I don't imagine there are many collectors out
there.

Old February 20th 08, 01:30 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Joe Barta" wrote

But... I live in dread of the day when I have to run home and feed my
cat, because if I don't, she'll be mad at me.

You have to pay the price for any pussy.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 12/14/07

Old February 20th 08, 02:45 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

George wrote:

Have to ask, who collects stamps
anymore?

Who _uses_ stamps anymore? G

All of my bills are paid electronically, packages that don't go UPS or
FedEX get the postage stuck on at the service desk.

Cats EXT Home Repair 0 February 3rd 08 10:02 PM
Cats and gravel Dark Angel[_2_] UK diy 29 September 9th 07 10:25 PM
LET AIR IN KEEP CATS OUT svmsbb UK diy 6 March 4th 07 01:19 PM
Why is a cats head call a cats head? TheAndroid Metalworking 11 January 17th 06 09:42 AM
OT-Cats Gunner Metalworking 29 December 29th 03 06:04 PM