Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Jim Willemin Jim Willemin is offline

Default Old men & cats

mac davis wrote in
news
On Tue, 19 Feb 2008 23:51:00 GMT, Joe Barta wrote:

I like dogs, but have preferred cats all my life...
Main reason, I think, is because they're so damn independent... Nobody
ever owns a cat, they're only around when they want to be..

The other reason is that they're so low maintenance... leave them
food, water and a box and you can be gone for a week with no worries..

That independence thing also, to me, means that when a cat curls up on
your lap, or chest, or wherever, and purrs itself to sleep it does so
because it wants to, and trusts you. That trust is very powerful, and
makes me feel like a good fellow. Of course, YMMV.

What is it with old men and cats? Is that my destiny? I will get old
and become a cat dude?

Young men don't like cats. Many old men do. I know old guys that
relate to their cats like a wife. They tell stories about them. I've
seen old men ride their cat around in their car and on their
motorcycle.

I know I'm getting older. I don't mind a little gray hair. I wouldn't
mind losing my hair. (luckily that doesn't look to be the case) I
don't mind being called sir, I don't mind being a little forgetful, I
don't mind repeating myself, I don't mind being a little forgetful, I
don't mind when a pretty young thing snuggles up, smiles at me, and
says with a twinkle in her eye... "you remind me of my dad".

I don't mind any of that.

But... I live in dread of the day when I have to run home and feed my
cat, because if I don't, she'll be mad at me.

Joe Barta

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing