Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
mac davis[_3_] mac davis[_3_] is offline

Default Old men & cats - 2 attachments

On Thu, 21 Feb 2008 04:06:47 GMT, Smaug Ichorfang wrote:

mac davis wrote in
:

Cool.. how did you attach the carpet?

Staples. Lots, and lots of staples. With one of those old-fashioned
staple guns, not one of the new "backwards" ergonomic ones (my hand is
still cramping). And some tacks in places that wouldn't stay put. That
was 15 years ago. The only repairs (besides trimming of the shreded edges)
has been to wrap the bottom 2 feet or so of the upright posts with jute
rope. The cats finally shreded it beyond fixing the carpet. When I run
across some more carpet scraps I'll put them on.

Ouch.. sounds painful..
I have a Sears electric tacker around here somewhere from a boat project in
another life..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing