Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.cars.maintenance,uk.rec.cars.misc
dg dg is offline

Default Where can I get a non-standard fan belt made?

I need a replacement fan belt (smooth V type) for a cement mixer and it
needs to be about 900mm diameter.

I can't seem to locate a manufacturer/supplier via the usual searches,
so can anyone recommend one?

cheers

dg

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.cars.maintenance,uk.rec.cars.misc

"dg" wrote in message
oups.com...
I need a replacement fan belt (smooth V type) for a cement mixer and it
needs to be about 900mm diameter.

I can't seem to locate a manufacturer/supplier via the usual searches,
so can anyone recommend one?

cheers

dg

Most industrial areas will have a belt and bearing supplier. My local one
is J and M belts. They will supply any available belt for anything.

01375 375924

mrcheerful

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.cars.maintenance,uk.rec.cars.misc

"mrcheerful ." wrote in message
. uk...

"dg" wrote in message
oups.com...
I need a replacement fan belt (smooth V type) for a cement mixer and it
needs to be about 900mm diameter.

I can't seem to locate a manufacturer/supplier via the usual searches,
so can anyone recommend one?

cheers

dg

Most industrial areas will have a belt and bearing supplier. My local one
is J and M belts. They will supply any available belt for anything.

01375 375924

mrcheerful

forgot to say they also sell linked fan belts which can be made to any
length at all, these are suitable for low speed loads

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.cars.maintenance,uk.rec.cars.misc

In oups.com,
dg wittered on forthwith;
I need a replacement fan belt (smooth V type) for a cement mixer and
it needs to be about 900mm diameter.

I can't seem to locate a manufacturer/supplier via the usual searches,
so can anyone recommend one?

cheers

Clue, fan belt lengths are normally quoted in mm. So, a 900mm belt will
normally be something along the lines of a VB900..

Try finding a 2360 mm 6 rib Gates belt at 2am. That's how I know too much
about fan belts.

--
Pete M - Using the Scouse Side of the Force -
Range Rover Vogue EFI x 2

"This is not 'Nam, this is bowling. There are rules"

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.cars.maintenance,uk.rec.cars.misc

"Pete M" . uk wrote
in message news snip

Clue, fan belt lengths are normally quoted in mm. So, a 900mm belt

will
normally be something along the lines of a VB900..

Width of 'V' is also important.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.cars.maintenance,uk.rec.cars.misc

RS Components? http://rswww.com

--
Malc

Cheap, but not as cheap as your girlfriend

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.cars.maintenance,uk.rec.cars.misc

On Sat, 02 Sep 2006 16:09:07 GMT, "Pete M"
. uk wrote:

In oups.com,
dg wittered on forthwith;
I need a replacement fan belt (smooth V type) for a cement mixer and
it needs to be about 900mm diameter.

I can't seem to locate a manufacturer/supplier via the usual searches,
so can anyone recommend one?

cheers

Clue, fan belt lengths are normally quoted in mm. So, a 900mm belt will
normally be something along the lines of a VB900..

[snip]

But that'll get you a belt 900mm long, not one of 900mm diameter...

Cheers,

Colin.
Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.cars.maintenance,uk.rec.cars.misc

"dg" wrote in message
oups.com...
I need a replacement fan belt (smooth V type) for a cement mixer and it
needs to be about 900mm diameter.

I can't seem to locate a manufacturer/supplier via the usual searches,
so can anyone recommend one?

Measure the width of the belt or the width of the vee in the pulleys, at the
top.
Mark the old belt, and measure it's length. Or the length with a tape around
both pulleys, taking into account any adjustment.
Then look in Yellow Pages for a Co supplying transmission products, quoting
the width and length. That's all they'll need or want to know.
Chances are that you'll find a Co reasonably local who can supply a belt the
right width and length.
Mike.

cheers

dg

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.cars.maintenance,uk.rec.cars.misc

dg wrote:
I need a replacement fan belt (smooth V type) for a cement mixer and it

Fenner used to be the major manufacturer of V wedge belts when I last
used them; probably a standard size, available from them or someone
similar.

http://www.fptgroup.com/products/hub_belts.asp

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.cars.maintenance,uk.rec.cars.misc

"Aidan" wrote in message
ups.com...

dg wrote:
I need a replacement fan belt (smooth V type) for a cement mixer and it

normal electric portable cement mixers use A24 belts. 24 inch length.
whats that in mm? 900?
should know as i sell the buggers!.
incidentally v belt widths are
Z = 10mm