Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.cars.maintenance,uk.rec.cars.misc
Mike G Mike G is offline

Default Where can I get a non-standard fan belt made?

"dg" wrote in message
oups.com...
I need a replacement fan belt (smooth V type) for a cement mixer and it
needs to be about 900mm diameter.

I can't seem to locate a manufacturer/supplier via the usual searches,
so can anyone recommend one?

Measure the width of the belt or the width of the vee in the pulleys, at the
top.
Mark the old belt, and measure it's length. Or the length with a tape around
both pulleys, taking into account any adjustment.
Then look in Yellow Pages for a Co supplying transmission products, quoting
the width and length. That's all they'll need or want to know.
Chances are that you'll find a Co reasonably local who can supply a belt the
right width and length.
Mike.

cheers

dg