Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Garage Door follow up DANGER !!! DANGER !!!

Recently we had a thread about garage door safety lights. Some of them
have them disabled because they can be a PITA. Let me tell you what I
did this morning.

I started the dishwasher after breakfast. I took out the dish
detergent from under the counter. It is the liquid stuff in a plastic
bottle with a safety cap that has to be squeezed to open. To make it
easier to open, I cut the plastic tabs off of the bottom of the cap.

Filled the detergent cups and put that bottle back under the sink
where it resides with other chemicals.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 16, 8:31*am, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
Recently we had a thread about garage door safety lights. Some of them
have them disabled because they can be a PITA. *Let me tell you what I
did this morning.

I started the dishwasher after breakfast. *I took out the dish
detergent from under the counter. *It is the liquid stuff in a plastic
bottle with a safety cap that has to be squeezed to open. *To make it
easier to open, I cut the plastic tabs off of the bottom of the cap.

Filled the detergent cups and put that bottle back under the sink
where it resides with other chemicals.

You are weird to bother us with crap postings.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
Recently we had a thread about garage door safety lights. Some of them
have them disabled because they can be a PITA. Let me tell you what I
did this morning.

I started the dishwasher after breakfast. I took out the dish
detergent from under the counter. It is the liquid stuff in a plastic
bottle with a safety cap that has to be squeezed to open. To make it
easier to open, I cut the plastic tabs off of the bottom of the cap.

Filled the detergent cups and put that bottle back under the sink
where it resides with other chemicals.

I use a utility knife to cut the tab out of the lid of those pill bottles
which make you line up the 2 triangles. Once that's gone you can open it in
any position.

In many cases I transfer new supplies of pills to the old container from
which the tab as been removed. I've got one container that I've been
reusing for over 5 years.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 16 Jun 2013 07:41:33 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

On Jun 16, 8:31*am, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
Recently we had a thread about garage door safety lights. Some of them
have them disabled because they can be a PITA. *Let me tell you what I
did this morning.

I started the dishwasher after breakfast. *I took out the dish
detergent from under the counter. *It is the liquid stuff in a plastic
bottle with a safety cap that has to be squeezed to open. *To make it
easier to open, I cut the plastic tabs off of the bottom of the cap.

Filled the detergent cups and put that bottle back under the sink
where it resides with other chemicals.

You are weird to bother us with crap postings.

I've been called worse.

You had to follow the other thread to appreciate the humor. Or not.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
Recently we had a thread about garage door safety lights. Some of them
have them disabled because they can be a PITA. Let me tell you what I
did this morning.

I started the dishwasher after breakfast. I took out the dish
detergent from under the counter. It is the liquid stuff in a plastic
bottle with a safety cap that has to be squeezed to open. To make it
easier to open, I cut the plastic tabs off of the bottom of the cap.

Filled the detergent cups and put that bottle back under the sink
where it resides with other chemicals.

Hmm,
We quit using liquid or powder dish washing detergent quite some time ago.
Posted to alt.home.repair

In ,
Ed Pawlowski belched:
Recently we had a thread about garage door safety lights. Some of them
have them disabled because they can be a PITA. Let me tell you what I
did this morning.

I started the dishwasher after breakfast. I took out the dish
detergent from under the counter. It is the liquid stuff in a plastic
bottle with a safety cap that has to be squeezed to open. To make it
easier to open, I cut the plastic tabs off of the bottom of the cap.

Filled the detergent cups and put that bottle back under the sink
where it resides with other chemicals.

LOL
That safety cap was put there for a reason, Ed.
I hope no neighborhood kids get a hold of it, you could to have a law suit
on your hands

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
On Jun 16, 8:31*am, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
Recently we had a thread about garage door safety lights. Some of them
have them disabled because they can be a PITA. *Let me tell you what I
did this morning.

I started the dishwasher after breakfast. *I took out the dish
detergent from under the counter. *It is the liquid stuff in a plastic
bottle with a safety cap that has to be squeezed to open. *To make it
easier to open, I cut the plastic tabs off of the bottom of the cap.

Filled the detergent cups and put that bottle back under the sink
where it resides with other chemicals.

You are weird to bother us with crap postings.

I've been called worse.

You had to follow the other thread to appreciate the humor. *Or not.

Now that you've disabled the safety mecanism on that
bottle of dishwasher detergent, what will happen if you
put it under the garage door with the disabled sensors and
close it?
Posted to alt.home.repair

Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Recently we had a thread about garage door safety lights. Some of them
have them disabled because they can be a PITA. Let me tell you what I
did this morning.

I started the dishwasher after breakfast. I took out the dish
detergent from under the counter. It is the liquid stuff in a plastic
bottle with a safety cap that has to be squeezed to open. To make it
easier to open, I cut the plastic tabs off of the bottom of the cap.

Filled the detergent cups and put that bottle back under the sink
where it resides with other chemicals.

The splitter/guard for my 10 year old table saw is sitting on the shelf
in my shop, still wrapped in the original plastic. A proper number of
fingers, thumbs, toes, etc. are all still attached to me.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 16 Jun 2013 09:31:33 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Recently we had a thread about garage door safety lights. Some of them
have them disabled because they can be a PITA. Let me tell you what I
did this morning.

I started the dishwasher after breakfast. I took out the dish
detergent from under the counter. It is the liquid stuff in a plastic
bottle with a safety cap that has to be squeezed to open. To make it
easier to open, I cut the plastic tabs off of the bottom of the cap.

Filled the detergent cups and put that bottle back under the sink
where it resides with other chemicals.

I bet you fry bacon while nekkid A real rebel!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 16 Jun 2013 09:35:04 -0600, Tony Hwang
wrote:

Filled the detergent cups and put that bottle back under the sink
where it resides with other chemicals.

Hmm,
We quit using liquid or powder dish washing detergent quite some time ago.

Just let the dog lick them?
Posted to alt.home.repair

"DerbyDad03" wrote in message

I use a utility knife to cut the tab out of the lid of those pill bottles
which make you line up the 2 triangles. Once that's gone you can open it
in
any position.

In many cases I transfer new supplies of pills to the old container from
which the tab as been removed. I've got one container that I've been
reusing for over 5 years.

Sometimes you can ask for tops that are not child proof. Also the ones we
seem to get are reversiable. If you turn the top upside down there is a set
of threads that screw into the bottle.It even gives you a larger area to
grip.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Filled the detergent cups and put that bottle back under the sink
where it resides with other chemicals.

Hmm,
We quit using liquid or powder dish washing detergent quite some time ago.

Just let the dog lick them?

Yup.

"A priest was asked to dinner by one of his parishioners who he knew
as being an unkempt housekeeper. When he sat down at the table, he
noticed that the dishes were the dirtiest that he had ever seen in his
life. "Were these dishes ever washed?" he asked his hostess, running
his fingers over the grit and grime. She replied, "They're as clean
as soap and water could get them". He felt a bit apprehensive but
blessed the food anyway and started eating. It was really delicious
and he said so, despite the dirty dishes.

When dinner was over, the hostess took the dishes outside and barked
"Here Soap! Here Water!"
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/16/2013 9:31 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
Recently we had a thread about garage door safety lights. Some of them
have them disabled because they can be a PITA. Let me tell you what I
did this morning.

I started the dishwasher after breakfast. I took out the dish
detergent from under the counter. It is the liquid stuff in a plastic
bottle with a safety cap that has to be squeezed to open. To make it
easier to open, I cut the plastic tabs off of the bottom of the cap.

Filled the detergent cups and put that bottle back under the sink
where it resides with other chemicals.

I mentioned I did something similar with one of those new, cursed EPA
compliant gas cans. Child safety screw cap was similarly defeated.
I have to also confess I did the same thing today with a bottle of mouth
wash.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 06/16/2013 02:38 PM, Frank wrote:
On 6/16/2013 9:31 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
Recently we had a thread about garage door safety lights. Some of them
have them disabled because they can be a PITA. Let me tell you what I
did this morning.

I started the dishwasher after breakfast. I took out the dish
detergent from under the counter. It is the liquid stuff in a plastic
bottle with a safety cap that has to be squeezed to open. To make it
easier to open, I cut the plastic tabs off of the bottom of the cap.

Filled the detergent cups and put that bottle back under the sink
where it resides with other chemicals.

I mentioned I did something similar with one of those new, cursed EPA compliant gas cans. Child safety screw cap was similarly defeated.

Gas caps? We don't need no stinkin' gas caps!

http://www.startribune.com/local/south/211381491.html
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 16 Jun 2013 14:22:59 -0400, "Ralph Mowery"
wrote:

"DerbyDad03" wrote in message

I use a utility knife to cut the tab out of the lid of those pill bottles
which make you line up the 2 triangles. Once that's gone you can open it
in
any position.

LIttle non-Bayer aspirin bottles come like that. So far it hasn't
bothered me

In many cases I transfer new supplies of pills to the old container from
which the tab as been removed. I've got one container that I've been
reusing for over 5 years.

Sometimes you can ask for tops that are not child proof. Also the ones we
seem to get are reversiable. If you turn the top upside down there is a set
of threads that screw into the bottle.It even gives you a larger area to
grip.

For presciption drugs, I do that, get non-safety caps. Seems to me,
it will just speed up evolution if we get rid of kids who are so
stupid they take pills that haven't been prescribed for them.

But I took a vacation last month and the caps came off two out of
three plastic bottles and there were pills all over the suitcase.
Maybe I'll use safety caps next time.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/16/13 3:56 PM, micky wrote:

But I took a vacation last month and the caps came off two out of
three plastic bottles and there were pills all over the suitcase.
Maybe I'll use safety caps next time.

Duct tape for small bottles, Gorilla tape for the large ones.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 16 Jun 2013 16:56:12 -0400, micky
wrote:

For presciption drugs, I do that, get non-safety caps. Seems to me,
it will just speed up evolution if we get rid of kids who are so
stupid they take pills that haven't been prescribed for them.

"Who's gonna raise these babies"

"... a lot of daddies out there, squirtin' and desertin'"

"... not all fun and games, peckers flyin' 'round"

_Shovels and Rope_ Who's gonna raise these babies

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFKg_3PWWoc

My GGF left the farm at 16, and survived the War of Northern
Aggression.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"micky" wrote in message

For presciption drugs, I do that, get non-safety caps. Seems to me,
it will just speed up evolution if we get rid of kids who are so
stupid they take pills that haven't been prescribed for them.

But I took a vacation last month and the caps came off two out of
three plastic bottles and there were pills all over the suitcase.
Maybe I'll use safety caps next time.

Also the pill takers that are too stupid to screw the tops on tight..

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 16 Jun 2013 18:13:47 -0400, "Ralph Mowery"
wrote:

"micky" wrote in message
.. .

For presciption drugs, I do that, get non-safety caps. Seems to me,
it will just speed up evolution if we get rid of kids who are so
stupid they take pills that haven't been prescribed for them.

But I took a vacation last month and the caps came off two out of
three plastic bottles and there were pills all over the suitcase.
Maybe I'll use safety caps next time.

Also the pill takers that are too stupid to screw the tops on tight..

These were snap on. No way to make them tight. Even for snap-on,
they seem loose.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Wonder if several wide post office type rubber
bands would keep the lids on? Less sticky.
..
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..
..
"Dean Hoffman" " wrote in message ...
On 6/16/13 3:56 PM, micky wrote:

But I took a vacation last month and the caps came off two out of
three plastic bottles and there were pills all over the suitcase.
Maybe I'll use safety caps next time.

Duct tape for small bottles, Gorilla tape for the large ones.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 16, 7:51*am, DerbyDad03 wrote:
Ed Pawlowski wrote:
[...]

You do know that you can ask for your pills with non childproof caps?

Harry K
Posted to alt.home.repair

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
[...]

Harry K- Hide quoted text -

Not OTC pills. However they come is what you get.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/16/2013 4:29 PM, Berndt Hass wrote:
On 06/16/2013 02:38 PM, Frank wrote:
On 6/16/2013 9:31 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
Recently we had a thread about garage door safety lights. Some of them
have them disabled because they can be a PITA. Let me tell you what I
did this morning.

I started the dishwasher after breakfast. I took out the dish
detergent from under the counter. It is the liquid stuff in a plastic
bottle with a safety cap that has to be squeezed to open. To make it
easier to open, I cut the plastic tabs off of the bottom of the cap.

Filled the detergent cups and put that bottle back under the sink
where it resides with other chemicals.

I mentioned I did something similar with one of those new, cursed EPA
compliant gas cans. Child safety screw cap was similarly defeated.

Gas caps? We don't need no stinkin' gas caps!

http://www.startribune.com/local/south/211381491.html

Spill proof can does not need a cap.
Of course I spill a lot more gas when it blurps over.