Matt

Default Detroit-New Yankee Workshop??????

I live in Oakland County, and have Comcast. NYW seems to have been
pulled from HGTV, and PBS in my area. Anyone know what happened or where
to get my woodworking TV fix other than Wood Works?

Matt

D. J. Dorn

No longer on HGTV at all. The NYW site has removed it from there too. I
don't know about PBS because ours has been in fund raising for the past
couple of weeks. I think I missed the Highboy episodes - I really wanted to
see that too.

Don

"Matt" wrote in message
I live in Oakland County, and have Comcast. NYW seems to have been pulled
from HGTV, and PBS in my area. Anyone know what happened or where to get my
woodworking TV fix other than Wood Works?

Matt

Mike C

My local PBS station is doing some fund raising as well. They told me
as soon as it's over, NYW will be back on. Looking at their site, it
appears as though they'll be picking up where they left off (Tilt Top
Table for me) next weekend. I can only hope their site is accurate!

Mike

Matt

I checked PBS's schedule today. No fund raising, and no NYW!! What
happened? We missed the highboy episodes too. WOW customers are getting
double doses of NYW on the weekends.

Matt

Mike C wrote:
My local PBS station is doing some fund raising as well. They told me
as soon as it's over, NYW will be back on. Looking at their site, it
appears as though they'll be picking up where they left off (Tilt Top
Table for me) next weekend. I can only hope their site is accurate!

Mike

Timothy Drouillard

In Trenton, Mi a southern suburb of Detroit...
I just checked,
(I'm on Comcast)

Date Saturday, 26
Start Time 12:30pm
Title New Yankee Workshop
Topic Lathe 101
Ch# 10
Channel WGTE

Mike C wrote:
My local PBS station is doing some fund raising as well. They told me
as soon as it's over, NYW will be back on. Looking at their site, it
appears as though they'll be picking up where they left off (Tilt Top
Table for me) next weekend. I can only hope their site is accurate!

Mike

Rick Cox

Columbus just finished fund raising and started the new season today.
The Quartersawn oak hall mirror
Still the best thing to watch with a hot cup of coffee...and easter candy
"Timothy Drouillard" wrote in message
In Trenton, Mi a southern suburb of Detroit...
I just checked,
(I'm on Comcast)

Date Saturday, 26
Start Time 12:30pm
Title New Yankee Workshop
Topic Lathe 101
Ch# 10
Channel WGTE

Mike C wrote:
My local PBS station is doing some fund raising as well. They told me
as soon as it's over, NYW will be back on. Looking at their site, it
appears as though they'll be picking up where they left off (Tilt Top
Table for me) next weekend. I can only hope their site is accurate!

Mike

John

HGTV has dropped the NYWS - decided to NOT renew the contract - so
unless you can convince the local PBS to carry NYWS, only choice is to
buy a satellite TV setup and try and get PBS direct feed for NYWS - OR
just resign yourself to be Norm-less for the rest of your life

John
On Sat, 26 Mar 2005 08:08:27 -0500, Matt wrote:

I live in Oakland County, and have Comcast. NYW seems to have been
pulled from HGTV, and PBS in my area. Anyone know what happened or where
to get my woodworking TV fix other than Wood Works?

Matt

SawDust (Pat)

Hi Don,

You will want to catch it when it reruns. It was interesting to see
how the bonet was made. You should contact your local PBS station
and ask them when they are going to show the episode.

BTW: The highboy is being made for the current TOH project. Norm on
TOH commented that it took 20 days from design to completion. With
the plans done, it's about 10 days worth of solid work to build the
project.

Pat

"Matt" wrote in message
I live in Oakland County, and have Comcast. NYW seems to have been pulled
from HGTV, and PBS in my area. Anyone know what happened or where to get my
woodworking TV fix other than Wood Works?

Matt

Matt

I will check this out Tim.

Timothy Drouillard wrote:

In Trenton, Mi a southern suburb of Detroit...
I just checked,
(I'm on Comcast)

Date Saturday, 26
Start Time 12:30pm