Cindy

Default Help with refinish

I have an oak table with some heat spots on the top.. Other than stripping
the entire table top,is there any way to remove the heat spots?

Cindy

JGS

Hi Cindy,
Suggest you go here and type in heat spots or white spots and you will see how
others have dealt with the problem. Cheers, JG

http://groups.google.ca/groups?hl=en...ec.woodworking

Cindy wrote:

I have an oak table with some heat spots on the top.. Other than stripping
the entire table top,is there any way to remove the heat spots?

Cindy

Larry Jaques

On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 20:59:06 -0500, the inscrutable "Cindy"
spake:

I have an oak table with some heat spots on the top.. Other than stripping
the entire table top,is there any way to remove the heat spots?

Got pictures of it? Post 'em. Is it a finish problem or a scorched
wood top? How deep? What color?

If it's just a blistered clearcoat lacquer, you might be able to use a
cabinet scraper to remove the damaged area, feather the finish with
sandpaper, and recoat the top.

If it has any stain, you're SOL. Strip and refinish the whole top.

G'luck!

--
Put some color in your cheeks: Garden Naked!
------
James \Cubby\ Culbertson

Cindy,
You may also try:

http://www.woodcraft.com/family.aspx?familyid=5207

I just saw this. Don't know what's in it or whether it even works but
Liberon is generally well regarded as near as I can
tell.
Cheers,
cc

"Cindy" wrote in message
. ..
I have an oak table with some heat spots on the top.. Other than stripping
the entire table top,is there any way to remove the heat spots?

Cindy

Bob

I wish Liberon would reply to emails when I try to order. Never had
problems in the past, but these days are different. Yes I know I can call
but why have an email link on their website if they are not going to
respond. To me that goes to employee training.

Bob Klein

"James "Cubby" Culbertson" wrote in message
Cindy,
You may also try:

http://www.woodcraft.com/family.aspx?familyid=5207

I just saw this. Don't know what's in it or whether it even works but
Liberon is generally well regarded as near as I can
tell.
Cheers,
cc

"Cindy" wrote in message
. ..
I have an oak table with some heat spots on the top.. Other than

stripping
the entire table top,is there any way to remove the heat spots?

Cindy

Cindy

How awesome!!! I just happened to have one of those shops near ( read 45
miles away) in Knoxville. My father is a woodworker and I have been dying
to go into this shop.. Now I have a great reason...

Thanks so much!
Cindy

"James "Cubby" Culbertson" wrote in message
Cindy,
You may also try:

http://www.woodcraft.com/family.aspx?familyid=5207

I just saw this. Don't know what's in it or whether it even works but
Liberon is generally well regarded as near as I can
tell.
Cheers,
cc

"Cindy" wrote in message
. ..
I have an oak table with some heat spots on the top.. Other than
stripping the entire table top,is there any way to remove the heat spots?

Cindy

James \Cubby\ Culbertson

Report back after trying it out and let us know how it worked!
Cheers,
cc

"Cindy" wrote in message
. ..
How awesome!!! I just happened to have one of those shops near ( read 45
miles away) in Knoxville. My father is a woodworker and I have been dying
to go into this shop.. Now I have a great reason...

Thanks so much!
Cindy

"James "Cubby" Culbertson" wrote in message
Cindy,
You may also try:

http://www.woodcraft.com/family.aspx?familyid=5207

I just saw this. Don't know what's in it or whether it even works but
Liberon is generally well regarded as near as I can
tell.
Cheers,
cc

"Cindy" wrote in message
. ..
I have an oak table with some heat spots on the top.. Other than
stripping the entire table top,is there any way to remove the heat
spots?

Cindy

Refinish hardwood floor Yaofeng Home Repair 9 September 13th 04 06:26 PM
Refinishing China Cabinet! Help! Chris Lang Woodworking 6 September 5th 04 06:01 AM
refinish stairs - slippery not wanted blue Home Repair 4 March 15th 04 04:02 PM
refinish sink? glen Home Repair 1 October 19th 03 10:52 PM
Refinish Fireplace Johnny Home Repair 1 August 6th 03 02:07 PM