DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Help with refinish (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/96341-help-refinish.html)

Cindy March 24th 05 01:59 AM

Help with refinish

I have an oak table with some heat spots on the top.. Other than stripping
the entire table top,is there any way to remove the heat spots?

Cindy

JGS March 24th 05 11:07 AM

Hi Cindy,
Suggest you go here and type in heat spots or white spots and you will see how
others have dealt with the problem. Cheers, JG

http://groups.google.ca/groups?hl=en...ec.woodworking

Larry Jaques March 24th 05 02:15 PM

On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 20:59:06 -0500, the inscrutable "Cindy"
spake:

I have an oak table with some heat spots on the top.. Other than stripping
the entire table top,is there any way to remove the heat spots?

Got pictures of it? Post 'em. Is it a finish problem or a scorched
wood top? How deep? What color?

If it's just a blistered clearcoat lacquer, you might be able to use a
cabinet scraper to remove the damaged area, feather the finish with
sandpaper, and recoat the top.

If it has any stain, you're SOL. Strip and refinish the whole top.

G'luck!

--
Put some color in your cheeks: Garden Naked!
------

James \Cubby\ Culbertson March 25th 05 03:10 AM

Cindy,
You may also try:

http://www.woodcraft.com/family.aspx?familyid=5207

I just saw this. Don't know what's in it or whether it even works but
Liberon is generally well regarded as near as I can
tell.
Cheers,
cc

. ..

Bob March 27th 05 02:00 AM

I wish Liberon would reply to emails when I try to order. Never had
problems in the past, but these days are different. Yes I know I can call
but why have an email link on their website if they are not going to
respond. To me that goes to employee training.

Bob Klein

"James "Cubby" Culbertson" wrote in message
Cindy,
You may also try:

http://www.woodcraft.com/family.aspx?familyid=5207

I just saw this. Don't know what's in it or whether it even works but
Liberon is generally well regarded as near as I can
tell.
Cheers,
cc

. ..

Cindy March 27th 05 04:28 AM

How awesome!!! I just happened to have one of those shops near ( read 45
miles away) in Knoxville. My father is a woodworker and I have been dying
to go into this shop.. Now I have a great reason...

Thanks so much!
Cindy

"James "Cubby" Culbertson" wrote in message
Cindy,
You may also try:

http://www.woodcraft.com/family.aspx?familyid=5207

I just saw this. Don't know what's in it or whether it even works but
Liberon is generally well regarded as near as I can
tell.
Cheers,
cc

. ..