Default Rikon 14" Bandsaw - Opinions?

Anyone here have/use a Rikon 14" Bandsaw? They have one at my local
woodcraft store and it looks nice enough for a fixed head saw, just
wondered about the real world. Is it something like a Bridgewood or a
poor man's Laguna?

BTW, I have no need/interest in 12" resaw capability.

So how about why you like the Rikon other your resaw capability?
C'mon, you gotta give me more than that !

How would you stack up the build quality compared to the popular
brands like Delta, Griz, Jet, and PM? Break it down to a few
highlights.

On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 23:25:41 GMT, "Mortimer Schnerd, RN"

Anyone here have/use a Rikon 14" Bandsaw? They have one at my local
woodcraft store and it looks nice enough for a fixed head saw, just
wondered about the real world. Is it something like a Bridgewood or a
poor man's Laguna?

BTW, I have no need/interest in 12" resaw capability.

That's a shame. I like my 18" Rikon.

Rikon BS on sale Mortimer Schnerd, RN Woodworking 5 January 21st 05 12:42 PM
OT Guns more Guns Cliff Metalworking 519 December 12th 04 05:52 AM
Rikon 18" Bandsaw Mortimer Schnerd, RN Woodworking 12 July 24th 04 07:42 AM
Maloof: “Then I just cut ________ on the bandsaw charlie b Woodworking 12 November 16th 03 04:53 PM
Bandsaw Blade Guide Opinions MP Toolman Woodworking 10 November 2nd 03 05:01 AM