Mortimer Schnerd, RN

Default Rikon BS on sale

I've mentioned the Rikon 18" bandsaw that Fine Woodworking called a "best buy"
last year on a few occasions. I've been lusting after one for all the time
since I read the article but I was put off for various reasons: no local
vendor; it's a 220V machine and I'd have to call an electrician to add service
for it; I'm already hard pressed for space in my garage... uh, I mean workshop;
it weighs about 350 lbs and I don't know how I'd get it to my house without
paying an arm and a leg for shipping.... the list goes on.

Anyway, Rikon told me that Woodcraft was going to start selling them and I do
have a Woodcraft store locally. Time went by and no Rikon saws, but they
finally started carrying them about six months later than what Rikon had said.
They might have been late but now I could actually see a machine up close.

Today I got a mailer from Woodcraft: among other deals, they marked down the
Rikon 18" BS to $899. Hmmmm..... I'm thinking.

Film at 11....

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

VE

On Feb 11, Woodcraft has a one-day, 10% off sale....

Knothead

Unless that BS will fit into the bag ;-)

"Lobby Dosser" wrote in message
wrote:

On Feb 11, Woodcraft has a one-day, 10% off sale....

Typically excludes power tools.

Joe C.

wrote:

On Feb 11, Woodcraft has a one-day, 10% off sale....

Typically excludes power tools.

Yet another reason to be a neander.....

knuckles dragging,

Joe

B a r r y

Knothead wrote:

On Feb 11, Woodcraft has a one-day, 10% off sale....

Typically excludes power tools.

Manchester, CT, excludes Festool, Rikon, classes, ans special orders.
Other power tools are on sale.

I bought my Delta X5 band saw at one of these sales.

Barry