Rick Chamberlain

Default FS Shameless plug - SE Wisconsin Tool Sale (PORTRORSSOTC)

Folks,

Apologies in advance if you don't like FS posts on the Hard Wreck, but
if you are in SE Wisconsin on Saturday the 18th, you'll thank me for it.

The Mahwahkee Ten is hosting the first ever PORTRORSSOTC (1) sale.
Since many of us are old arn heads, you can surmise that a lot of the
tools will be lovingly used and have a certain special patina to them,
and include manufacturers such as Delta, King Seeley, Darra James, and
Tannewitz. There are even a couple of newer machines by Jet and
Powermatic that'll tickle the fancy of any wooddorker.

There will be lots of tools and parts, and good weather is promised by
our local weather jocks too (which means absolutely nothing if you know
anything about Wisconsin weather, so wear shorts and tee-shirts but pack
the flannel, wool, and Thinsulate just in case).

Date: September 18th, 2004 (snow or shine)
Time: 8:30am - 4:00pm (no early birds - there are large dogs to ward
them away)
Location: New Berlin, WI (about 20 minutes SW of downtown MKE)

I will post a complete list of machines and parts sometime tonight or
tomorrow AM, and should have digi-pics of the good stuff on a web page
by the same time. The actual address of the location will be posted
Friday afternoon so the outta-towners can fire up Mapquest in time.

If you're in the market for a table saw, RAS, jointer, sander, or spare
parts, this is the place to be this weekend. There is even a beautiful
1995 Chevy Z71 available for sale if you need something to haul your
haul home in! (2)

Even if you're not in the market for anything, stop down, introduce
yourself, and swap wRECk or OWWM stories. Celebrity appearances by
Keeter (Unisaw A100), Bob Schmall, Neener Dean Gebhardt, David (low
pressure front) Charnon, and Toe-Knee are on hand throughout the day.
Sorry, no pony rides.

Be there or be square! Peace! And bitchin'! (3)

Resto Rick in Mahwahkee

(1) The original name for the sale was "Pox on (insert local woodworking
tool store name here, whose CEO is affectionately known as "Action")
Tool Rummage-O-Rama Spectacular Sale of the Century (abbreviated for
clarity and to avoid legal conflict).

We were originally going to take our machines to the aforementioned tool
store, only to find out that they weren't having a sale here in
Milwaukee even though their national flyer said so. They did relent and
host a sale (eventually), but you can only fit so many 20" bandsaws on a
10' table, so we decided to roll our own.

(2) I know this ain't rec.really.cool.trucks, but this baby is much more
than just a lumber/arn hauler. Ping me back channel if you'd like
details, I'm a motivated seller.

(3) tmKB

Date: September 18th, 2004 (snow or shine)
[...]

Except that Schmall will be there only in spirit, as he will be vacationing
in spectacular western Illinois and Iowa.

(3) tmKB

Dammit, you can't trademark a word, dammit.

Grumble.

Australopithecus scobis

On Tue, 14 Sep 2004 13:58:30 +0000, Bob Schmall wrote:

Dammit, you can't trademark a word, dammit.

Grumble.

Wait a minute while I grab a Kleenex to wipe the Folger's off my Xerox.

--
"Keep your ass behind you"

patrick conroy

"Rick Chamberlain" wrote in message

Folks,

Apologies in advance if you don't like FS posts on the Hard Wreck, but
if you are in SE Wisconsin on Saturday the 18th, you'll thank me for it.

Thanks!

We're flying into General Mitchell on the 18th to see my family. Since I'm
not allowed to make any decisions about the agenda, I'm sure I won't be
there. But at least while I'll delude myself into thinking that I *could*
visit if the stars and planets align.

Heck - I'm mailing back Usinger brats anyway - so what's the big deal if I
box up a RAS too, right?

Rick Chamberlain

In article , patrick@conroy-
family.net says...

"Rick Chamberlain" wrote in message

Folks,

Apologies in advance if you don't like FS posts on the Hard Wreck, but
if you are in SE Wisconsin on Saturday the 18th, you'll thank me for it.

Thanks!

We're flying into General Mitchell on the 18th to see my family. Since I'm
not allowed to make any decisions about the agenda, I'm sure I won't be
there. But at least while I'll delude myself into thinking that I *could*
visit if the stars and planets align.

Heck - I'm mailing back Usinger brats anyway - so what's the big deal if I
box up a RAS too, right?

Patrick,

Where is your family located? Perhaps we can setup a PORTRORSSOTC
shuttle service for you, and for others flying in for the big event?

:-)

Resto Rick

TeamCasa

Snip
Except that Schmall will be there only in spirit, as he will be

vacationing
in spectacular western Illinois and Iowa.

Dave will be in Hawaii! Mahalo! I'll send a picture to John!

Eric Johnson

snip
Except that Schmall will be there only in spirit, as he will be
vacationing in spectacular western Illinois and Iowa.

(3) tmKB

Dammit, you can't trademark a word, dammit.

Grumble.

That near my stompin ground, where?

jo4hn

TeamCasa wrote:

Snip

Dave will be in Hawaii! Mahalo! I'll send a picture to John!

gloom.
patrick conroy

"Rick Chamberlain" wrote in message

Where is your family located?

That far-north suburb of Chicago - Lake Geneva.

Perhaps we can setup a PORTRORSSOTC
shuttle service for you, and for others flying in for the big event?

Wowser's - yoose guys go first class!
Ya think the shuttle could let us out at the Schiltz plant for a quick tour,
right?
I mean, it's still there - right?

Unisaw A100

patrick conroy wrote:
Ya think the shuttle could let us out at the Schiltz plant for a quick tour,
right?
I mean, it's still there - right?

Ahhh, yeah, it's still there. At least parts of it. Come
to think of it, well, the ground is still there.

UA100, who thinks one of the bigger shames in life was
tearing down the Schlitz complex...

Doug Winterburn

On Wed, 15 Sep 2004 01:22:38 +0000, Unisaw A100 wrote:

patrick conroy wrote:
Ya think the shuttle could let us out at the Schiltz plant for a quick
tour, right?
I mean, it's still there - right?

Ahhh, yeah, it's still there. At least parts of it. Come to think of it,
well, the ground is still there.

UA100, who thinks one of the bigger shames in life was tearing down the
Schlitz complex...

....and lots of folks out west feel the same at the demise of the Oly
Brewery complex in Olympia, WA :-(

Personally, I liked Rainier (long gone) better, but my FIL
(also long gone) worked in the Oly facility for 35 years. Sure do miss
those "short" tours and the FIL.

-Doug

--
"If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange apples
then you and I will still each have one apple.

patrick conroy

"Unisaw A100" wrote in message

UA100, who thinks one of the bigger shames in life was
tearing down the Schlitz complex...

I think I was an early teenager when I went with Dad on some sort of
business call to the plant. I recall walking through the cafeteria - and
seeing cases on both the East and West ends of the beanery.

The ones to the East were full, the ones to the West were for the empties.
I think I asked - and was told it was OK for the crew to have "a beer" over
lunch.

Over the years, I've ruminated on this and am puzzled, not by the obvious
since my visit predated OSHA, but over refrigeration. I don't recall seeing
any beer in a fridge. I guess they were willing to drink it warm.