patrick conroy

"Unisaw A100" wrote in message

UA100, who thinks one of the bigger shames in life was
tearing down the Schlitz complex...

I think I was an early teenager when I went with Dad on some sort of
business call to the plant. I recall walking through the cafeteria - and
seeing cases on both the East and West ends of the beanery.

The ones to the East were full, the ones to the West were for the empties.
I think I asked - and was told it was OK for the crew to have "a beer" over
lunch.

Over the years, I've ruminated on this and am puzzled, not by the obvious
since my visit predated OSHA, but over refrigeration. I don't recall seeing
any beer in a fridge. I guess they were willing to drink it warm.