Rick Chamberlain

Default FS Shameless plug - SE Wisconsin Tool Sale (PORTRORSSOTC)

Folks,

Apologies in advance if you don't like FS posts on the Hard Wreck, but
if you are in SE Wisconsin on Saturday the 18th, you'll thank me for it.

The Mahwahkee Ten is hosting the first ever PORTRORSSOTC (1) sale.
Since many of us are old arn heads, you can surmise that a lot of the
tools will be lovingly used and have a certain special patina to them,
and include manufacturers such as Delta, King Seeley, Darra James, and
Tannewitz. There are even a couple of newer machines by Jet and
Powermatic that'll tickle the fancy of any wooddorker.

There will be lots of tools and parts, and good weather is promised by
our local weather jocks too (which means absolutely nothing if you know
anything about Wisconsin weather, so wear shorts and tee-shirts but pack
the flannel, wool, and Thinsulate just in case).

Date: September 18th, 2004 (snow or shine)
Time: 8:30am - 4:00pm (no early birds - there are large dogs to ward
them away)
Location: New Berlin, WI (about 20 minutes SW of downtown MKE)

I will post a complete list of machines and parts sometime tonight or
tomorrow AM, and should have digi-pics of the good stuff on a web page
by the same time. The actual address of the location will be posted
Friday afternoon so the outta-towners can fire up Mapquest in time.

If you're in the market for a table saw, RAS, jointer, sander, or spare
parts, this is the place to be this weekend. There is even a beautiful
1995 Chevy Z71 available for sale if you need something to haul your
haul home in! (2)

Even if you're not in the market for anything, stop down, introduce
yourself, and swap wRECk or OWWM stories. Celebrity appearances by
Keeter (Unisaw A100), Bob Schmall, Neener Dean Gebhardt, David (low
pressure front) Charnon, and Toe-Knee are on hand throughout the day.
Sorry, no pony rides.

Be there or be square! Peace! And bitchin'! (3)

Resto Rick in Mahwahkee

(1) The original name for the sale was "Pox on (insert local woodworking
tool store name here, whose CEO is affectionately known as "Action")
Tool Rummage-O-Rama Spectacular Sale of the Century (abbreviated for
clarity and to avoid legal conflict).

We were originally going to take our machines to the aforementioned tool
store, only to find out that they weren't having a sale here in
Milwaukee even though their national flyer said so. They did relent and
host a sale (eventually), but you can only fit so many 20" bandsaws on a
10' table, so we decided to roll our own.

(2) I know this ain't rec.really.cool.trucks, but this baby is much more
than just a lumber/arn hauler. Ping me back channel if you'd like
details, I'm a motivated seller.

(3) tmKB