Unisaw A100

Default A World Class Concert Hall

Here's a project we finished up in Madison (Wisconsin of
course) last year. It turned out "kinda" nice.

A Shot From The Stage:
http://www.merlin-net.com/THUMBS2/TDIR0732/X00047_9.JPG

A Shot From The Back:
http://www.merlin-net.com/THUMBS2/TDIR0763/X00109_9.JPG

Not Lit Up But A Cool Shot:
http://www.merlin-net.com/THUMBS2/TDIR0729/X00123_9.JPG

We Warned Them About Barber Poling But Would They Listen?:
http://www.merlin-net.com/THUMBS2/TDIR0687/X00095_9.JPG

The entire hall was built in our shop in Milwaukee and
shipped to the site is pretty huge sub-assemblies (all shop
finished). For the side boxes we mocked up the existing
field conditions in the shop using cantilevered steel
racking. These were radius in plan, elevation and section.
When they were set in place nearly everything fit like it
was built on site. The funny thing was, we had a hellava
problem with plain old straight paneling. I won't go into
why that was other than to say it wasn't by our doing.

UA100
Swingman

"Unisaw A100" wrote in message
Here's a project we finished up in Madison (Wisconsin of
course) last year. It turned out "kinda" nice.

Looks like world class ww'ing also. Nice to see projects of that magnitude
in the age of faux.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 11/06/04

butch

I assume this is UW Madison-would also assume the paneling was a PITA
simply because the walls you had to put them on were not straight.

I have crews that install cabinets in large projects and it always
amazes me how major construction companies can build walls using metal
joists and get them completely out of whack. Same goes with concrete
flooring - the humps and ridges are amazing. Ah well that is why they
hire us pros.

Very nice I hope the sound quality is good - getting that right can be
a bear - took em several tries at the Avery Fischer Hall in NYC IIRC.

Unisaw A100

butch wrote:
I assume this is UW Madison-

Actually it was a privately funded (gift) to the city.

would also assume the paneling was a PITA
simply because the walls you had to put them on were not straight.

What we had to work from was raw concrete out croppings and
back walls. We supplied plaster templates to the GC. There
was a wee bit of transit work involved. God bless Al Gore
for inventing the CNC router.

I have crews that install cabinets in large projects and it always
amazes me how major construction companies can build walls using metal
joists and get them completely out of whack. Same goes with concrete
flooring - the humps and ridges are amazing. Ah well that is why they
hire us pros.

Floors 3" out over the span of 50 feet. Makes for some wide
base.

Very nice I hope the sound quality is good - getting that right can be
a bear - took em several tries at the Avery Fischer Hall in NYC IIRC.

We got it right the first time around. The rework we did do
was from improper (forgot to read the drarings)
installation.

UA100
Steven and Gail Peterson

My Dad was an independant one-man shop, and when I was a teenager, I helped
with many cabinet installations. In one case, (this was Oregon) a logger
had started a house, and then been injured. His wife and her mother
finished the house, and we installed cabinets. Over an 8' length, the
kitchen must have been off by 4-5 inches. Didn't look that bad, but Dad
made his cabinets to hang true. So, some custom molding to cover the voids.
I know it bothered him, but what was there to do? The finish guys have to
deal with what they have to deal with.

Steve

ups.com...