Steven and Gail Peterson

My Dad was an independant one-man shop, and when I was a teenager, I helped
with many cabinet installations. In one case, (this was Oregon) a logger
had started a house, and then been injured. His wife and her mother
finished the house, and we installed cabinets. Over an 8' length, the
kitchen must have been off by 4-5 inches. Didn't look that bad, but Dad
made his cabinets to hang true. So, some custom molding to cover the voids.
I know it bothered him, but what was there to do? The finish guys have to
deal with what they have to deal with.

Steve

"butch" wrote in message
ups.com...
I assume this is UW Madison-would also assume the paneling was a PITA
simply because the walls you had to put them on were not straight.

I have crews that install cabinets in large projects and it always
amazes me how major construction companies can build walls using metal
joists and get them completely out of whack. Same goes with concrete
flooring - the humps and ridges are amazing. Ah well that is why they
hire us pros.

Very nice I hope the sound quality is good - getting that right can be
a bear - took em several tries at the Avery Fischer Hall in NYC IIRC.