Robatoy

In article ,
"Ray V" wrote:

You are missing the benefit to you of us Normites. If a 7 level C141-B
mechanic like me can can watch Norm and say, "I could do that if I had those
tools..", it lowers the price of tools for the 'real' WWs.
What difference does it make if mine sit in the garage for years and the
insulation on the cord rots away, it lowered the price for everyone.

To be honest with you, I have never looked at it that way. A very
interesting perspective. Thanks for that.

0¿0

Rob
Larry Jaques

On Tue, 01 Mar 2005 19:41:38 -0500, the inscrutable Will
spake:

Upscale wrote:
"Larry Jaques" wrote in message

If I could have only one, I'd choose HGTV, though some of their
better programs are gone. Ground Force was one I thoroughly enjoyed.

In the past few months, I've taken to watching and often recording Holmes on
Homes on HGTV. He's a renovations expert not a finished carpenter, but I
enjoy watching and learning when he fixes the mistakes and ****ups that
other contractors do to people's homes.

Gotta agree with you -- a great program. Comedy, tragedy and a bit of
wood-working. What more can you ask for?

Strange. I don't see that program on the HGTV.com lineup and don't
recall seeing it in the sat directory. I find "Homes to Go" and "Homes
Across America" but no "Holmes" turns up in a search of the site.
Curious.

--
Remember: Every silver lining has a cloud.
----
LRod

On Wed, 02 Mar 2005 09:19:58 -0500, Robatoy
wrote:

In article ,
"Ray V" wrote:

You are missing the benefit to you of us Normites. If a 7 level C141-B
mechanic like me can can watch Norm and say, "I could do that if I had those
tools..", it lowers the price of tools for the 'real' WWs.
What difference does it make if mine sit in the garage for years and the
insulation on the cord rots away, it lowered the price for everyone.

To be honest with you, I have never looked at it that way. A very
interesting perspective. Thanks for that.

Geez, that's been my standard defense-of-Norm position for years. I
even address it on my Norm's Tools page. Without the Starlifter
reference, of course.

- -
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

http://www.woodbutcher.net
Robatoy

In article ,
Will wrote:

Hay no problemo! I send you da sinews and some bone needles as well.
Don't have time to cure it so hope yer woman has strong teeth so she kin
chew it proper like -- eh?

Now we're talking!

One master craftsman who has his own show but hasn't been mentioned yet
is, of course, Red Green.
Multi faceted, cross-medium builder, designer, raconteur and a gentleman.
No wasteful money squandering in his workshop.

A man who truly knows how to blend different materials and end up with a
whole new interpretation of 'form follows function'.

A contender for The Order Of Canada...to say the least!

Keep your stick on the ice...pointy or not.

0¿0

Rob
Upscale

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message

In the past few months, I've taken to watching and often recording

Holmes on
Homes on HGTV. He's a renovations expert not a finished carpenter, but

enjoy watching and learning when he fixes the mistakes and ****ups that
other contractors do to people's homes.

Strange. I don't see that program on the HGTV.com lineup and don't
recall seeing it in the sat directory. I find "Homes to Go" and "Homes
Across America" but no "Holmes" turns up in a search of the site.
Curious.

It's a Canadian based show and filmed up here. Maybe it's filtered from US
content.

Will

Robatoy wrote:
In article ,
Will wrote:

Hay no problemo! I send you da sinews and some bone needles as well.
Don't have time to cure it so hope yer woman has strong teeth so she kin
chew it proper like -- eh?

Now we're talking!

One master craftsman who has his own show but hasn't been mentioned yet
is, of course, Red Green.

Well maybe not. But I do him homage in my shop pictures.

See the bandsaw...
http://woodwork.pmccl.com/Business/i...shop/shop.html

Multi faceted, cross-medium builder, designer, raconteur and a gentleman.
No wasteful money squandering in his workshop.

I work hard to emulate his thoughtful approach. "If the women don't find
you handsome they should at least find you handy." -- right?

A man who truly knows how to blend different materials and end up with a
whole new interpretation of 'form follows function'.

Indeed -- especially when they make throwing devices -- then something
follows something -- that's for sure.

A contender for The Order Of Canada...to say the least!

I agree - suggest it to the PM. It will give him something useful to do
while he fritters away time planning the menu in his "fiscal cafeteria".

He can get Her Excellency Mdm. A. Clarkson working on the ceremony. She
needs some budget expansion...

Keep your stick on the ice...pointy or not.

And your elbows at your side.

0¿0

Rob

It must be all the pollution from Detroit causing this. LOL

--
Will
Occasional Techno-geek
John Thomas

Will wrote in news:_JnVd.34408$Vf6.1000515
@news20.bellglobal.com:

Well maybe not. But I do him homage in my shop pictures.

See the bandsaw...
http://woodwork.pmccl.com/Business/i...shop/shop.html

Hmm. I think your bandsaw to duct tape ratio's a bit off there.

Nice website, btw ....

JT (a real big Red Green fan; he seems to have disappeared from the local
PBS .. :-( ....
Will

John Thomas wrote:
Will wrote in news:_JnVd.34408$Vf6.1000515
@news20.bellglobal.com:

Well maybe not. But I do him homage in my shop pictures.

See the bandsaw...
http://woodwork.pmccl.com/Business/i...shop/shop.html

Hmm. I think your bandsaw to duct tape ratio's a bit off there.

Well gee, How much should I add? LOL

I'll get right on it.

Nice website, btw ....

JT (a real big Red Green fan; he seems to have disappeared from the local
PBS .. :-( ....

--
Will
Occasional Techno-geek
Ray V

Is this the show with David Marks? Shop appears to be in a basement, very
high quality projects and awesome tools. I may have seen this a couple
times during the DIY previews that HGTV occasionally runs.

Like the show but he is way out of my league, I am years away from even
attempting pieces that nice.

--

Too much is not enough!
rvojtash NOT THIS at comcast (dot) net
wrote in message
oups.com...
DIY channel has a great woodworking show called Wood Work or
Woodworking (not "DIY Woodworking" that is a completely different show,
and is not as good in my opinion).

Ray V

Is Mr. Green still on PBS? I haven't seen it in years.

BTW I am now top-posting. I like it!, especially since that is the default
for OE.

--

Too much is not enough!
rvojtash NOT THIS at comcast (dot) net
---
"Robatoy" wrote in message
In article ,
Will wrote:

Hay no problemo! I send you da sinews and some bone needles as well.
Don't have time to cure it so hope yer woman has strong teeth so she kin
chew it proper like -- eh?

Now we're talking!

One master craftsman who has his own show but hasn't been mentioned yet
is, of course, Red Green.
Multi faceted, cross-medium builder, designer, raconteur and a gentleman.
No wasteful money squandering in his workshop.

A man who truly knows how to blend different materials and end up with a
whole new interpretation of 'form follows function'.

A contender for The Order Of Canada...to say the least!

Keep your stick on the ice...pointy or not.

0¿0

Rob

Robatoy

In article ,
Will wrote:

It must be all the pollution from Detroit causing this. LOL

I'm an hour north of Detroit.. up wind and up river..

Crazy place, dude!
patrick conroy

"Ray V" wrote in message

Is this the show with David Marks? Shop appears to be in a basement, very
high quality projects and awesome tools.

His shop, IIRC is about 1600 sqft and is an old barn that was on his
property. In CA.
He's got a killer bandsaw, jointer and lathe.

Yes, that is his show. His shop is on ground level inside a barn; he
gave a tour of his shop in one of his show.

Although there are many things in his show that I doubt I will ever try
(the use of vacuum press, intricate inlays...etc), I surely can pick up
some tips from his shows here and there (use of Tung Oil, put blue
tapes around glue joint...etc). Moreover, watching the show itself is
a joy.

Jay Chan

Larry Jaques

On Tue, 01 Mar 2005 21:38:22 -0500, the inscrutable Robatoy
spake:

In article ,
Will wrote:

Always did like lambchop. :-)

Like? Or more than just 'like'? You can tell us Will.. we've all have a
little something for Lambchop.

I always dreamt of getting a hand^H^H^H^Hmouthjob from Lambchop
whilst I quietly diddled Sherry.

--
Remember: Every silver lining has a cloud.
----

Will

Will wrote:

Always did like lambchop. :-)

Like? Or more than just 'like'? You can tell us Will.. we've all have a
little something for Lambchop.

I always dreamt of getting a hand^H^H^H^Hmouthjob from Lambchop
whilst I quietly diddled Sherry.

Are you a dirty ol man os sumpthin??!!! :-o

We were trying to keep it clean here -- mostly.

--
Remember: Every silver lining has a cloud.
----

Will
Occasional Techno-geek
Larry Jaques

On Thu, 03 Mar 2005 19:12:43 -0500, the inscrutable Will
spake:

Larry Jaques wrote:

I always dreamt of getting a hand^H^H^H^Hmouthjob from Lambchop
whilst I quietly diddled Sherry.

Are you a dirty ol man os sumpthin??!!! :-o

Uh, yeah. Isn't everyone?

We were trying to keep it clean here -- mostly.

Oh, I always clean up afterwards. domg

Save the ||| http://diversify.com
Endangered SKEETS! ||| Web Application Programming
Robatoy

In article ,
Larry Jaques wrote:

Like? Or more than just 'like'? You can tell us Will.. we've all have a
little something for Lambchop.

I always dreamt of getting a hand^H^H^H^Hmouthjob from Lambchop
whilst I quietly diddled Sherry.

You sick sunnuvabitch!
..
..
..
you're okay by me..G

I guess the yanks are too busy making up bull**** reasons to invade
third world nations? Holmes on homes is quality programming that
proves canada is second to none when programming is concerned.
Robatoy wrote:
In article ,
Will wrote:

Hay no problemo! I send you da sinews and some bone needles as

well.
Don't have time to cure it so hope yer woman has strong teeth so

she kin
chew it proper like -- eh?

Now we're talking!

One master craftsman who has his own show but hasn't been mentioned

yet
is, of course, Red Green.
Multi faceted, cross-medium builder, designer, raconteur and a

gentleman.
No wasteful money squandering in his workshop.

A man who truly knows how to blend different materials and end up

with a
whole new interpretation of 'form follows function'.

A contender for The Order Of Canada...to say the least!
=20
Keep your stick on the ice...pointy or not.
=20
0=BF0
=20
Rob

Maverick

wrote in message
oups.com...
I guess the yanks are too busy making up bull**** reasons to invade
third world nations? Holmes on homes is quality programming that
proves canada is second to none when programming is concerned.

Oh yes. I especially love that "Maggie" goofball that teaches us all those
wonderful Canadian craft ideas.

Rumpty

I guess the yanks are too busy making up bull**** reasons to invade
third world nations?

We are a Christian nation and need to spread our Christian values to you 3rd
world sinners/savages!

--

Rumpty

wrote in message
oups.com...
I guess the yanks are too busy making up bull**** reasons to invade
third world nations? Holmes on homes is quality programming that
proves canada is second to none when programming is concerned.
Robatoy wrote:
In article ,
Will wrote:

[...]

WillR

snip of political BS
Holmes on homes is quality programming that
proves canada is second to none when programming is concerned.

Maybe you should substantiate that claim. (...Assuming you mean it is=20
about woodworking and renovations).

I thought it was a comedy show. ...A show where Holmes is the straight=20
guy and the Original Contractor (OC) provided the comedy.

http://www.holmesonhomes.com/

The link above for those interested.

For anyone who renovates -- no matter where you are it is worth a look=20
-- if you can't get the show where you are think "Red Rose Tea".

--=20
Will R.
Jewel Boxes and Wood Art
http://woodwork.pmccl.com
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those=20
who have not got it.=94 George Bernard Shaw
WillR

WillR wrote:
wrote:
=20
snip of political BS
=20
Holmes on homes is quality programming that
proves canada is second to none when programming is concerned.

=20
=20
Maybe you should substantiate that claim. (...Assuming you mean it is=20
about woodworking and renovations).
=20
I thought it was a comedy show. ...A show where Holmes is the straight =

guy and the Original Contractor (OC) provided the comedy.
=20
http://www.holmesonhomes.com/
=20
The link above for those interested.
=20
For anyone who renovates -- no matter where you are it is worth a look =

-- if you can't get the show where you are think "Red Rose Tea".
=20
=20

Just a further note -- it is the Photo Gallery that is interesting on=20
the site.

If you do quality renos you could bust a gut laughing at the=20
predicaments people get into.

Enjoy.

--=20
Will R.
Jewel Boxes and Wood Art
http://woodwork.pmccl.com
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those=20
who have not got it.=94 George Bernard Shaw
Edwin Pawlowski

wrote in message
oups.com...
I guess the yanks are too busy making up bull**** reasons to invade
third world nations?

Canada is next. Better head for Mexico now.

WillR

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

wrote in message=20
oups.com...

SNIPPED POLITICAL BS

=20
Canada is next. Better head for Mexico now.=20
=20
=20

That would only be a one country delay. Few months at best. Right?

ROTFLMAO

--=20
Will R.
Jewel Boxes and Wood Art
http://woodwork.pmccl.com
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those=20
who have not got it.=94 George Bernard Shaw

Rumpty

Canada is next

Well we need to take care of those "frost backs" trying to illegally
importing their socialized medicine show into the US of A.

--

Rumpty

Sam

If there ever is a catastrophic incident of major proportions that happens
in Canada and you desperately need help call France or China. I'm sure
they'll jump right in to help! Most levelheaded Canadians are pro US and
vice-versa for the Americans. It's just a few jerks like "team3m" that do
not have the gonads to post their name, that give our Northern neighbors a
bad name.

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message

wrote in message
oups.com...
I guess the yanks are too busy making up bull**** reasons to invade
third world nations?

Canada is next. Better head for Mexico now.

WillR

Sam wrote:
If there ever is a catastrophic incident of major proportions that happ=

ens
in Canada and you desperately need help call France or China. =20

They'll wok with us -- that's for sure.

I'm sure
they'll jump right in to help! =20

Vive Le Quebec Libre! -- Like that?

Most levelheaded Canadians are pro US and
vice-versa for the Americans. =20

Most of us don't stand for much of anything. "We travel down the middle=20
where we can't be criticized." (Brothers in Law Album from the 60's)=20
Maybe Robatoy remembers them -- they were from his neck o' the woods as=20
I recall. LOL

It's just a few jerks like "team3m" that do
not have the gonads to post their name, that give our Northern neighbor=

s a
bad name.
=20
=20

Ahhh So they give us all a bad name? Not themselves?

It sure is easy to start flamewars here -- isn't it?

=20
=20
"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
=20
wrote in message
groups.com...
I guess the yanks are too busy making up bull**** reasons to invade
third world nations?

Canada is next. Better head for Mexico now.

You'll freeze your a** off and head home. Gimme a break.

Make us part of the USA and we'll all move to California, Arizona and=20
Florida. Think you're ****ed off now???? Wait'll the property values drop=
!!!

ROTFLMAO

-------- Trolling along Singin' a song... We love flames ----

Forget who sang it but we all loved it.

--=20
Will R.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those=20
who have not got it.=94 George Bernard Shaw
Edwin Pawlowski

"WillR" wrote in message

Ahhh So they give us all a bad name? Not themselves?

Nah, there are assholes on both sides of the borders. Any border. I sure
don't let on person form my opinion for the rest. You seem like a nice guy
yourself. I'll call you the day before we invade so you can get out.

WillR

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
"WillR" wrote in message
=20
=20
Ahhh So they give us all a bad name? Not themselves?

=20
=20
Nah, there are assholes on both sides of the borders. Any border. I s=

ure=20
don't let on person form my opinion for the rest. You seem like a nice=

guy=20
yourself. I'll call you the day before we invade so you can get out.
=20
=20
=20
=20

Appreciate that Ed.

Do ask the boys not to leave tank tracks or get mud on the streets. It=20
clashes with the flowers we have at the sides of many streets. LOL

--=20
Will R.
Jewel Boxes and Wood Art
http://woodwork.pmccl.com
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those=20
who have not got it.=94 George Bernard Shaw
George

"WillR" wrote in message
. ..

Appreciate that Ed.

Do ask the boys not to leave tank tracks or get mud on the streets. It
clashes with the flowers we have at the sides of many streets. LOL

Of course, there are some cases where that would be preferred. Town here
puts out borders of petunias, surely the most disgustingly colored flower in
the world, though it makes up in hardiness what it lacks in beauty, I guess.

Duane Bozarth

George wrote:

...petunias, surely the most disgustingly colored flower ...

Petunias come in virtually any color so they must have chosen poorly...