Rob Mitchell

Default Possible Gloat for Canadians

Just looked through a Canadian Tire flier, and saw that they are
clearing out 8" dado blades, adjustable (ie. no shims) for $80cdn
regular $200CDN.

The outside blades apparently have 48 teeth. It is called a
'Mastercraft Maximum' and comes in a plastic case.

Anyone snagged one of these yet? How good is the cut?

Upscale

"Rob Mitchell" wrote in message
The outside blades apparently have 48 teeth. It is called a
'Mastercraft Maximum' and comes in a plastic case.

Mastercraft is not considered the best quality line of tools, but depending
on you require, it might well fill an intermittent need.

DaveH

Rob Mitchell wrote in message ...
Just looked through a Canadian Tire flier, and saw that they are
clearing out 8" dado blades, adjustable (ie. no shims) for $80cdn
regular $200CDN.

The outside blades apparently have 48 teeth. It is called a
'Mastercraft Maximum' and comes in a plastic case.

Anyone snagged one of these yet? How good is the cut?

I bought one when they first came out. When I got it home and realised
that it was a wobbler I didn't even bother trying it. It went straight
back. It's a bit different from a standard wobbler in that it has two
blades that are arranged in a V configuration. I have a friend who
bought one recently to replace a stack and he is impressed by the
quality of the cut.

Dave
Rob Mitchell

DaveH wrote:
Rob Mitchell wrote in message ...

Just looked through a Canadian Tire flier, and saw that they are
clearing out 8" dado blades, adjustable (ie. no shims) for $80cdn
regular $200CDN.

The outside blades apparently have 48 teeth. It is called a
'Mastercraft Maximum' and comes in a plastic case.

Anyone snagged one of these yet? How good is the cut?

I bought one when they first came out. When I got it home and realised
that it was a wobbler I didn't even bother trying it. It went straight
back. It's a bit different from a standard wobbler in that it has two
blades that are arranged in a V configuration. I have a friend who
bought one recently to replace a stack and he is impressed by the
quality of the cut.

Dave

I looked at one today. Yup it's a wobble dado. I might have bought it,
but the adjustment mechanism looked kind of sloppy. There was no indent
to lock in the width. I had hoped it might be more like the Freud dial
dado.

Oh well.