Mike Smith

Default Crib & dresser plans?

My next project is a combination crib/dresser/changing table for my
son and DIL. Does anyone know where I could get some plans and
hardware for this combination, or do I have to "wing it"?

Thanks,

Mike Smith
Rob Hall

I have plans for both the crib pictured and changing table pictured. I
haven't had a need to make either yet (but I am keeping my fingers crossed).
However, they both look VERY easy to make.
http://www.scrollsaw.com/u775.htm
Rob
Through the golden door our children can walk into tomorrow with the
knowledge that no one can be denied the promise that is America.
~Ronald W. Reagan
"Mike Smith" wrote in message
My next project is a combination crib/dresser/changing table for my
son and DIL. Does anyone know where I could get some plans and
hardware for this combination, or do I have to "wing it"?

Thanks,

Mike Smith

Mike Smith

On Sat, 12 Feb 2005 15:59:32 GMT, "Rob Hall"
wrote:

I have plans for both the crib pictured and changing table pictured. I
haven't had a need to make either yet (but I am keeping my fingers crossed).
However, they both look VERY easy to make.
http://www.scrollsaw.com/u775.htm
Rob
Through the golden door our children can walk into tomorrow with the
knowledge that no one can be denied the promise that is America.
~Ronald W. Reagan

OK, that looks do-able.

My son wanted an all-in-one piece of furniture, so it looks like I
might be able to combine the two. {Have the changing table/drawers on
the end of the crib}

Thanks for the info!

Mike Smith

"Mike Smith" wrote in message
.. .
My next project is a combination crib/dresser/changing table for my
son and DIL. Does anyone know where I could get some plans and
hardware for this combination, or do I have to "wing it"?

Thanks,

Mike Smith

Bob Bowles

Our DIL asked for a slide out drawer to be hung under the crib
mattress that was easy to do. Full extension slides and fringe
benefit more storage with footprint cost.

wrote:

I have plans for both the crib pictured and changing table pictured. I
haven't had a need to make either yet (but I am keeping my fingers crossed).
However, they both look VERY easy to make.
http://www.scrollsaw.com/u775.htm
Rob
Through the golden door our children can walk into tomorrow with the
knowledge that no one can be denied the promise that is America.
~Ronald W. Reagan

OK, that looks do-able.

My son wanted an all-in-one piece of furniture, so it looks like I
might be able to combine the two. {Have the changing table/drawers on
the end of the crib}

Thanks for the info!

Mike Smith

"Mike Smith" wrote in message
. ..
My next project is a combination crib/dresser/changing table for my
son and DIL. Does anyone know where I could get some plans and
hardware for this combination, or do I have to "wing it"?

Thanks,

Mike Smith

Mike Smith

On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 08:57:12 -0800, Bob Bowles
wrote:

Our DIL asked for a slide out drawer to be hung under the crib
mattress that was easy to do. Full extension slides and fringe
benefit more storage with footprint cost.

That might work. In fact, maybe something like a computer keyboard
tray/slide with 3 inch sides to store the diapers. Build it with a toe
board, so they could slide it out with their foot.....
Hmmmmm.... Ideas......

We saw a crib/dresser combo at Babies R Us with drawers under the crib
and it was major league cheezy! Talk about cheap! {and they wanted
around $500 for it} Pressboard & peel-n-stick... I hate it.....

They are coming over in the next couple of hours and I'll be showing
them the "scrollsaw" plans. We've already decided on Beech wood, now
we need to agree on the plans {Translation: the DIL will tell me what
she wants}.

Mike Smith

"Mike Smith" wrote in message
My next project is a combination crib/dresser/changing table for my
son and DIL. Does anyone know where I could get some plans and
hardware for this combination, or do I have to "wing it"?

Thanks,

Mike Smith

rec.woodworking ANTI-FAQ Part 6 of 10 - Plans Luigi Zanasi Woodworking 0 April 1st 04 09:16 AM
FAQ Marlene & John Schwab Woodworking 2 October 23rd 03 12:47 AM
Plans Tom Watson Woodworking 4 August 23rd 03 03:57 AM
Protecting Designs WoodJunkie Woodworking 3 August 4th 03 02:08 PM
Please help recommend joints for dresser/armoire plans! Kent P. Iler Woodworking 10 August 2nd 03 10:43 PM