Mark and Kim Smith

Default OT - OUCH!!

I don't think safety glasses would have helped here. Or a hard hat!

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news...p=irresistible
Jeff P.

Geez, and I thought getting snagged by a fish hook hurt.

--
Jeff P.

A truck carrying copies of Roget's Thesaurus over-turned on the
highway. The local newspaper reported that the onlookers were
"stunned, overwhelmed, astonished, bewildered, and dumfounded."

Check out my woodshop at: www.sawdustcentral.com

"Mark and Kim Smith" wrote in message
I don't think safety glasses would have helped here. Or a hard hat!

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news...p=irresistible

Rob Mitchell

Mark and Kim Smith wrote:
I don't think safety glasses would have helped here. Or a hard hat!

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news...p=irresistible

Are you certain those pix are for real? Any metal in a CT causes
artifacts in the image (even some fillings will do it) A huge steel hook?
Rob

Mike in Mystic

those look like x-rays to me. not sure why you thought they were CT scans

"Rob Mitchell" wrote in message
Mark and Kim Smith wrote:
I don't think safety glasses would have helped here. Or a hard hat!

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news...en&psp=irresis
tible

Are you certain those pix are for real? Any metal in a CT causes
artifacts in the image (even some fillings will do it) A huge steel hook?
Rob

JLarsson

Mike in Mystic wrote:
those look like x-rays to me. not sure why you thought they were CT

scans

The referenced article said, "The computerized tomography scan images
revealed..."

Dave Hinz

On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 00:32:24 -0500, Rob Mitchell wrote:
Mark and Kim Smith wrote:
I don't think safety glasses would have helped here. Or a hard hat!

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news...p=irresistible

Are you certain those pix are for real? Any metal in a CT causes
artifacts in the image (even some fillings will do it) A huge steel hook?

Those looked like coronal "scout scans" rather than a CT slice which would be
an axial (horizontal on a standing person) slice, so the artifact you'd expect
won't be there - it's a straight x-ray at that point, no reconstruction
involved.

Dave "Worked for GE Medical on scanners for a dozen years..." Hinz

Dave Hinz

On 11 Feb 2005 07:10:19 -0800, JLarsson wrote:

Mike in Mystic wrote:
those look like x-rays to me. not sure why you thought they were CT

scans

The referenced article said, "The computerized tomography scan images
revealed..."

Yes, but the pics in the article are made by a CT scanner in straight x-ray
mode. So, you're both right.
Rob Mitchell

Mark and Kim Smith wrote:

I don't think safety glasses would have helped here. Or a hard hat!

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news...p=irresistible

Are you certain those pix are for real? Any metal in a CT causes
artifacts in the image (even some fillings will do it) A huge steel hook?

Those looked like coronal "scout scans" rather than a CT slice which would be
an axial (horizontal on a standing person) slice, so the artifact you'd expect
won't be there - it's a straight x-ray at that point, no reconstruction
involved.

Dave "Worked for GE Medical on scanners for a dozen years..." Hinz

Ok Dave, you're probably right, I thought they were MIPs when I looked
at them first, but scouts would make sense.

But do you think they are genuine?

Dave Hinz

On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 01:24:56 -0500, Rob Mitchell wrote:
Dave Hinz wrote:

Those looked like coronal "scout scans" rather than a CT slice which would be
an axial (horizontal on a standing person) slice, so the artifact you'd expect
won't be there - it's a straight x-ray at that point, no reconstruction
involved.

Ok Dave, you're probably right, I thought they were MIPs when I looked
at them first, but scouts would make sense.

Yup.

But do you think they are genuine?

Hard to say. It'd take all of 2 minutes to photoshop up something
like that. If you want to see some amazing photoshop contests,
check out fark.com (warning: HUGE time wasting potential at that
site). They have one or two photoshop contests a day, and there are
some seriously talented folks there. Something as trivial as this
would be very simple indeed.

Dave

Nailgun safety - ouch! Grunff UK diy 21 July 8th 04 03:04 AM
ouch! 25v dc leakage to DVD case The Real Andy Electronics Repair 4 June 29th 04 09:35 AM
Property taxes and Homestead Exemption in Texas -- Second year OUCH! Alex Home Ownership 6 June 9th 04 11:35 PM
Read the Intro...Ouch! philski Woodworking 24 April 1st 04 03:53 PM
ouch! jessicandle Home Repair 7 January 8th 04 05:25 PM