jessicandle

Default ouch!

hello. i bought a really cheap bed frame and all four corners have
sharp edges..i cut my finger really deep the other day just making the
bed. the edges are also shredding up my bed comforter. can someone
tell me if there's any kind of plastic or rubber mold that i could put
on the corners? maybe like silly puddy consistancy that get's hard or
something...thanks a lot.
jessica
Anthony Diodati

possibley some JB weld, or maybe you could "dress" the sharp edges with a
fine file, and sandpaper.
The later is what i would do though.
Thanks, Tony D.
"jessicandle" wrote in message
m...
hello. i bought a really cheap bed frame and all four corners have
sharp edges..i cut my finger really deep the other day just making the
bed. the edges are also shredding up my bed comforter. can someone
tell me if there's any kind of plastic or rubber mold that i could put
on the corners? maybe like silly puddy consistancy that get's hard or
something...thanks a lot.
jessica

Dennis J Sunday

Try some foam rubber wrapped with surgical tape or duct tape.
--
Best Regards,
Dennis J Sunday
"jessicandle" wrote in message
m...
hello. i bought a really cheap bed frame and all four corners have
sharp edges..i cut my finger really deep the other day just making the
bed. the edges are also shredding up my bed comforter. can someone
tell me if there's any kind of plastic or rubber mold that i could put
on the corners? maybe like silly puddy consistancy that get's hard or
something...thanks a lot.
jessica

Jerry G.

Go to the hardware store, and purchase a medium grade file for metal work.
Also buy some medium crocus paper for sanding metal. Probably a 400 type
crocus paper would be okay. File the edges to be smooth, and then use the
sandpaper to make them more polished.

--

Greetings,

Jerry Greenberg GLG Technologies GLG
WebPage http://www.zoom-one.com

"jessicandle" wrote in message
m...
hello. i bought a really cheap bed frame and all four corners have
sharp edges..i cut my finger really deep the other day just making the
bed. the edges are also shredding up my bed comforter. can someone
tell me if there's any kind of plastic or rubber mold that i could put
on the corners? maybe like silly puddy consistancy that get's hard or
something...thanks a lot.
jessica

Des Perado

If you purchased this bedframe recently and purchased it from a retail
store, take it back for a refund.
If the manufacturer's name is on the frame, contact them for correction. If
they aren't interested, report them to the government or contact the
'Marketplace' TV show www.cbc.ca/consumers/market/ or such like.
There are probably thousands of people exposed to the same hazards
as you are from these bedframes and the public should know about it.
Des

"jessicandle" wrote in message
m...
hello. i bought a really cheap bed frame and all four corners have
sharp edges..i cut my finger really deep the other day just making the
bed. the edges are also shredding up my bed comforter. can someone
tell me if there's any kind of plastic or rubber mold that i could put
on the corners? maybe like silly puddy consistancy that get's hard or
something...thanks a lot.
jessica

jim

jessicandle wrote:

hello. i bought a really cheap bed frame and all four corners have
sharp edges..i cut my finger really deep the other day just making the
bed. the edges are also shredding up my bed comforter. can someone
tell me if there's any kind of plastic or rubber mold that i could put
on the corners? maybe like silly puddy consistancy that get's hard or
something...thanks a lot.
jessica

go to the Ace Hardware store and buy a small can of Liquid Tape.. its in
the electrical section.. is a liquid plastic/rubber... i used it to
paint onto some under the auto hood wires that were exposed, but its the
same stuff that they paint or dip onto the edge of handtools to make
handles..... cost about 43.00 for a small can.. will probably work for
what you want... you might want to file the sharp edges off before
applying it??????

Nailgun safety - ouch! Grunff UK diy 21 July 8th 04 03:04 AM
ouch! 25v dc leakage to DVD case The Real Andy Electronics Repair 4 June 29th 04 09:35 AM
Ouch P©WÉ®T©©LMAN ²ºº4 Woodworking 11 May 6th 04 06:16 PM
Read the Intro...Ouch! philski Woodworking 24 April 1st 04 03:53 PM
OUCH! Silvan Woodworking 18 January 15th 04 01:17 PM