Silvan

Default OUCH!

I don't remember the conversational circumstances that lead up to this
recollection, but my boss shared a tale from his days working in a sawmill
that left me hurting.

I haven't been to the mill, and haven't seen the machine in question, so I
can only imagine exactly what happened. The essence of it is that a
freshly-cut hunk o' log got away and tipped toward my boss. It fell and
trapped him with his penis pinned to a piece of angle iron on the edge of
the conveyor or whatever.

YEEEEEEEEEEOWCH!

I'm sure there's a moral to this story, but I'm not sure what it is.

--
Michael McIntyre ---- Silvan
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/5407/

Silvan

Mark & Juanita wrote:

How about, "when working in a sawmill, take the time to visit the
porto-let rather than trying to use the great outdoors around the
machinery?"
[Sorry, it's been a rather strange day and your post just kind of begged
for a comment]

As I understand it, he was fully clothed at the time.

I hope so for everyone's sake. I think he showers in his bib overalls, and
that's probably a good thing for all parties involved.

--
Michael McIntyre ---- Silvan
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/5407/

Silvan

Mark wrote:

Did this happen in Bangkok??? Sorry, that was bad...

Terrible, but definitely worth remembering. Ol' Bangkok will rue the day he
told me *that* story.

(One reason I still have that job after all these years is because I can
definitely get away with that kind of foolishness.)

On Sat, 10 Jan 2004 21:17:29 -0500, Silvan wrote:

I don't remember the conversational circumstances that lead up to this
recollection, but my boss shared a tale from his days working in a sawmill
that left me hurting.

I haven't been to the mill, and haven't seen the machine in question, so I
can only imagine exactly what happened. The essence of it is that a
freshly-cut hunk o' log got away and tipped toward my boss. It fell and
trapped him with his penis pinned to a piece of angle iron on the edge of
the conveyor or whatever.

YEEEEEEEEEEOWCH!

I'm sure there's a moral to this story, but I'm not sure what it is.

Moral: More women should get into woodworking.

Upscale

Well, if you want to look at it from that perspective, women have more bulk
of loose body parts flopping around than men.

On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 12:20:36 +0000, Upscale wrote:

Well, if you want to look at it from that perspective, women have more bulk
of loose body parts flopping around than men.

Yes, indeed they do...
But they are more fun to have around.
Edwin Pawlowski

"Silvan" wrote in message

Terrible, but definitely worth remembering. Ol' Bangkok will rue the day

he
told me *that* story.

Was he bragging for complaining? Seems as though I have little worry about
mine getting pinned by anything unless it has a pair of tweezers on the end
of it.
Ed

http://pages.cthome.net/edhome

Silvan wrote:
snip of strange tale

Gives kinda a different view of fishing in the company pond.
Dave in Fairfax
--
reply-to doesn't work
use:
Norman D. Crow

wrote in message ...
Silvan wrote:
snip of strange tale

Gives kinda a different view of fishing in the company pond.
Dave in Fairfax

OK, just can't resist any longer . . . the last *electro/mechanical* cash
register that NCR(National Cash Register) Corp. made back in the 60's was
called the "class 5". Very complicated for a mechanical unit, it was the
"death knell" for them, before giving up and going into electronic units.
However, this beast weighed about 125-175lb., and was really pretty awkward
to handle when you had to take one from a store into the shop for repair or
return it to the store. We had a guy who was returning one to a customer,
and had to pick it up off the cart to put it on the checkout stand.
Weeeelllllll . . . he got a good grip, picked it up and turned, "bellied it
up" onto the checkout stand. Only trouble was, he was so enthusiastic in
getting it up on the stand, he got the contents of his shorts on there too,
and then sat the register down on them!!! He told this tale on himself, when
asked why he was walking so funny the next day.
Nahmie

Upscale

Well, since we're getting into personal pain, here's one of mine. Happened a
number of years ago, but I can still feel the excruciating pain.

When living in Montreal, I was riding along one day on a bicycle, carrying a
bundle of reading material. Like an idiot, I was riding with no hands and
reading at the same time.

Ran smack into the back of parked car at the side of the rode. Shot forward,
and landed on the nut that holds the handlebars onto the bike. I was
motionless in pain on the ground for a good ten minutes. Managed to make it
home after that and had to show my father. Was rushed straight to the
hospital, 10 stitches in the testicals.

I remember that it was a mostly French hospital and I spoke little French. A
nurse came up to me and asked me (in French of course) what was wrong with
me. Since I didn't know how to answer, all I could do was to lift the sheet
and show her. I can still see the look on her face and the response.

"OH!"

Norman D. Crow

"Philski" wrote in message
And just where do you think the saying "Tit in a wringer" came from?

Philski

Ah, the memories . . . Class 31 accounting machine, big keyboard, huge long
carriage, program bar mounted on front of carriage to control functions.
Customer complains of malfunction, tech goes out & tests machine OK, another
call for malfunction, this time he stays and observes; AHA! Well endowed
operator, leaning forward to turn platen or insert new sheet, presses
afore-mentioned endowments on keyboard, resulting in what we called *titty
totals*.
Nahmie

JR

In article ,
"J.B. Bobbitt" wrote:

You have no idea .....

-JBB

That's funny except he was John Wayne Bobbit.

--
-JR
Hung like Einstein and smart as a horse

Nailgun safety - ouch! Grunff UK diy 21 July 8th 04 03:04 AM
stoopid-ass mistake: plate jointer kickback J.B. Bobbitt Woodworking 5 September 18th 03 05:32 PM