Rob Mitchell

Dave Hinz wrote:
On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 00:32:24 -0500, Rob Mitchell wrote:

Mark and Kim Smith wrote:

I don't think safety glasses would have helped here. Or a hard hat!

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news...p=irresistible

Are you certain those pix are for real? Any metal in a CT causes
artifacts in the image (even some fillings will do it) A huge steel hook?

Those looked like coronal "scout scans" rather than a CT slice which would be
an axial (horizontal on a standing person) slice, so the artifact you'd expect
won't be there - it's a straight x-ray at that point, no reconstruction
involved.

Dave "Worked for GE Medical on scanners for a dozen years..." Hinz

Ok Dave, you're probably right, I thought they were MIPs when I looked
at them first, but scouts would make sense.

But do you think they are genuine?