J & K Tomalonis

Default Marine plywood question

It's been so long since I bought any marine plywood, that I'm sure the
supplier landscape has changed dramatically. Back in the day, we had it
shipped in as cheaply as possible, and that could take weeks or months. ;-)
Waiting for empty space on the truck isn't an option now.

I'm sure many suppliers will ship, but is there anyone selling it within a
days drive of Raleigh , NC?

Any favorite or reccomended suppliers no matter where they are?

Thanks in advance,

James

Pat Barber

In Raleigh ???? nawwww(I used to live there)

Call one of the many boat guys in Morehead city and ask them
about sources...

Here are two... that are far away from you...

http://www.worldpanel.com/
and
http://boulterplywood.com/

which both carry the "good stuff" it appears...

If you are talking about "marine grade" SYP plywood,
those are NOT your guys...

J & K Tomalonis wrote:

It's been so long since I bought any marine plywood, that I'm sure

the
supplier landscape has changed dramatically. Back in the day, we

had it
shipped in as cheaply as possible, and that could take weeks or

months. ;-)
Waiting for empty space on the truck isn't an option now.

I'm sure many suppliers will ship, but is there anyone selling it

within a
days drive of Raleigh , NC?

Any favorite or reccomended suppliers no matter where they are?

Thanks in advance,

James

Try he http://www.marine-plywood.us/
I think they're 10 hours from you, but I bet it's worth the drive.
I've been to the shop several times, great service. I haven't bought
any marine ply from them yet, but I wouldn't hesitate when the time
comes. The stuff on hand looked really good. Call/email and ask
what's in stock. There should be plenty as there are always guys
redoing their Lymans this time of year.
Good luck,
Sam (no affiliation yada,yada,yada)

Try he http://www.marine-plywood.us/
I think they're 10 hours from you, but I bet it's worth the drive.
I've been to the shop several times, great service. I haven't bought
any marine ply from them yet, but I wouldn't hesitate when the time
comes. The stuff on hand looked really good. Call/email and ask
what's in stock. There should be plenty as there are always guys
redoing their Lymans this time of year.
Good luck,
Sam (no affiliation yada,yada,yada)

I went there for the first time a couple of weeks ago. Good people.
I'll be going there on Saturday to buy the lumber for my dining table.

The neatest thing about the shop is the table saw setup. They
straightline wood for a small fee, and the way they do it is with a
power feed table saw. To line up the cut, there's an incandescent
light fixture with a string tied across it hanging from the ceiling of
the shop over the saw. The shadow that the string casts is how they
line up the board for straightlining. Pure freakin' genius.

-Phil Crow

Barry Lennox

On Wed, 9 Feb 2005 22:35:24 -0500, "J & K Tomalonis"
wrote:

It's been so long since I bought any marine plywood, that I'm sure the
supplier landscape has changed dramatically. Back in the day, we had it
shipped in as cheaply as possible, and that could take weeks or months. ;-)
Waiting for empty space on the truck isn't an option now.

I'm sure many suppliers will ship, but is there anyone selling it within a
days drive of Raleigh , NC?

Any favorite or reccomended suppliers no matter where they are?

Thanks in advance,

James

Chesapeake Light Craft sell Okume to BS1088 and are highly thought of.
Their website is www.clcboats.com

Barry Lennox,

Usual PC disclaimers apply, I don't own the place,etc, actually have
never even purchased anything off them.

Max Mahanke

Try www.anchorhardwoods.com . Its in Wilmington a couple hrs away.

It's been so long since I bought any marine plywood, ....... is there

anyone selling it within a
days drive of Raleigh , NC?

[...]

I'll have to check that out next time I'm there. I was blown away by
the HUUUGE RAS they used to cut the hickory I bought for my last
project down to transportable lengths. I'm lucky to have some air
dried common to use, but man, they sure got some nice clear straight
stuff there!
Sam

Simple question regarding Ceiling tiles and sound? lbbs UK diy 5 March 26th 04 01:36 AM
Plywood vs. hardwood for walnut bookcases Ted Drain Woodworking 20 December 27th 03 08:04 PM
plywood question Rick Hughes UK diy 1 November 10th 03 10:52 AM
Heirloom furniture with plywood? jm Woodworking 20 September 10th 03 11:32 AM
Plywood v.s. solid wood Just Bob Woodworking 5 August 23rd 03 01:01 PM