Josh

Default Project dining table complete!

http://www.joshberger.com/diningtable.html

Please let me know what you all think. All comments welcome.
Thanks,
Josh

Mark & Juanita

On 30 Jan 2005 20:31:27 -0800, "Josh" wrote:

http://www.joshberger.com/diningtable.html

Please let me know what you all think. All comments welcome.
Thanks,
Josh

Josh, that is one fine looking table. Looks like you got some quilted
cherry. What did you use for finish?

The absence of accidents does not mean the presence of safety

Army General Richard Cody

Josh, you did a wonderful job!! Congratulations. Are you going to make
compatible chairs to go along with this table?

Al

Josh, you did a wonderful job!! Congratulations. Are you going to make
compatible chairs to go along with this table?

Al

Allyn Vaughn

On 30 Jan 2005 20:31:27 -0800, "Josh" wrote:

http://www.joshberger.com/diningtable.html

Please let me know what you all think. All comments welcome.
Thanks,
Josh

Great looking table! Love the legs!

Allyn

Owen Lawrence

Please let me know what you all think. All comments welcome.
Thanks,
Josh

Really, really nice. And I bet it just gets better looking with age, too!

- Owen -

Rob Hall

Great job Josh.

Rob
Through the golden door our children can walk into tomorrow with the
knowledge that no one can be denied the promise that is America.
~Ronald W. Reagan
"Josh" wrote in message
ps.com...
http://www.joshberger.com/diningtable.html

Please let me know what you all think. All comments welcome.
Thanks,
Josh

Phisherman

On 30 Jan 2005 20:31:27 -0800, "Josh" wrote:

http://www.joshberger.com/diningtable.html

Please let me know what you all think. All comments welcome.
Thanks,
Josh

I think the images need to be optimized for dialup users (I grew
impatient waiting).
Josh

First of all thank you all for the very kind words.

to Mark and Juanita's finishing question:
The finish started with a coat of a tung oil/varnish blend, then 3
coats of thinned gloss poly that I wiped on the top, and 1 coat of
brushed on satin poly for the apron and legs. Then I buffed everything
with steel wool and wax.

to Al, about making chairs:
I've been asked that a lot, and the answer is no. I've never made a
chair, and I dont believe I'm gonna start any time soon, especially
since I was just forced to dismantle my shop. (we moved, hence the new
dining table as the one last project). But I'm sure we'll run into
some chairs that match well enough.

Phisherman, slow website:
I didn't realize that all those files are about half a meg until you
pointed it out. I'll shrink those down as soon as I get a chance.

Phisherman wrote:
On 30 Jan 2005 20:31:27 -0800, "Josh" wrote:

http://www.joshberger.com/diningtable.html

Please let me know what you all think. All comments welcome.
Thanks,
Josh

I think the images need to be optimized for dialup users (I grew
impatient waiting).

Larry Jaques

On 30 Jan 2005 20:31:27 -0800, the inscrutable "Josh"
spake:

http://www.joshberger.com/diningtable.html

Please let me know what you all think. All comments welcome.

Just beautiful, Josh. And you didn't stain or poly it. Kudos!
Well done. And for the next 4 years you'll be making a full set
of matching chairs, oui?

Never put off 'til tomorrow | http://www.diversify.com
what you can avoid altogether. | Dynamic Website Applications

Robatoy

In article om,
"Josh" wrote:

http://www.joshberger.com/diningtable.html

Please let me know what you all think. All comments welcome.
Thanks,
Josh

In a word......cherry. Cherry now and cherry later. Always the most
noble of all woods, IMHO.
Good job, Josh.
Edwin Pawlowski

"Josh" wrote:

http://www.joshberger.com/diningtable.html

Please let me know what you all think. All comments welcome.
Thanks,
Josh

Be sure you post it again after you paint it. Are you going to do it all
one color or are you going to make the skirt and legs a darker color?

Aside from creating a cherry shortage and driving up the prices for the rest
of us, it looks damned nice the way it is. Maybe you can get away without
the paint.