Bill Becker

Default Sears RAS, need a manual or questions answered, model #113.29501

Well my neighbor was having a yard sale and the next day he gave me all that
didn
't sell, well anyway I brought home a Sears RAS 12 inch, he said it ran, but
it didn't have a plug, so I put a plug on it, plugged it in and the motor
turns but only at a very slow speed, could it be possible that this saw is a
220 volt (I hooked it up to 110).

Second question, anyone have a manual for a Sears RAS 12 inch, model number
113.29501?

Can anyone explain the controls on the saw?

If this is supposed to be 220 volts can it be rewired to run on 110.

I'll write later with more questions on the bench top belt sander I also
got.

Thanks All
Bill

John Grossbohlin

"Bill Becker" wrote in message
Well my neighbor was having a yard sale and the next day he gave me all
that
didn
't sell, well anyway I brought home a Sears RAS 12 inch, he said it ran,
but
it didn't have a plug, so I put a plug on it, plugged it in and the motor
turns but only at a very slow speed, could it be possible that this saw is
220 volt (I hooked it up to 110).

Second question, anyone have a manual for a Sears RAS 12 inch, model
number
113.29501?

Can anyone explain the controls on the saw?

If this is supposed to be 220 volts can it be rewired to run on 110.

I'll write later with more questions on the bench top belt sander I also
got.

I found a reference to this saw DAGS.

http://www.bobvila.com/wwwboard/messages/211034.html

HORSEPOWER.............3
VOLTAGE................120/240
AMPHERES...............13/6.5
CYCLES.................60
PHASE..................SINGLE
RPM....................3450

Perhaps the writer at the above URL can give you some help...

John

In looking at it, it looks pretty close to the age of my RAS. Mine is
10". I did not know that there was a 12 inch version. My saw is about
35 years old, so yours is pretty close. From your description of your
problem, I would look at the centrifugal starting switch in the end of
the motor opposite of the blade. Try to blow air into that area under
pressure. I have had the problem you describe several times and that
solved the problem.

Lee Gordon

Second question, anyone have a manual for a Sears RAS 12 inch, model
number 113.29501?

A model number starting with 113 means it was manufactured by Emerson Tool
Co. Try contacting them for a manual. They might even send you one free.

Lee

Fourleaves

You can find your saw at www.sears.com, go to parts, and put in your model
number. There you can find your "OPERATING INSTRUCTIONS & PARTS LIST" (for
you it will be part # 63161) and order it if you like. You can also find
diagrams on line and order most any part online. I rehabbed a non-working 10
inch Sears bandsaw that I had received from my father several years ago. It
cost less than $50 to get it back to new working condition (not looks). It
served me well for several years, now I plan to give it back to my father
for his new shop.

The easy ability to get parts for older Sears equipment has been a very good
attribute of theirs over the years; it has always been an exceptionally good
experience for me.

[...]

I have the same RAS, My blade has a 5/8" arbor for the 12" blade.
And I am having trouble finding this blade. Yours the same?
And I have it hooked up to 220 volts.
That 12" 220 V sucker was too scarey for my friend, that is how I aquired it.

"Bill Becker" wrote:
Well my neighbor was having a yard sale and the next day he gave me all that
didn
't sell, well anyway I brought home a Sears RAS 12 inch, he said it ran, but
it didn't have a plug, so I put a plug on it, plugged it in and the motor
turns but only at a very slow speed, could it be possible that this saw is a
220 volt (I hooked it up to 110).

Second question, anyone have a manual for a Sears RAS 12 inch, model number
113.29501?

Can anyone explain the controls on the saw?

If this is supposed to be 220 volts can it be rewired to run on 110.

I'll write later with more questions on the bench top belt sander I also
got.

Thanks All
Bill

Bill Becker

Thanks,
I tried the sears web sight and they list the manual, but don't carry it
anymore. I'll be checking the Emerson site next.

Bill

"Lee Gordon" wrote in message
Second question, anyone have a manual for a Sears RAS 12 inch, model
number 113.29501?

A model number starting with 113 means it was manufactured by Emerson Tool
Co. Try contacting them for a manual. They might even send you one free.

Lee

skeezics

"Lee Gordon" wrote in message
Second question, anyone have a manual for a Sears RAS 12 inch, model
number 113.29501?

A model number starting with 113 means it was manufactured by Emerson Tool
Co. Try contacting them for a manual. They might even send you one free.

Lee

the wireing diagram shoulld be on a cover plate located on the motor.
at least i think mine is. there is a cover that the springy wire
enters the motor. wireing info is either on that plate or on the
inside of that plate. cant remember which and the saw is out in the
shop and its a lot warmer in here. lol... hope this helps.

skeez

DAC

Go to McMaster-Carr, http://www.mcmaster.com/ search for item #
3088A933

If you don't want the assorted thicknesses, buy what you need. You can
then run the more popular 1" blades on the 5/8" arbor. Used mine for
many years, works well.

Good luck...

Darwin

Vic Baron

www.oldwwmachines.com

[...]

Sears RAS, need a manual or questions answered, model #113.29501 Bill Becker Home Repair 4 February 1st 05 04:44 AM
OT Guns more Guns Cliff Metalworking 519 December 12th 04 05:52 AM
All Bridgeport questions answered invntrr Metalworking 12 December 1st 04 10:55 AM
QUESTIONS ANSWERED Frank Ketchum Woodworking 5 July 2nd 04 06:59 PM
Be careful when dealing with Machine Manual Services Kory Hamzeh Metalworking 8 November 15th 03 04:21 PM