invntrr

Default All Bridgeport questions answered

X Bridgeport field rep ... I've worked on most BPT's and have lots of free
time.
Don't know it all but if I can help I will

Tom

HaroldA102

I went to the auction a guy bought a
r2e cnc he striprd the electronics i bought
the carcases from him to put on another
control i also got the serovos .
invntrr

"HaroldA102" wrote in message

I went to the auction a guy bought a
r2e cnc he striprd the electronics i bought
the carcases from him to put on another
control i also got the serovos .

R2E3 and R2E4 were and still are really nice machines . I know of a few
still making chips day in and day out.
The look a series 2 on steroids and are capable of really heavy work.

Those servo's could be valuable if in good shape.

Tom

PrecisionMachinisT

"invntrr" wrote in message
X Bridgeport field rep ... I've worked on most BPT's and have lots of free
time.
Don't know it all but if I can help I will

Im always looking for spare pallets to fit a bpc 320 / bpc 380
horizontal--appreciate if you let me know should you happen to come across
any of them on the used market.

Thanks,

--SVL

invntrr

Jeez ... I worked for BPT untill they closed and never saw a 320.
I've worked on Interacts, Boss5 ,308 ,VMC ,TQ21,TC1-3, R2E3-4, Series1-2, EZ
Traks, Romi Lathes and Harig grinders.
I may do some contract work for Hardinge and will keep an eye out for them.

Tom
"PrecisionMachinisT" wrote in message

"invntrr" wrote in message
X Bridgeport field rep ... I've worked on most BPT's and have lots of
free
time.
Don't know it all but if I can help I will

Im always looking for spare pallets to fit a bpc 320 / bpc 380
horizontal--appreciate if you let me know should you happen to come across
any of them on the used market.

Thanks,

--SVL

JMLATHE

Tom - Is there a significant difference in performance between the older round
ram Bridgeport, which I have, and the newer V ram model? Would a difference
only be noticed on heavy cuts? Thanks, John
gglines

"invntrr" wrote in message
X Bridgeport field rep ... I've worked on most BPT's and have lots of free
time.
Don't know it all but if I can help I will

Tom

Tom:

I've got a Bridgeport-copy variable speed head Taiwan machine., It has two
oil cups on the front of the head and two zerk fittings on the rear sides of
the head. Any idea what kind of lubricant should go in the zerk fittings
and how much? I paid $80 for a few pages of a Xeroxed Chinglish manual
which just says to lubricate them, and the vendor doesn't know either.

Educated guesses welcome.

Thanks,

George

SteveF

What kind of grease goes in a #3 right angle head? I talked to a rebuilder
once and seem to recall he mentioned an NLGI #0 grease but can't find my
notes. Plus most greases in the catalogs don't seem to mention the NLGI
grade so a specific product (and one that I can get in a hobbyist size
single tube instead of a 50 lb bucket!) would be great.

Thanks much.
Steve.

"invntrr" wrote in message
X Bridgeport field rep ... I've worked on most BPT's and have lots of free
time.
Don't know it all but if I can help I will

Tom

DoN. Nichols

In article ,
JMLATHE wrote:
Tom - Is there a significant difference in performance between the older round
ram Bridgeport, which I have, and the newer V ram model? Would a difference
only be noticed on heavy cuts? Thanks, John

I'm not Tom, but I suspect that the dovetail design would be
more rigid than the round ram.

However, another benefit is that you can shift the head farther
out to take another cut beyond the limit of the Y-axis travel without
losing the tram of the head, while a round ram will certainly need to be
re-trammed after such a shift -- a very likely source of errors.

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564
invntrr

Duh ... sounds OK to me ...
Changed the name to most Bridgeport questions answered
90% of my field work was on CNC but did work on lots of series 1-2 standards
BPT charged $125 an hour so I didn't get too many standards ... the ones I
did were usually in the same location as the CNC's ... kinda like ..while
I'm in the neighborhood.

"DoN. Nichols" wrote in message
In article ,
JMLATHE wrote:
Tom - Is there a significant difference in performance between the older
round
ram Bridgeport, which I have, and the newer V ram model? Would a
difference
only be noticed on heavy cuts? Thanks, John

I'm not Tom, but I suspect that the dovetail design would be
more rigid than the round ram.

However, another benefit is that you can shift the head farther
out to take another cut beyond the limit of the Y-axis travel without
losing the tram of the head, while a round ram will certainly need to be
re-trammed after such a shift -- a very likely source of errors.

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564

invntrr

I came to this group from alt.machines .cnc because over 90% of the posts
were ****ing contests between the same bunch of people.
I posted the thread mostly out of satire .. I do however know quite a bit
about BPT's .
I'm not and don't pass myself off as a know it all but am eager to help if I
can
I was a field engineer for Reliance Motors and Drives before BPT and know a
little about drives too.

Tom

JMLATHE wrote:
Tom - Is there a significant difference in performance between the older
round
ram Bridgeport, which I have, and the newer V ram model? Would a
difference
only be noticed on heavy cuts? Thanks, John

I'm not Tom, but I suspect that the dovetail design would be
more rigid than the round ram.

However, another benefit is that you can shift the head farther
out to take another cut beyond the limit of the Y-axis travel without
losing the tram of the head, while a round ram will certainly need to be
re-trammed after such a shift -- a very likely source of errors.

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564

Rick

"invntrr" wrote in message
How do I know ... I just repaired them.
The guys in Cleveland that made the really big money made the big ****-ups

OK-here's another question!

Why did Reliance make the field control module on the MaxPak III such a
bitch to get out?

Yeah, I know!
Ever work on one of the old "V" drives (MG set and tubes)?