DoN. Nichols

In article ,
JMLATHE wrote:
Tom - Is there a significant difference in performance between the older round
ram Bridgeport, which I have, and the newer V ram model? Would a difference
only be noticed on heavy cuts? Thanks, John

I'm not Tom, but I suspect that the dovetail design would be
more rigid than the round ram.

However, another benefit is that you can shift the head farther
out to take another cut beyond the limit of the Y-axis travel without
losing the tram of the head, while a round ram will certainly need to be
re-trammed after such a shift -- a very likely source of errors.

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564