J T

Default Where's Home Depot

Looked at the thread about the Ryobi OSS on sale at HD, and decided
to see if the closest one to me (about 10 miles) had any.

First looked in the yellow pages of the local phone book. Two
Lowes were there, but no HD. Hmmm. OK, checked the white pages. Found
HD listed there.

OK, called, and no answer. Called again. Same. Repeat several
more times. So, tried operator assistance, and got the same number.
Tried calling several more time, still no answer.

Dug out a couple more phone books. The two Lowes are listed, but
no HD.

I haven't been in a HD in a lonnnng time, and obviously that was a
good move. I wouldn't mind getting one of those sanders, but I'm not
about to drive that far just to check.

JOAT
Some is good, more is better, too much is just enough.
- Unknown

SonomaProducts.com

OT: McDonalds does the equivelant of several hundered thousands of
dollars of research to determine the optimum locations for each
restaurant. Burger King locates within 1 mile of McDonalds, hopefully
on the same street.

Silvan

Frank S. wrote:

He didn't say he was in Raleigh did he?

No, but a lot of us know JOAT lives in Clayton.

--
Michael McIntyre ---- Silvan
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/5407/

patrick conroy

"J T" wrote in message

First looked in the yellow pages of the local phone book. Two
Lowes were there, but no HD. Hmmm. OK, checked the white pages. Found
HD listed there.

I usually hit their website to get store directions, hours, phone numbers...

OK, called, and no answer. Called again. Same. Repeat several
more times. So, tried operator assistance, and got the same number.
Tried calling several more time, still no answer.

Bummer... Shift Change?

Dug out a couple more phone books. The two Lowes are listed, but
no HD.

"Use the 'net Luke!"

http://www.switchboard.com/bin/cgidi...21F04176313203

Jon Shelley

In article , Silvan wrote:
Frank S. wrote:

He didn't say he was in Raleigh did he?

No, but a lot of us know JOAT lives in Clayton.

Didn't realize there were so many others on here from the Raleigh area. Can I
ask where you all buy your wood from?

Jon
Bob

Is this the same guy that complained a few months ago about someone
looking for a place to buy wood in Houston in this conference? Surely
looking for HD in Clayton in a global, galactic newsgroup is not the
same thing. ;-)

Charlie Self

JOAT responds:

snip Burger King locates within 1 mile of McDonalds, hopefully on the
same street.

Except in my town, Burger King was there first. So maybe McDonalds
just builds where there is a Burger King.

Hell, Hardee's was first here. Then MacDonald's. First Big Mac went broke: it's
now a dry cleaning store. We then got all the greats, a successful (there's a
term for ya) MacDonald's--I don't know if that's Mc or Mac, and don't much
care--then Burger King and Taco Bell and Long John Sliver's. Taco Bell faded
out in four years. LJ's continues to do minor business. Or it's converted to
Arby's I forget which.

In the meantime, we continue to hope for a second and third good restaurant so
we don't have to fight the crowding at the one that exists. Oh,yeah. They did
build a Wendy's, in the same shopping area as the LJ, Big Mac complex, and
there is a Huddle House there now if you want 24 hour a day breakfast.

Easier to eat at home...and that from someone who absolutely loves a good
restaurant.

Charlie Self
"They want the federal government controlling Social Security like it's some
kind of federal program." George W. Bush, St. Charles, Missouri, November 2,
2000
Luigi Zanasi

On Thursday 27 Jan 2005 8:01 pm, Duane Bozarth scribbled:

Joe_Stein wrote:

Where I'm from:
20 miles to nearest Lowes
25 miles to HD

OK, 230 and 65...don't go there often...

Lessee
Home Depot:
Prince George 1069 miles
Grande Prairie 997

Lowes, only in Alaska:
Fairbanks 600
Wasilla 643

Coming to think of it, they also have HD in Fairbanks and Wasilla. Don't
go there often either...

But we do have a borg-like Home Hardware which carries mainly General
and General International large tools and the whole gamut of smaller
power tools. Plus the employees are easy to find and usually know their
stuff.

--
Luigi
Replace "nonet" with "yukonomics" for real email
Frank Ketchum

"J T" wrote in message

First looked in the yellow pages of the local phone book. Two
Lowes were there, but no HD. Hmmm. OK, checked the white pages. Found
HD listed there.

With your prolific web searching abilities I am surprised you didn't go
here(the website has a store finder feature). Maybe the number has been
changed recently.

http://www.homedepot.com/prel80/HDUS...j.0&MID= 9876

Lawrence Wasserman

In article ,
J T wrote:
[...]

When they saw who it was on their caller ID they probably decided not
to answer...

--

Larry Wasserman Baltimore, Maryland

J T

Well, got ahold of the HD in Garner today. Phone got answered by
some type of machine, then took about 5 minutes for a "live" body to
answer, but then I was just left hanging. Tried again, then a body
answered the phone, but took about 5 minutes again to be transferred to
the tools section. Then took them about 5 minutes to tell me no sander.

This only reinforces my decision that HD is not the place to shop.
If I "have" to deal with the Borg, it'll be Lowes.

JOAT
Some is good, more is better, too much is just enough.
- Unknown

Duane Bozarth

Joe_Stein wrote:

Where I'm from:
20 miles to nearest Lowes
25 miles to HD

OK, 230 and 65...don't go there often...

Lessee
Home Depot:
Prince George 1069 miles
Grande Prairie 997

Lowes, only in Alaska:
Fairbanks 600
Wasilla 643

Coming to think of it, they also have HD in Fairbanks and Wasilla. Don't
go there often either...

But we do have a borg-like Home Hardware which carries mainly General
and General International large tools and the whole gamut of smaller
power tools. Plus the employees are easy to find and usually know their
stuff.

Guess not.

But you must be in someplace of size then ... we have Wally-World and a
pitifully inadequate Best Buy Home Center although they did build a new
building so may beef up just a little...

Robatoy

In article ,
Luigi Zanasi wrote:

[snip]

Plus the employees are easy to find and usually know their
stuff.

What do you usually do to find them? Lift up a bearskin? Eh?
Silvan

J T wrote:

This only reinforces my decision that HD is not the place to shop.
If I "have" to deal with the Borg, it'll be Lowes.

Hear hear! I just never have been able to get into HD at all. They have a
few things Lowe's doesn't, but the hassle of getting them makes it rarely
worth the effort. I also hate the color orange, which doesn't improve my
warm fuzzy feeling when I'm in there.

--
Michael McIntyre ---- Silvan
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/5407/
Brian Elfert

Silvan writes:

Hear hear! I just never have been able to get into HD at all. They have a
few things Lowe's doesn't, but the hassle of getting them makes it rarely
worth the effort. I also hate the color orange, which doesn't improve my
warm fuzzy feeling when I'm in there.

The first Lowe's just opened here in Minneapolis. I went there the second
day they were open. I didn't think it was anything special versus Home
Depot.

Prices were higher than Menard's and Home Depot in general. The store was
very clean, but so was every Home Depot on the second day.

I won't be back unless they have something nobody else sells. Lowes is 10
to 15 miles away and there are at least five Home Depots and as many
Menard's closer to home.

Brian Elfert