Charlie Self

JOAT responds:

snip Burger King locates within 1 mile of McDonalds, hopefully on the
same street.

Except in my town, Burger King was there first. So maybe McDonalds
just builds where there is a Burger King.

Hell, Hardee's was first here. Then MacDonald's. First Big Mac went broke: it's
now a dry cleaning store. We then got all the greats, a successful (there's a
term for ya) MacDonald's--I don't know if that's Mc or Mac, and don't much
care--then Burger King and Taco Bell and Long John Sliver's. Taco Bell faded
out in four years. LJ's continues to do minor business. Or it's converted to
Arby's I forget which.

In the meantime, we continue to hope for a second and third good restaurant so
we don't have to fight the crowding at the one that exists. Oh,yeah. They did
build a Wendy's, in the same shopping area as the LJ, Big Mac complex, and
there is a Huddle House there now if you want 24 hour a day breakfast.

Easier to eat at home...and that from someone who absolutely loves a good
restaurant.

Charlie Self
"They want the federal government controlling Social Security like it's some
kind of federal program." George W. Bush, St. Charles, Missouri, November 2,
2000