CChar1151

Default Glue line Rip Blades

Anyone try any of the new "glue line" rip blades being offered by several saw
blade manufacturers? Was wondering if they are all they are claimed to be (ie
you can glue immediatly after ripping). All comments appreciated
Thanks!
Cary

Charlie Self

CChar1151 asks:

Anyone try any of the new "glue line" rip blades being offered by several saw
blade manufacturers? Was wondering if they are all they are claimed to be (ie
you can glue immediatly after ripping).

What's new about them?

I've tried DeWalt, Amana, Freud, CMT and several others. You can glue right
after ripping.

Charlie Self
"They want the federal government controlling Social Security like it's some
kind of federal program." George W. Bush, St. Charles, Missouri, November 2,
2000

Patriarch

Groggy wrote in
:

snip
I've tried DeWalt, Amana, Freud, CMT and several others. You can glue
right after ripping.

If they do well in the market Charlie, would you like to go into
business with me selling some No 4 Stanley "glue planes" on eBay? ;-)

Groggy

Don't start that now! You _know_ it takes at least a #6 Stanley glue
plane... ;-)

Patriarch
Mike Lewis

"CChar1151" wrote in message
Anyone try any of the new "glue line" rip blades being offered by several
saw
blade manufacturers? Was wondering if they are all they are claimed to be
(ie
you can glue immediatly after ripping). All comments appreciated
Thanks!
Cary

Even with the "glue" blades, I strongly recommend having the wood sit
for 2-3 days prior to glue up.

TWS

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 12:25:22 -0500, "Mike Lewis"
wrote:

Even with the "glue" blades, I strongly recommend having the wood sit
for 2-3 days prior to glue up.

Why?

TWS
Mike Lewis

wrote:

Even with the "glue" blades, I strongly recommend having the wood sit
for 2-3 days prior to glue up.

Why?

TWS

umm ... I thought the whole thread was tongue in cheek ... why would you
have to wait
to glue up your project after cutting with a "regular" blade?

Duane Bozarth

wrote:

Even with the "glue" blades, I strongly recommend having the wood sit
for 2-3 days prior to glue up.

Why?

TWS

umm ... I thought the whole thread was tongue in cheek ... why would you
have to wait
to glue up your project after cutting with a "regular" blade?

Moisture stabilization, particularly if came from thick or very wide
stock...
Mike Lewis

"Duane Bozarth" wrote in message

wrote:

Even with the "glue" blades, I strongly recommend having the wood sit
for 2-3 days prior to glue up.

Why?

TWS

umm ... I thought the whole thread was tongue in cheek ... why would you
have to wait
to glue up your project after cutting with a "regular" blade?

Moisture stabilization, particularly if came from thick or very wide
stock...

How does a saw blade solve this issue? Does it coat the wood so that it
doesn't dry out?

wrote:

Even with the "glue" blades, I strongly recommend having the wood sit
for 2-3 days prior to glue up.

Why?

TWS

umm ... I thought the whole thread was tongue in cheek ... why would

you
have to wait
to glue up your project after cutting with a "regular" blade?

Moisture stabilization, particularly if came from thick or very wide
stock...

How does a saw blade solve this issue? Does it coat the wood so that it
doesn't dry out?

The glue line blades come with a load of organic material. I'm certain that
helps with keeping the wood from drying out.

-j

B a r r y

CChar1151 wrote:
Anyone try any of the new "glue line" rip blades being offered by several saw
blade manufacturers? Was wondering if they are all they are claimed to be (ie
you can glue immediatly after ripping).

My 40T WWII rips more accurate edges than my Freud "Glue Line Rip". The
Freud is a thin kerf, and I suspect it deflects. The full kerf version
of the blade will probably do better, but I have no reason to buy one.

Barry

Edwin Pawlowski

"CChar1151" wrote in message
Anyone try any of the new "glue line" rip blades being offered by several
saw
blade manufacturers? Was wondering if they are all they are claimed to be
(ie
you can glue immediatly after ripping). All comments appreciated
Thanks!
Cary

I've use a Freud blade, and now mostly use a Ridge Carbide 40T combo blade.
No one ever told me not to glue right after ripping, but it has always
worked. I'm not sure what advantage these "special" blades would have.

Joe Bleau

On Sun, 20 Feb 2005 15:05:02 GMT, "Edwin Pawlowski"
wrote:

"CChar1151" wrote in message
Anyone try any of the new "glue line" rip blades being offered by several
saw
blade manufacturers? Was wondering if they are all they are claimed to be
(ie
you can glue immediatly after ripping). All comments appreciated
Thanks!
Cary

I have not heard of "glue line" blades but I have been glueing after
ripping with my Forrest blades for years.