Mike Marlow

"Gus" wrote in message
oups.com...
Whatever.

You win, LRod!

You da man !!

Now hear this everyone:

LRod hath decreed that there will NEVER, EVER, NEVER be a home shop
dust explosion. Not EVER. ZERO chance. ZIP, ZILCH. NADA !

Let all Rod's people say AMEN.

You has done converted this wayward sinner, LRod.

Can I get a AMEN ?
I has SEEN DA LIGHT !

Now everybody shake hands and go make sawdust !

My, this sure has become a testy place of late. Maybe someone ought to fart
and break the tension...
--

-Mike-

Mark & Juanita

On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 19:10:54 +0000, LRod
wrote:

On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 07:55:53 -0500, Steve Decker
wrote:

All of which strays far from the point of dust explosions.

They can and do happen.

All of which begs the challenge I originally posed: cite a single
example of a dust explosion occuring in a home shop dust collection
system.

To be exact, no example of a dust explosion occuring in a home shop dust
collection system as a result of a static spark ignition can be cited. It
may be possible to cite examples of fires caused by metal debris contacting
the impeller and causing a fire by spark or heat.

Problem is, static electricity does not have enough energy to ignite the
size of particles present in a home dust collection system.

With your absolute certainty that they do, it should be dirt simple to
find a cite. Just one. Come on. You know everything. Surely you can
come up with one verifiable example. I'll leave the wreck forever if
you can come up with a single documented instance.

The point, again, is to refrain from absolutism.

Uh, where does that leave "[t]hey can and do happen"?

- -
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

http://www.woodbutcher.net

The absence of accidents does not mean the presence of safety

Army General Richard Cody

Greg O

"LRod" wrote in message
On 28 Jan 2005 14:12:32 -0800, "Gus" wrote:

Whatever.

You win, LRod!

You da man !!

Now hear this everyone:

LRod hath decreed that there will NEVER, EVER, NEVER be a home shop
dust explosion. Not EVER. ZERO chance. ZIP, ZILCH. NADA !

Let all Rod's people say AMEN.

You has done converted this wayward sinner, LRod.

Can I get a AMEN ?
I has SEEN DA LIGHT !

Now everybody shake hands and go make sawdust !

If I've only converted one, it was worthwhile...

ROTFLMAO!!
Greg

Dave Balderstone

In article .com, Gus
wrote:

LRod hath decreed that there will NEVER, EVER, NEVER be a home shop
dust explosion. Not EVER. ZERO chance. ZIP, ZILCH. NADA !

Let all Rod's people say AMEN

AMEN!

djb (Who be sorely tired of this topic coming up again, and again, and
again, and again, and again)

Silvan

TBone wrote:

In the case of the six sided die, there isn't any chance, not one,
zero of a seven coming up. It isn't physically possible. There are
only six choices--six possibilities. A seventh possibilty does not
exist. There is zero chance for it to occur.

Hmmm. What if the die were a faulty manufacture?

Then it wouldn't be a six sided die anymore, case closed.

What if it were a six-sided die with faces numbered 6 through 11?

--
Michael McIntyre ---- Silvan
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/5407/

On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 07:55:53 -0500, Steve Decker
wrote

All of which strays far from the point of dust explosions.

They can and do happen.

but not in home shop dust collection systems from static discharge
from plastic piping.

time to put up or shut up, steve.
Unisaw A100

Steve Decker
All of which strays far from the point of dust explosions.

They can and do happen.

sigh...

UA100, who is going to ask Grandma about this...
Robert Bonomi

In article ,
Silvan wrote:
TBone wrote:

In the case of the six sided die, there isn't any chance, not one,
zero of a seven coming up. It isn't physically possible. There are
only six choices--six possibilities. A seventh possibilty does not
exist. There is zero chance for it to occur.

Hmmm. What if the die were a faulty manufacture?

Then it wouldn't be a six sided die anymore, case closed.

What if it were a six-sided die with faces numbered 6 through 11?

Then it wouldn't meet the specifications of the original 'problem',
and the probability analysis would not be relevant to that changed
situation.

Next question? grin

patrick conroy

"Steve Decker" wrote in message

Now as Gus says, I'm going to make some sawdust.

Izzit OK if I bring that bucket of water back in the garage?

Steve Decker

patrick conroy wrote:
"Steve Decker" wrote in message

Now as Gus says, I'm going to make some sawdust.

Izzit OK if I bring that bucket of water back in the garage?

Depends.

Is it still a bucket of water?

Is it safe? bzzzzzzzzzzz

What's the frequency, Kenneth?