Mark & Juanita

On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 19:10:54 +0000, LRod
wrote:

On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 07:55:53 -0500, Steve Decker
wrote:

All of which strays far from the point of dust explosions.

They can and do happen.

All of which begs the challenge I originally posed: cite a single
example of a dust explosion occuring in a home shop dust collection
system.

To be exact, no example of a dust explosion occuring in a home shop dust
collection system as a result of a static spark ignition can be cited. It
may be possible to cite examples of fires caused by metal debris contacting
the impeller and causing a fire by spark or heat.

Problem is, static electricity does not have enough energy to ignite the
size of particles present in a home dust collection system.

With your absolute certainty that they do, it should be dirt simple to
find a cite. Just one. Come on. You know everything. Surely you can
come up with one verifiable example. I'll leave the wreck forever if
you can come up with a single documented instance.

The point, again, is to refrain from absolutism.

Uh, where does that leave "[t]hey can and do happen"?

- -
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

http://www.woodbutcher.net

The absence of accidents does not mean the presence of safety

Army General Richard Cody