Default Paint Sprayer Question

I'm thinking of adding a paint/stain sprayer to my PC air compressor.
Can anyone give advise on what type of sprayer would work on this
compressor? I'm afraid the compressor will be underpowered for many
sprayers. The specs on the compressor are 2 HP, 6 Gal. 3.7 SCFM@40 psi-
2.7 SCFM @ 90 psi.

Any ideas?

mp

I'm thinking of adding a paint/stain sprayer to my PC air compressor.
Can anyone give advise on what type of sprayer would work on this
compressor? I'm afraid the compressor will be underpowered for many
sprayers. The specs on the compressor are 2 HP, 6 Gal. 3.7 SCFM@40 psi-
2.7 SCFM @ 90 psi.

Most touch-up guns will work with that compressor. They spray a smaller
pattern and have correspondingly smaller cfm requirements. You wouldn't want
to paint a yacht with one but they're fine for cabinet doors, boxes, etc..

In terms of spraying paint, you'll have a tough time spraying latex with any
non-pressurized gun Oil paints usually work fine with a bit of thinning,
same with most clearcoats.

Mike Marlow

wrote in message
oups.com...
I'm thinking of adding a paint/stain sprayer to my PC air compressor.
Can anyone give advise on what type of sprayer would work on this
compressor? I'm afraid the compressor will be underpowered for many
sprayers. The specs on the compressor are 2 HP, 6 Gal. 3.7 SCFM@40 psi-
2.7 SCFM @ 90 psi.

Any ideas?

Look at the guns you're thinking of and find one that will work with that
air delivery volume. If you can't, look at compressors.
--

-Mike-

On 12 Jan 2005 07:57:09 -0800, "
wrote:

I'm thinking of adding a paint/stain sprayer to my PC air compressor.
Can anyone give advise on what type of sprayer would work on this
compressor? I'm afraid the compressor will be underpowered for many
sprayers. The specs on the compressor are 2 HP, 6 Gal. 3.7 SCFM@40 psi-
2.7 SCFM @ 90 psi.

Any ideas?

accuspray 19c.

I have one. it's made for use with small compressors.

great gun. not cheap.

OT Guns more Guns Cliff Metalworking 519 December 12th 04 05:52 AM
Paint yellowed _ HELP! jhs Home Ownership 2 May 1st 04 04:53 PM
UPDATE: Textured paint Iowacookiemom Home Ownership 1 March 15th 04 03:33 PM
Just got new external door - what kind of paint do I use on it? Blake Patterson Home Repair 16 February 6th 04 11:03 PM
Spraying Paint Tom Watson Woodworking 15 September 13th 03 02:41 PM