Mike G

In article .com,
says...
I'm thinking of adding a paint/stain sprayer to my PC air compressor.
Can anyone give advise on what type of sprayer would work on this
compressor? I'm afraid the compressor will be underpowered for many
sprayers. The specs on the compressor are 2 HP, 6 Gal. 3.7 SCFM@40 psi-
2.7 SCFM @ 90 psi.

Any ideas?

an inexpensive non bleeder gun such as the ones found at Wal-Mart or
even Harbor Freight should work ok with that set up. A gravity feed
would probably be preferable

A bleeder gun has a constant flow of air out of the nozzle whether you
are actually spraying or not. This would cause a compressor with a 6
Gal. reserve tank to have to cycle frequently and unnecessarily. A non
bleeder stops the air flow when you release the trigger.

A gravity feed gun doesn't require pressurizing the cup to feed the
fluid so you'll get a little better performance.

--
Mike G.
Heirloom Woods

www.heirloom-woods.net